Amusing: WTF IS GOING ON AT THE FBO?

Old July 20th 04, 07:46 PM
gatt

Default Amusing: WTF IS GOING ON AT THE FBO?

So I'm sitting in the FBO classroom with the chief CFI when his cell rings
and he excuses himself. I can overhear the conversation. "Yes, we
definately have pilots available for that. No...you need somebody younger?
Okay...he's 40, but he's 5'11."

....and then... "Well, we don't have any red-headed instructors, but could
she wear a wig?" (laughs) I figured this was a running joke with an old
friend, until he said "Okay...give me your name and number and I'll call
you."

At that point I punted. Didn't even want to guess what that was about, and
wasn't going to ask.

Well, it turns out that they're filming a movie--"Saving Grace"--or
something, and needed to do a scene with a pilot who could double as the
actor(ess?) So on Saturday they're taking the 172 to Pearson in Vancouver,
WA, filming the takeoff and landing with a pilot wearing a red-haired wig.
Then they're going to tow the airplane around the taxiway with the actor
onboard to make it look like it's actually taxiing.

At least I know we're not chartering hookers to Mexico or something now. :

-c

Old July 21st 04, 04:17 AM
Capt.Doug

"gatt" wrote in message At least I know we're not chartering hookers to
Mexico or something now. :

Too bad! It pays better!

D.

Old July 21st 04, 03:33 PM
Carl Ellis

On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 11:46:00 -0700, gatt wrote:

So I'm sitting in the FBO classroom with the chief CFI when his cell rings
and he excuses himself. I can overhear the conversation. "Yes, we
definately have pilots available for that. No...you need somebody younger?
Okay...he's 40, but he's 5'11."

What FBO do you fly out of?

- Carl -
Old July 21st 04, 05:30 PM
gatt

"Carl Ellis" wrote in message
.. .
On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 11:46:00 -0700, gatt wrote:

So I'm sitting in the FBO classroom with the chief CFI when his cell

rings
and he excuses himself. I can overhear the conversation. "Yes, we
definately have pilots available for that. No...you need somebody

younger?
Okay...he's 40, but he's 5'11."

What FBO do you fly out of?

Gorge Winds in Troutdale, OR. Great operation.

-c

Old July 21st 04, 08:50 PM
gatt

"Capt.Doug" wrote in message

"gatt" wrote in message At least I know we're not chartering hookers to
Mexico or something now. :

Too bad! It pays better!

That's what I thought. If there were just something worthy to smuggle...
;

-c

Old July 22nd 04, 03:23 AM
Capt.Doug

"gatt" wrote in message That's what I thought. If there were just
something worthy to smuggle...

The hookers idea makes money! Taking them to Mexico defeats the purpose
though. Mexico has enough hookers. Instead, take them to the fishing lodges
up north. Take them to Jay's pool party. Let the women pay off your
airplane. Just be discreet.

"Mr. Smith, your 'niece' is here. Good luck with the fishing."

D.

Long--But Amusing Rosspilot Piloting 3 July 10th 04 09:54 PM
Conspiracy Theorists (amusing) Grantland Military Aviation 1 October 2nd 03 12:17 AM