IAF jets in Auschwitz

Old September 16th 03, 10:59 AM
JJoyce

Default IAF jets in Auschwitz

Hi,

I recently learned that IAF jets made a flyover the Auschwitz concentration
camp. Can anyone of you point me out to where to find pics of this event?

I saw some published in an Israeli newspaper in NY, but I forgot to buy
it...

Thanks.

-James

Old September 16th 03, 08:29 PM
John Mullen

"JJoyce" wrote in message
. ..
Hi,

I recently learned that IAF jets made a flyover the Auschwitz

concentration
camp. Can anyone of you point me out to where to find pics of this event?

I saw some published in an Israeli newspaper in NY, but I forgot to buy
it...

Thanks.

There was a picture in the current Air Forces Monthly

John

Old September 17th 03, 07:48 AM
John Mullen

"John Mullen" wrote in message
"JJoyce" wrote in message
. ..
Hi,

I recently learned that IAF jets made a flyover the Auschwitz

concentration
camp. Can anyone of you point me out to where to find pics of this

event?

I saw some published in an Israeli newspaper in NY, but I forgot to buy
it...

Thanks.

There was a picture in the current Air Forces Monthly

Sorry, on checking, it was a pic of them setting off. Loads of interesting
stuff about the weapon fits the three planes carried though..

John

Old September 17th 03, 09:16 PM
JasiekS

Użytkownik "JJoyce" napisał w wiadomości
. ..
Hi,

I recently learned that IAF jets made a flyover the Auschwitz

concentration
camp. Can anyone of you point me out to where to find pics of this event?

I saw some published in an Israeli newspaper in NY, but I forgot to buy
it...

Thanks.

-James

You can see three IAF F-15s here
http://freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/975249/posts. Although this photo is
accompanying article about this event it could be taken elsewhere. You can
read some anti-Jewish comment underneath. I DO NOT subscribe to these
comments, although Auschwitz Museum and Organisation of Polish Jews weren't
happy about this flyover.

Here http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=150711,
http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=145211,
http://www.star.net.pl/~infonet/airshow/index.html you can see these planes
during Radom 2003 Air Show and here
http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=150256 accompanying Boeing 707-300
with refuelling installation.

Finally, here
http://www.aero-news.net/news/milita...a52f-906b-4544
-b10a-8b5b0101eea7&Dynamic=1 is an article with a photo of two IAF fighters
taken (probably) from the tanker.

All the best
JasiekS
Warsaw, Poland

Old September 17th 03, 10:38 PM
Cub Driver

Not the jets, but an IDF soldier with a Star of David flag standing on
the railroad tracks that carried the victims to Auschwitz:

http://www.israelnewsagency.com/auschwitzisrael.html

What I particularly like about this story is that it was written by a
gent with the wonderful name of ARIEH O'SULLIVAN for the Jerusalem
Post. Reminds me of what Casey Stengel said when somebody remarked
that a Jew had just been elected Lord Mayor of Dublin: "Only in
America!"

Here's another neat story. The Auschwitz Musem DEPLORED the fly-over.
Isn't that wonderful?

http://web.israelinsider.com/bin/en.... enVersion=0&

Crikey. That's an ugly url. Okay, here's a short version:
http://tinyurl.com/nqkd

This story is illustrated by a photo, but as is the case with any
photo of the event, you really can't tell if it isn't from the stock
file.

all the best -- Dan Ford
email: www.danford.net/letters.htm#9

see the Warbird's Forum at www.warbirdforum.com
and the Piper Cub Forum at www.pipercubforum.com
Old September 19th 03, 07:39 PM
JasiekS

Użytkownik "JJoyce" napisał w wiadomości
. ..
Hi,

I recently learned that IAF jets made a flyover the Auschwitz

concentration
camp. Can anyone of you point me out to where to find pics of this event?

I saw some published in an Israeli newspaper in NY, but I forgot to buy
it...

Thanks.

-James

I asked on the other NG in Poland and one guy sent me 5 photos taken there.
These are poor quality amateur photos. All photos taken from the ground
toward low clouds (1000 ft or so). Frankly speaking you can see only dark
silhouettes on white matt background (a kind of Chinese shadow theatre) but
were taken during this event for sure. If you want them give me a sign and I
send you by e-mail.

This fellow told me, that he stood by Israeli TV camaraman so you probably
could find some footage on Israel TV or in Yad Vashem.

Regards

JasiekS
Warsaw, Poland

Old September 24th 03, 09:47 PM
PosterBoy

"JJoyce" wrote in message
. ..
Hi,

I recently learned that IAF jets made a flyover the Auschwitz

concentration
camp. Can anyone of you point me out to where to find pics of this event?

I saw some published in an Israeli newspaper in NY, but I forgot to buy
it...

Check GOOGLE for it. Lots online.

Thanks.

Yr welcome.