Oshkosh Roll Call...

Old July 12th 04, 04:34 AM
Jim Weir

Sniff...

A Californian...

bringing BEER to a party?

Certainly you jest.

You wanted to wash your hands with it perhaps?

WINE, brother WINE.

Jim

I will bring WINE to the party as I'm an iconoclast!
-
-Margy

http://www.rst-engr.com
Old July 12th 04, 05:10 PM
Jay Honeck

Ron and I will be driving in :-( (The plane should be finished during OSH!).
We will be camping in Sallie's Alley (volunteer camping in the vintage area).
Ron will be parking airplanes and I'll be in the Vintage Flight Line Ops
shack. Drop by and say hi! We plan to arrive the Friday before the show and
stay for the duration (or until we get sick of it, which is usually the
duration). I will bring WINE to the party as I'm an iconoclast!

Great to hear you guys are going to make it again this year!

Wine, eh? You, Mary and Christine will have to reprise your dance act
on Atlas' wing, if you insist on partaking of the grape again...

;-)

(BTW: I hope this moist, tropical weather pattern clears for OSH. As
I'm writing this I'm stuck in Lansing, Michigan, waiting for the fog
to lift yet again. I've never seen such a wet, dreary spring and
early summer... It has literally rained every day! The farmers are
loving it -- this year the corn in Iowa was SHOULDER HIGH by the
Fourth of July...)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA
Old July 13th 04, 03:11 AM
john smith

Latest update:
I got a call from my flying club today.
The least damaged of the two 182's was returned to service last
Thursday. This is the "stretch" 182 I flew to OSH last year.
The second damaged 182 is still in the shop. The rebuilt engine is now
being installed.
Now, get this... this is a 1998 C182S. I has the full stack of new King
avionics, including the KN94 moving map GPS. I have just been informed
that, while the airplane is down, the owner is having a new, $20,000,
avionics stack installed!
As a result, he wants it kept in the local area for two weeks following
its return to service, so that, in the event anything isn't working
properly, he can have it returned to the shop immediately for repairs.
This means I may or may not have an airplane for OSH.
The one possibility that exists is the "stretch" 182 available Tuesday.
Stay tuned!

Old July 13th 04, 09:40 PM
Jack Allison

A Californian...

bringing BEER to a party?

Certainly you jest.

No jesting sir, certainly not from this Californian! Ok, blame it on me
being a flat lander of the valley or something like that :-) And Napa is
one of my favorite places to fly in and eat...go figure. :-P

--
Jack Allison
PP-ASEL, IA Student

you will always long to return"
- Leonardo Da Vinci

Old July 13th 04, 09:45 PM
Jack Allison

Wine, eh? You, Mary and Christine will have to reprise your dance act
on Atlas' wing, if you insist on partaking of the grape again...

Um...Jay? Jim is excluded from the wing dancing, correct? Presuming so
since you were replying to Margie's post...but I wanted to clarify things.
I mean, you wouldn't want everyone to think that wine drinking = wing
dancing or anything, right? :-)

Hey, order up some decent weather for 7/23-7/25 or so, ok?