Cessna Citation N238JP Runway Incursion at KUDD

Old January 1st 18, 01:04 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Cessna Citation N238JP Runway Incursion at KUDD

A snotty Citation driver tries to blame me for HIS runway incursion during my takeoff. Unfortunately, I turned on the cam just after making my call and crossing the runway hold line to take the active (you can see my fingers on the cam in the opening frames). He claims that I never made a call, but later admits that he didn't hear my call--which is entirely different. The Phenom Jet who landed just before our departure (visible eastbound on the taxiway at 00:43) heard and acknowledged one of my three calls, so I don't know why the Citation couldn't hear me. Note how quick the Citation driver is to publicly assign blame to me. He then calls the FBO like a butt-hurt girl to wrongly report me.

I'd normally just let this whole thing slide, but this guy was such a jerk and clearly wants to make a big deal of it, so I decided to post it to YouTube. His boss will be getting a detailed email detailing his dangerous attitude and a YouTube link as soon as I trace the N number.

https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=Yw--2gDjaV0
Old January 1st 18, 01:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Nadler

On Sunday, December 31, 2017 at 8:04:32 PM UTC-5, wrote:
A snotty ...
https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=Yw--2gDjaV0

Bad link...
Old January 1st 18, 01:09 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Sunday, December 31, 2017 at 5:07:36 PM UTC-8, Dave Nadler wrote:
On Sunday, December 31, 2017 at 8:04:32 PM UTC-5, wrote:
A snotty ...
https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=Yw--2gDjaV0

Bad link...

Sorry bout that....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yw--2gDjaV0
Old January 1st 18, 01:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tom Kelley #711

On Sunday, December 31, 2017 at 6:09:30 PM UTC-7, wrote:
On Sunday, December 31, 2017 at 5:07:36 PM UTC-8, Dave Nadler wrote:
On Sunday, December 31, 2017 at 8:04:32 PM UTC-5, wrote:
A snotty ...
https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=Yw--2gDjaV0

Bad link...

Sorry bout that....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yw--2gDjaV0

That's OK, I enjoyed watching me again. Best for the New Year!

Best. Tom #711.
Old January 1st 18, 01:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tom Kelley #711

On Sunday, December 31, 2017 at 6:07:36 PM UTC-7, Dave Nadler wrote:
On Sunday, December 31, 2017 at 8:04:32 PM UTC-5, wrote:
A snotty ...
https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=Yw--2gDjaV0

Bad link...

No, no, no....it's a great link!
Old January 1st 18, 07:21 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank Whiteley

On Sunday, December 31, 2017 at 6:04:32 PM UTC-7, wrote:
[...]

File an ASRS. Ask the airport manager for frequency recordings.
Old January 1st 18, 01:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Could it be that your radio was not transmitting at the moment?

Could it be that the Citation’s radio was not receiving at the moment?

Could it be that radios sometimes malfunction?

Why would you not abort the takeoff when you hear on the radio that a citation jet is departing opposite direction on the same runway???

0:28 into the video Citation announces departing

You continue to takeoff and at 0:33 you are airborne.

Be careful, the FAA might revoke your license after watching this video. Your action to continue the takeoff would be considered careless and wreckless. Nor did you try to turn away from the runway, you tracked the centerline directly towards the Citation.

I would not go after that pilots career. Instead I would delete your video to protect your license.

Old January 1st 18, 03:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Frank's suggestion is good, file an ASRS and try to get any recordings from the airport. N238JP may likely have a cockpit recorder.

Did N238JP taxi onto the runway or simply make a call?
Looks like in the video he is still on the taxiway.

Did you see the TWO powered aircraft at the other end of the runway?
If you saw them, why did YOU decide to use RWY10 when two other pilots were planning to use RWY28?

If the FAA interviews the Unicom operator and the pilot of N8217G in position behind N238JP, will they say they heard your call or support N238JP?

The Citation pilot did not sound "snotty" to me, but rather reacted as many pilots might react. Since N238JP was on IFR flight plan, he may well have been getting an IFR release from ATC when you made your call.

As you indicate, you were working your camera prior to takeoff, so you have no evidence of making the call. Working your camera between making your call and the takeoff does not look good for your side, nor do the conversations with your passenger. Both items indicate a lack of a sterile cockpit.

Which runway did N441CC use 15 minutes before and N7999K use 15 minutes later?
Taking off opposite direction to other traffic and having a lack of respect for other aircraft and pilots, can give those of us in the soaring community a bad reputation.
Old January 1st 18, 03:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Well P2, I have had my encounters with idiot and arrogant twin and jet jockeys. But, getting the feds involved can become a really Really bad bag of worms. As much as you feel justified making a report, there are ambiguities on the video as others have noted that open you up to problems. I would be carefull here. I have dealt with incidents like this directly when I could get right in the face of the offending idiot and speak my piece. But when not able to do that, I have chosen to just lay low and move on.
Dan
Old January 1st 18, 06:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Roy B.

The decision to "go public" with these sorts of disputes rarely ends well for anybody. It's a shame that the airport manager didn't just sit everybody down for coffee and a teaching moment . . .
ROY