LS 4 tail skid

Old September 21st 11, 06:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JC

Default LS 4 tail skid

Hi group,

Does anybody know where I can get a rubber tailskid for an LS 4?

Thanks,

Juan Carlos
Old September 22nd 11, 11:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
T[_2_]

On Sep 21, 10:25*am, JC wrote:
Hi group,

Does anybody know where I can get a rubber tailskid for an LS 4?

Thanks,

Juan Carlos

Try www.wingsandwheels.com
I know Tim carries wing tip skids.

Old September 22nd 11, 11:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
jim wynhoff

On Sep 21, 10:25*am, JC wrote:
Hi group,

Does anybody know where I can get a rubber tailskid for an LS 4?

Thanks,

Juan Carlos

I think the last one I bought, I found it at: http://www.easternsailplane.com/catalog/index.php
This is the only one I've found, and it's not exactly the same as the
last one I bought in 2006.

Old September 22nd 11, 11:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Kuykendall

On Sep 21, 10:25*am, JC wrote:
Hi group,

Does anybody know where I can get a rubber tailskid for an LS 4?

Is the fuselage round on the bottom there, or is there a flat platform
for the skid to glue onto?

If it's round, I have a solution for you.

Thanks, Bob K.
Old September 23rd 11, 04:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tim Mara

sorry, I don't have these for the LS gliders..These rubber break off skids are all specific in size and shape for the gliders that used to use them, typically Grob, Schleicher, some early S-H gliders, Diamant and of course LS so they are not interchangeable, and if you don't have your contract paid for with DG(aka LS) it's just another one of those simple little, but necessary parts that they will not sell you
but try Üli's Pilots Shop http://www.segelflugbedarf24.de/11rollsp.htm they used to have several types and may still be able to help
you
best regards
Tim Mara / Wings & Wheels
Please visit the Wings & Wheels website at www.wingsandwheels.com

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 6488 (20110923) __________

http://www.eset.com

Old September 23rd 11, 06:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jim Marks

At 22:53 22 September 2011, Bob Kuykendall wrote:
On Sep 21, 10:25=A0am, JC wrote:
Hi group,

Does anybody know where I can get a rubber tailskid for an LS 4?

Is the fuselage round on the bottom there, or is there a flat platform
for the skid to glue onto?

If it's round, I have a solution for you.

Thanks, Bob K.

I recently purchased a new tai skid for my LS4. I purchased it directly
from
a German supplier. It is a direct replacement. The web site has email
contact info. It may take several days to receive a reply

The website is fbw-schoenwald.de. You may need to google translate.

The owner requires a bank transfer as well as covering transfer fees. I
paid
for expedited delivery. I was please with the product and service

Old September 23rd 11, 10:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
T[_2_]

On Sep 21, 10:25=A0am, JC *wrote:
Hi group,

Does anybody know where I can get a rubber tailskid for an LS 4?

Is the fuselage round on the bottom there, or is there a flat platform
for the skid to glue onto?

If it's round, I have a solution for you.

Thanks, Bob K.

I recently purchased a new tai skid for my LS4. *I purchased it directly
from
a German supplier. It is a direct replacement. * The web site has email
contact info. It may take several days to receive a reply

The website is fbw-schoenwald.de. You may need to google translate.

*The owner requires a bank transfer as well as covering transfer fees. *I
paid
for expedited delivery. I was please with the product and service

Pacific Aero Sports in the NW USA is the local LS rep.
He is able to get some LS parts direct from the suppliers and not from
DG, so the DG service contract is not required.

tail skid [email protected] Soaring 0 March 25th 05 11:55 PM
tail skid [email protected] Soaring 2 March 25th 05 12:57 PM
FS: Blanik L-13 Tail Skid & Tail Wheel Assembly Tim Hanke Soaring 0 February 8th 05 01:34 PM
Rubber Tail Skid Installation Brian Iten Soaring 3 June 23rd 04 02:22 AM
Tail Skid Help / Advice Ray Lovinggood Soaring 3 January 2nd 04 08:16 PM