Two Mags from Florida

Old October 24th 03, 07:29 PM
Larry Smith

Default Two Mags from Florida

I need to clean them up. They're corroded on the outside from the salt
air, but they work. Anybody know of resources? I know how to take them
apart and put them back together with an exploded view from the parts
manual, have done it before, but don't want to harm the bearing races or
demagnetize.

Which one of you feisty experimenters has done this successfully?

I was thinking of bead-blasting them but for obvious reasons am hesitating.
Just the cases are nasty. The insides and guts are OK.

Old October 24th 03, 08:17 PM
O-ring Seals

On Fri, 24 Oct 2003 14:29:58 -0400, "Larry Smith"
wrote:

I need to clean them up. They're corroded on the outside from the salt
air, but they work. Anybody know of resources? I know how to take them
apart and put them back together with an exploded view from the parts
manual, have done it before, but don't want to harm the bearing races or
demagnetize.

Which one of you feisty experimenters has done this successfully?

I was thinking of bead-blasting them but for obvious reasons am hesitating.
Just the cases are nasty. The insides and guts are OK.

Gosh Larry, it would nice to know what type of magnetos you are
talking about before offering suggestions. Overhauling a magneto is
not an 'experiment' but if, as you say, you have done it before there
should not be a problem. Glad to hear that the 'insides and guts' are
ok. Could be a real problem with bad guts. Where did you get that
parts manual anyway? Really creative terms for parts.

O-ring
Old October 24th 03, 09:58 PM
Larry Smith

wrote:

[...]

Yes, sir Mr. O-Ring. They're S4RN-21's and the parts manual is for a Bendix
mag of this kind. I hope it ain't contraband or banned or nothing. And
then a friend gave me a photostat from a parts catalog, showing the same mag
exploded. You will please pardon me for the use of unprofessional terms for
the swisswatch interior works of this high-voltage lectrit shocker.

Well, let's see here. The best one has a frizmus pin, a plaskit gear with
all kinds of sanscrit wrote on it and somebody has smeared nail polish on a
tooth, or bled on it. A bawl bearing, points like in my old Ford, another
gear, some kind of trash like felt that somehow got in there (maybe by a
dirt dauber), and a whole maze of wires and some grease. After I got it
all thowed back together and torqued with the air tool we spun it on my
friend's machine and it made one of the hottest sparks he said he has ever
seen.

Oh, and it also has one of them little tin cylinders about twicet the size
of a thimble with a warr running from it --- like them things we used to
charge up on a car and shock the **** out of somebody.

But really all I want to do is clean up the aloonium case because it is
corroded and I don't want my engine to be ugly when I install it. In my
airboat, heheheh. We thought about heating the case up to about 1000
degrees so that the races would fall out but decided against that, after
having just one more beer to clear our thoughts.

My freind the AI with the catalog and just a few of the pages tore out he's
a good mechanick even thought of as a ingineer as long as he aint smoking a
dooby. His favorit movie is Kevin Costner in Fandango.

By the way, that fastandloose feller who is even more punjunt with his words
than BWB I think he has got caught in a lawer's hedlight kindof like a dum
armadillo waddled out an went splat in your lane and is very angry and has
turned his anger on anybody that even so gently twists his tale. Now that
dude is touchy. I figger he got too closet to them pitcher winders of them
big palast homes on them cliffs near the beech.

thanks for your help.

Old October 25th 03, 12:07 AM
Ken Sandyeggo

"Larry Smith" wrote in message ...
I need to clean them up. They're corroded on the outside from the salt
air, but they work. Anybody know of resources? I know how to take them
apart and put them back together with an exploded view from the parts
manual, have done it before, but don't want to harm the bearing races or
demagnetize.

Which one of you feisty experimenters has done this successfully?

I was thinking of bead-blasting them but for obvious reasons am hesitating.
Just the cases are nasty. The insides and guts are OK.

Whooooooey! Another edge-of-your-seat tale of exciting (only to
ass-wipe) adventure. Let's see......the insides and guts are O.K.,
but the cases are nasty. Holy ****! Does anyone here know how to
clean a case to un-beffudle our resident crackpot? How to deal with
case-corrosion.....a mystery of stupendoue proportions (for ass-wipe).
CLUE: Pep Boys. Better yet, take them to a mag shop lest you ****
them up like the latch-holes, the battery order and all the other dumb
**** you fessed up to....primarily like actually ordering a
never-to-fly Lite-Whitening kit.

Hey, dolt. I'm still waiting for you to offer some proof of your lies
about me. I'm not going to go away just because you keep posting more
idiotic posts and keep running away. Let's go. Prove your stupid
lies. By continually ignoring this matter, you're just reinforcing
the fact that indeed, you clearly are a liar. Where are the photos
you promised? We want to admire your skills as a "home-builder."
Only home-building you've ever done is a dog-house for your mangy
mutt. How long have you had those parts sitting in your garage
anyway? Care to tell us? Only took me 9.5 months from kit delivery
to first flight on the gyro. First plane took me 14 months. You
anywhere near that? Let me quote your most sage
retort....."hehehehe."
Old October 25th 03, 12:19 AM
Larry Smith

"Ken Sandyeggo" wrote in message
om...
"Larry Smith" wrote in message

I need to clean them up. They're corroded on the outside from the salt
air, but they work. Anybody know of resources? I know how to take

them
apart and put them back together with an exploded view from the parts
manual, have done it before, but don't want to harm the bearing races or
demagnetize.

Which one of you feisty experimenters has done this successfully?

I was thinking of bead-blasting them but for obvious reasons am

hesitating.
Just the cases are nasty. The insides and guts are OK.

Whooooooey! Another edge-of-your-seat tale

Answer yes or no. You got caught in a lawyer's headlight, didn't you?
Got legal problems giving you vaginitis, don't you, Kennie?

Old October 25th 03, 03:41 AM

On Fri, 24 Oct 2003 16:58:55 -0400, "Larry Smith"
wrote:

:My freind the AI with the catalog and just a few of the pages tore out he's
:a good mechanick even thought of as a ingineer as long as he aint smoking a
:dooby. His favorit movie is Kevin Costner in Fandango.

The actors name is Marvin J. McIntyre. Costner played a normal guy.
McIntyre was the dope smoking parachute instructor.

Please try to keep up.

Old October 25th 03, 03:42 AM

On Fri, 24 Oct 2003 19:19:23 -0400, "Larry Smith"
wrote:

:
:"Ken Sandyeggo" wrote in message
. com...
[...]
You still claiming you're a lawyer, Smith? You are is serious need of
professional help.
Old October 25th 03, 08:47 AM
Ken Sandyeggo

[...]

I'm answering no, ass-wipe. I have never appeared in any kind of
court as a defendant nor have I ever had any legal problems. That's a
pretty clear denial, isn't it ****-for-brains? Now, are you going to
offer some evidence of your conjecture? Yes or no, dink? I'm begging
you to and giving you my full permission to post anything you know. I
can't believe you haven't already. Think how embarrassed I'd be after
my denials and how great you'd think you look if you proved me a liar.
But even in your own sick heart, you know how pathetic you are
appearing, as a complete, baseless liar. Yes or no? I'll answer that
for you...."yes." You're slimier than a festering scab, ass-wipe. At
least a scab serves a purpose. I haven't seen any as to you. You
can't back anything up.....except your excited lower sphincter against
Buster's schwantz. The only other thing you'll be backing up is a
dump truck to eventually haul away that junky crap you have in your
garage that you insist on calling an airplane kit. "hehehehe."