Moose is Gone [NY/NJ/PA USA]

Old March 13th 10, 06:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Papa3

Default Moose is Gone [NY/NJ/PA USA]

John R. "Moose" Gravle, towpilot extraordinaire, died peacefully on
Friday after a short period of declining health. Towpilot,
raconteur, curmudgeon, and good friend, he will be missed by pilots
throughout Region 2. At last count, he had well over 35,000 tows in
his logbook, and countless glider pilots got their start behind
him.

http://www.poconorecord.com/apps/pbc...331/-1/NEWSMAP

Erik Mann
LS8-18 P3
SSA Governor NJ
Old March 16th 10, 05:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
jcarlyle

The end of an era. An interesting man, and an absolutely great tow
pilot!

I learned behind Moose, and had my last tow out of Blairstown behind
him. Gave me a hard time before towing me on my interrupted XC flight
(you'll understand when I tell you that technically Blairstown was
closed for the day), but he was a true professional and got me far
enough down range on an "interesting" day that I made it home.

Thanks for everything, Moose. RIP.

-John

On Mar 13, 1:12 pm, Papa3 wrote:
John R. "Moose" Gravle, towpilot extraordinaire, died peacefully on
Friday after a short period of declining health. Towpilot,
raconteur, curmudgeon, and good friend, he will be missed by pilots
throughout Region 2. At last count, he had well over 35,000 tows in
his logbook, and countless glider pilots got their start behind
him.

http://www.poconorecord.com/apps/pbc...20100313/NEWS0...

Erik Mann
LS8-18 P3