Best headset?

Old July 20th 04, 10:48 PM
Jay Honeck

ones. We will wait for a while before ordering a second one. BTW,
we are using the same cautious approach in purchasing folding bikes.
Bought a 7-gear Giant Halfway last week to try out for a while before
getting the second one. It's a beautiful, well-designed bike, fold up
very easily and ride very comfortably.

Cool! Folding bikes are on my "check 'em out at OSH" list this year.

How much were they? (And what brand is "Giant Halfway"?)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old July 21st 04, 04:32 PM
hlongworth

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message news:brgLc.129592$JR4.26897@attbi_s54...
Cool! Folding bikes are on my "check 'em out at OSH" list this year.

How much were they? (And what brand is "Giant Halfway"?)

Cost: $550.
Mfg: Giant - check under specialty bike
http://www.giant-bicycles.com/us/page.asp
Model: Halfway (halfway between a street and dirt bike). 20", 7
speed
Reviews:
http://www.pestridge.go-plus.net/transport/giant.html
http://philip.greenspun.com/flying/shopping

It's a bit more heavy than the 8-speed Dahon Helios P8 which was
also under consideration (28lbs vs. 23lbs). The several months backlog
on Dahon bikes and some of the bad reports on this brand reliability
and mfg support were the reasons for the Giant Halfway purchase.
Old July 22nd 04, 05:47 AM
Jay Honeck

How much were they? (And what brand is "Giant Halfway"?)

Cost: $550.
Mfg: Giant - check under specialty bike
http://www.giant-bicycles.com/us/page.asp
Model: Halfway (halfway between a street and dirt bike). 20", 7
speed
Reviews:
http://www.pestridge.go-plus.net/transport/giant.html
http://philip.greenspun.com/flying/shopping

Thanks for the info.

Ya just gotta wonder why those stupid folding bikes are SO expensive. It's
buy one in a heartbeat at the $150 level -- but $550?

I suppose it's product liability rearing its ugly head again. One kid
pinches a finger off while folding it, and WHAM -- they're in court.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA