iGlide

Old March 25th 16, 12:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Casey[_2_]

Default iGlide

On Thursday, March 24, 2016 at 8:32:31 PM UTC-4, Dan Marotta wrote:
snip

It runs on an iPad as well.

Hmmmmmmm....* That's almost enough to entice me to sip from the
Apple kool-aide.

--

Dan, 5J

Don't do it Dan, It will change your life and make navigating, updates, and life too easy.
Old March 25th 16, 12:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Casey[_2_]

On Thursday, March 24, 2016 at 8:32:31 PM UTC-4, Dan Marotta wrote:
snip

It runs on an iPad as well.

Hmmmmmmm....* That's almost enough to entice me to sip from the
Apple kool-aide.

--

Dan, 5J

Don't do it Dan, It will change your life and make navigating, updates, and life too easy.

Also the Ram X-Grip mounts are great.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/v9gs2n1900...00466.JPG?dl=0
Old March 25th 16, 05:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default My New Stemme

New to me, but only 80 hours on the airframe when I bought it. I now
have it registered and licensed and waiting to hear from US Customs if
there's some kind of inspection I need to have done since I had it
brought in from Mexico. I have a one-day window (Sunday) due to the
high spring time winds in New Mexico, to bring it home.

On 3/24/2016 9:06 PM, son_of_flubber wrote:
On Thursday, March 24, 2016 at 10:57:58 AM UTC-4, Dan Marotta wrote:
... I just flew my new Stemme from Laredo, TX to
Payson, AZ

Hey Guys! He has a new Stemme! (Congrats Dan. I hope you have lots of fun in it.)

--
Dan, 5J

Old March 25th 16, 05:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

But... Android is (dare I say it)... FREE...

Yeah, I know... I now own a Stemme. But now I /_really need_/ some
free stuff.

Old March 25th 16, 06:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jonathan St. Cloud

Since we are drifting: ...And you get what you pay for! I had an android phone and twice while I was using that ecosystem, I had downloaded an app that interfered with other apps and crashed the entire phone. Had to wipe it clean and start over. Apple has to vet all apps before they are approved for store. Plus FULL backups are stored on computer, complete with all you txt messages, calls in and out... Not wanting to start a flame war of android vs apple iOS, but just sharing something that I would want to know as a consumer.

Old March 26th 16, 12:53 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Not flaming, just speaking my mind.

I've got plenty of time to rebuild my phone and, should I choose, I can
grant it root privileges and do things that can't be done with an Apple,
as far as I know. I can back up everything on my laptop and online, but
I don't want my private stuff online and available to hackers. And, to
be fair, I think Apple hardware quality is top notch and their displays
are much crisper than Android. But, for me, free is always better, and
I can load applications from sources other than the "Store". Yes, it's
a risk, but I've found a lot of stuff that I don't think you can get for
Apple products.

Old March 26th 16, 03:54 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Loye Hilton[_2_]

At 00:53 26 March 2016, Dan Marotta wrote:
[...]

Dan... Who cares, fly the plane and have fun

Old March 26th 16, 05:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Great advice, Loye.

Today I stuck on my call sign, 5J, and I plan to fly her home to
Moriarty on Sunday. :-D

Old March 28th 16, 09:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

wrote:

[...]

Hey Dan

What is your new N number and did you make it home Sunday, if so how was the flight. Sorry you didn't make it to Tucson

Bruce
Old March 28th 16, 11:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Hi Bruce,

The Number is N995J and the call sign is, of course, 5J.

I only had a one-day window (Easter Sunday) where the winds were low
enough for this low-time Stemme pilot to feel comfortable with. It was
a great flight home, though I only shutdown the engine when I was about
20 miles out. Too much unlandable terrain under me for the hour and 50
minutes it took to cover 268 NM.

And, since this thread is about soaring software, my Dell Streak 5
running XCSoar performed flawlessly and kept me apprised of landable
airports within glide range for the whole flight.

Dan

snip

iGlide Ben S Soaring 31 February 16th 20 04:14 AM
Iglide chris johnson Soaring 2 August 1st 15 03:22 PM
iPhone 6 Plus and iGlide jfitch Soaring 39 May 20th 15 01:07 AM
iGlide Mike Rinaldi Soaring 4 April 28th 15 12:48 AM
iglide [email protected] Soaring 1 June 2nd 13 05:07 PM