Survey Time

Old February 20th 06, 07:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Survey Time

Jose wrote:
Sorry Jose but its way past time for the pedulum to swing back

I agree...

and even overshoot.

No, that would be destructive.

And what is going on now isn't?

These lawsuits are destroying this country

No, they are merely a symptom of what is destroying the country.

Well, since you have clarified the statement, I certainly agree.

If the jury pool had to pass a basic test of integrity, intelligence
and demonstrate a track record of productive citizenship

... only supporters of the present administration would have legal
representation.

Now that is uncalled for, and certainly makes no sense in the
context of what I was saying

..... You do support Bush and all his policies, don't you?
You wouldn't be un-American, would you?

In fact, I most certainly do NOT support ALL of Bush's policies,
in fact there are relatively few that I could support other than
reduced taxation.

I am a libertarian and as such find myself basically un-represented
by either major party.
Old February 20th 06, 08:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Politicians
Media
Pilots
Public opinion
Minority status
--
Gene Seibel
Hangar 131 - http://pad39a.com/gene/plane.html

Old February 20th 06, 10:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Jose wrote:

A "loser pays" legal policy would straighten this one out immediately

The problem with "loser pays" is that only the rich could afford to take
the risk of having to pay, so the less well off would be without fair
representation.

Ok, then tax all attorneys 10% of their income to put into a fund to pay
for legal action for those who can't afford it.

Matt
Old February 20th 06, 10:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Jose wrote:

(4) Terror war restrictions aren't an issue in 95% of the country...

The factors that make them politically viable are.

Bingo. That's the thing that Jay consistantly misses.

As long as he doesn't miss it consistently.

Matt
Old February 20th 06, 10:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"PD" == Peter Duniho writes:

PD But public perception is a big problem. It gets in the way of
PD new participants, and it allows draconian and useless
PD regulations to be put in place, strangling the entire
PD industry.

Keep flying Young Eagles. Still the best single program for improving
GA's image to the public.
Old February 20th 06, 11:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

We already have this...the "respectable person, who has a job and pays
taxes" is called the judge. He/she can (and do) throw out
nonmeritorious cases in a procedure known as "summmary judgement."
Also there is a rule (Rule 11, Fed R Civ Pro) that subjects an attorney
to monetary sanctions for filing a case that is not well founded in the
law and facts. The fact of the matter is...most lawsuits are
meritorious of consideration by a judge or jury.
Also, as for your loser pays rule, besides the other arguments put
forth in this thread, consider the satisfaction that most plaintiffs'
lawyers would have in having the losing mfr pay his fees. The cases
you probably decry are, for the most part, cases where the plaintiff
DID win, and you just don't like that.
Finally, my aircraft premiums went down this year by almost 20%. (I
think it's because I'm a lawyer. )

Old February 21st 06, 12:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

And what is going on now isn't?

It's not bandied about as a solution. Implementing something else as a
solution, which is also destructive, is more destructive, kind of like
the FRZ and ADIZ is bandied about as a solution, but is also
destructive. The =fact= that it is bandied about, and even accepted, as
a solution, is even more destructive.

If the jury pool had to pass a basic test of integrity, intelligence
and demonstrate a track record of productive citizenship

... only supporters of the present administration would have legal representation.

Now that is uncalled for, and certainly makes no sense in the
context of what I was saying

Just who do you think is going to administer this "basic test of
integrity, intelligence, and productive citizenship" before allowing
access to a jury of twelve peers?

Papers please.

Jose
Old February 21st 06, 12:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

If the jury pool had to pass a basic test of integrity, intelligence
and demonstrate a track record of productive citizenship
... only supporters of the present administration would have legal representation.

Now that is uncalled for, and certainly makes no sense in the
context of what I was saying

Just who do you think is going to administer this "basic test of integrity, intelligence, and productive citizenship" before allowing access to a jury of twelve peers?

Actually, rereading what you said.. you were talking about the =jury=
having to pass this test. I'm a bit more comfortable with that. I had
originally thought you intended the =plaintiffs= to meet this test
before being permitted to bring suit.

But.. AFAIK jury trials are primarily for criminal cases, not civil
torts. And each side gets to nix jury members. The issue seems to be
that the jury represents our culture's values... and you have (perhaps
justified) issue with those values.

Jose
Old February 21st 06, 01:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

On Mon, 20 Feb 2006 01:33:38 -0500, DILLIGAF
wrote:

Of the five what is the biggest threat to GA?

1. High fuel cost
2. Insurance
3. FAA policies
4. Terror war restrictions
5. Maintenance cost on aircraft

6. None of the above.

None of those things are killing GA, or even hurting it. GA is killing
itself.

There is a complete lack of professionalism and customer support in
any GA business I have dealt with. Why would anyone want to learn to
fly when instructors are never on time, if they bother to show up at
all? Then they bitch about not having any money! It takes a lot of
self control just to not choke the **** out of them.

Then there are the mechanics. I have money I want to spend on my
plane. I can't even beg anyone to take it! Maintenance costs? I wish I
had some. I can't even get anyone to consider working on my plane.
Then these assholes bitch about not having any money! I am about
ready to call it quits myself. It's just too much stress to deal with
such stupidity.

I can go into any non aviation related business and get treated like
the most important person in the world. If I don't, I will just go to
the next place. There is plenty of competition.

I am sure there are thousands of people who wanted to learn to fly,
but just gave it up because of the **** poor customer service.

I don't need my airplane and I don't need to fly. It is a luxury, and
I can live without it. When it gets to be too much trouble, I will
sell my plane and be done with it. I can spend all that extra money I
have on crack and whores. I'll probably just waste the rest.

Old February 21st 06, 02:09 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"Matt Whiting" wrote in message
Bingo. That's the thing that Jay consistantly misses.

As long as he doesn't miss it consistently.

And you claimed the *original* post was stupid. How ironic.

Sheesh.