ARE RAMP CHECKS RAMPING UP?

Old February 5th 06, 02:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default ARE RAMP CHECKS RAMPING UP?

In article ,
Mike Weller wrote:

On Fri, 27 Jan 2006 01:43:04 GMT, "Dave Stadt"
wrote:

Handle what things? Guess I am dense but what business is it of the FAA if
I want to shut down and coast to the pumps? In fact I can remember doing
just that on a couple of occasions. Seems safer to me than rolling up with
the meat cleaver spinning. Sorry, but the story doesn't make sense. I'd
say Mr. Whitmore stuck his nose where it didn't belong.

Put it into the context of when and where it happened.

They shut off the engine on the runway, the prop stopped, and then
they rolled at least a another quarter of a mile after making a 45
degree turn off the runway, rolled down the taxiway, and the made
another quick turn and stop to get to the gas pumps.

Impressive, but not exactly the thing to do in front of "THE MAN".

Mike Weller

Impressive, maybe dumb, but NOT ILLEGAL!

Can you quote a FAR that makes this any of the FAA's business?

--
Chris Schmelzer, MD

Old February 22nd 06, 03:04 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Does that mean the RC (Ramp Checker) can't demand to see when your
last BFR was? If I understand it, that must be entered in log book.

On 29 Jan 2006 23:15:05 -0800, "Clay"
wrote:

I have never had any problems during any of the times I have been ramp
checked.
If you have your photo identification, medical, pilot license and the
aircraft is in order, you should have no problems. (If you have your
log books with you, keep it out of sight.) You do not need to show
them your log book or aircraft logs. Student pilots must have their
log book with them.
Turn the inspection into a learning situation. Most inspectors will be
happy to explain what they are looking for during the inspection.

Old February 22nd 06, 04:50 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"Terry" wrote in message
Does that mean the RC (Ramp Checker) can't demand to see when your
last BFR was? If I understand it, that must be entered in log book.

That is correct. You do not need to carry proof of a current BFR. The RC
can request you send proof but it is not required during the ramp check nor
is proof of current annual or any other maintenance requirements.