NASM Udvar-Hazy Center

Old January 8th 04, 04:35 AM
Geoffrey Barnes

Anyone know if it's accessible by GA aircraft?

yes, it's at Washington Dulles International Airport.

That don't mean that you can taxi to the museum, though! Read the whole
thread!

Old January 8th 04, 04:41 PM
Ron Natalie

"Marc" wrote in message news:L15Lb.773564$Tr4.2228381@attbi_s03...

yes, it's at Washington Dulles International Airport.

The FBO's are two an a half miles from the museum (probably
closer to four if you measure the distance you'd have to drive).

The Smithsonian has designated their taxiway as "towed aircraft
only" access.
Old January 8th 04, 05:58 PM
Jim Weir

Does that mean we can stop the engine and pull the sucker over to the museum
parking lot? {;-)

Jim

"Ron Natalie"

http://www.rst-engr.com
Old January 8th 04, 07:24 PM
Ron Natalie

"Jim Weir" wrote in message ...

Does that mean we can stop the engine and pull the sucker over to the museum
parking lot? {;-)

I'll ask Margy. It's not that far from the end of the Movement area to museum.

Old January 8th 04, 09:49 PM
G.R. Patterson III

Jim Weir wrote:

Does that mean we can stop the engine and pull the sucker over to the museum
parking lot? {;-)

If you want to pull that plane two and a half miles to the museum, they'd probably
let you park there!

George Patterson
Great discoveries are not announced with "Eureka!". What's usually said is
"Hummmmm... That's interesting...."
Old January 23rd 04, 08:07 PM
Jake Brodsky

On Tue, 06 Jan 2004 20:44:27 GMT, "Jay Honeck"
wrote:

Does anyone else find it appallingly ironic that many (most?) of the big
aviation museums are not accessible by aircraft?

Yes --doubly so because this place is located adjacent to an airport.

I think the Smithsonian could have a wonderful annual event if they'd
merely sponsor a fly-in of some sort. Of course, we private aviators
are so politically incorrect these days, that maybe they think we
should all just walk around the museum and forget how so many of the
gee whiz aircraft of yesteryear came to be...

Jake Brodsky,
PP ASEL IA, Cessna Cardinal N30946, Based @ FME
Amateur Radio Station AB3A
Old January 23rd 04, 08:18 PM
G.R. Patterson III

Jake Brodsky wrote:

I think the Smithsonian could have a wonderful annual event if they'd
merely sponsor a fly-in of some sort.

According to AOPA, they're planning to allow four flyin days a year.

Old January 23rd 04, 10:02 PM
Ron Natalie

"Jake Brodsky" wrote in message ...

Yes --doubly so because this place is located adjacent to an airport.

It's on adjacent to the airport, it is ON the airport. When Margy calls me
from work it shows up in the caller ID as the airport.