AF Times announces the pasting of the C-141

Old September 19th 04, 12:58 AM
C J Campbell

Default AF Times announces the pasting of the C-141

"R. David Steele" /OMEGA wrote in message
news
Looks like the C-141 is going away. I assume that the C-17 and
some form of Boeing cargo jet (7E7 or 767) will take its place.

Oh, 'passing.' I had these odd visuals. :-)

Anyway, it is relatively old news. Most of the planes had their wings
chopped off long ago.

Old September 19th 04, 02:01 AM
Bob Gardner

The 141's left McChord AFB some time ago. Now they are all C-17's.

Bob Gardner

"R. David Steele" /OMEGA wrote in message
news
Looks like the C-141 is going away. I assume that the C-17 and
some form of Boeing cargo jet (7E7 or 767) will take its place.

---
"If ye love wealth better than liberty ... servitude better than ...
freedom,
go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsel or your arms ... May
your
chains set lightly upon you. May posterity forget that ye were our
countrymen."
- Samuel Adams

Old September 19th 04, 03:53 AM
Kevin Brooks

"R. David Steele" /OMEGA wrote in message
On Sat, 18 Sep 2004 18:01:44 -0700, "Bob Gardner"
wrote:

|The 141's left McChord AFB some time ago. Now they are all C-17's.
|
|Bob Gardner

In many ways, the C-17 is a better choice than either the C-141
or the C-5. Seems to have proven itself.

Was there an attempt to equip the Guard with Boeing aircraft as
cargo haulers?

Uhmmm...the C-17 *is* a Boeing product. And yes, the ANG has already
accepted its first C-17; they are already replacing the C-141's that the
Misssissippi ANG has been flying for many years, and the TNANG will also be
getting C-17's to replace its C-141's.

Brooks

Old September 19th 04, 05:14 AM
Kevin Brooks

"R. David Steele" /OMEGA wrote in message

| |The 141's left McChord AFB some time ago. Now they are all C-17's.
| |
| |Bob Gardner
|
| In many ways, the C-17 is a better choice than either the C-141
| or the C-5. Seems to have proven itself.
|
| Was there an attempt to equip the Guard with Boeing aircraft as
| cargo haulers?
|
|Uhmmm...the C-17 *is* a Boeing product. And yes, the ANG has already
|accepted its first C-17; they are already replacing the C-141's that the
|Misssissippi ANG has been flying for many years, and the TNANG will also
be
|getting C-17's to replace its C-141's.
|
|Brooks

What was the comment that someone made about the "ANG" using the
737?

Only one single aircraft that I know of (DCANG, replacing its old 727);
called a C-40. The USN is the major user. The USAF apparently operates one
or two 757's, too.

Brooks

Old September 19th 04, 07:39 AM
Blinky the Shark

Ian MacLure wrote:

R. David Steele /OMEGA wrote in
news

"pasting"

And here I thought they used rivets.

Copy/Paste; Copy/Paste...how did you think they got all of those
Starlifters?

The OP was AF -- are the Marines still using them? I think they had 'em
out at El Toro, before they closed it maybe four years ago. Or is the
AF the *last* branch to retire them?

--
Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

Go Blue
Old September 19th 04, 11:01 PM
Henador Titzoff

"R. David Steele" /OMEGA wrote in message
news
Looks like the C-141 is going away. I assume that the C-17 and
some form of Boeing cargo jet (7E7 or 767) will take its place.

Never heard of an airplane being pasted by the Air Force.

will the CBS forgeries sink Kerry? Cub Driver Military Aviation 3 September 14th 04 12:12 AM
General Zinni on Sixty Minutes WalterM140 Military Aviation 428 July 1st 04 11:16 PM
bush rules! Be Kind Military Aviation 53 February 14th 04 05:26 PM
11 Nov 2003 - Today’s Military, Veteran, War and National Security News Otis Willie Military Aviation 0 November 12th 03 12:58 AM
07 Aug 2003 - Today’s Military, Veteran, War and National Security News Otis Willie Military Aviation 0 August 8th 03 02:51 AM