argh -- flight plan routes

Old April 4th 05, 12:46 AM
John R. Copeland

Mine is activated by the squat switch on the left gear leg.

"jsmith" wrote in message =
news
Not necessarily.
Correctly, it is an oil pressure switch. When oil pressure exceeds a=20
preset value, the switch closes a contact, permitting current to flow.
On some installations, the Hobbs is wired directly to the DC buss =

which=20
is energized when the Master is turned on.
My experience is that High Performance aircraft use the oil pressure=20
switch and fixed pitch, under 200 hp aircraft use the Master switch.
=20
wrote:
Hobbs meters are driven by oil pressure.

Old April 4th 05, 02:18 AM
Jose

[My hobbs meter] is activated by the squat switch on the left gear leg.

Cool. You don't have to pay for taxi time.

Jose
--
Get high on gasoline: fly an airplane.
Old April 4th 05, 02:24 AM
John R. Copeland

"Jose" wrote in message =
m...
[My hobbs meter] is activated by the squat switch on the left gear =

leg.
=20
Cool. You don't have to pay for taxi time.
=20
Jose

I pay for *everything* about my airplane.
But yes, you got the idea right, Jose.
Taxi time doesn't add to airframe, engine, or propeller hours.

Old April 4th 05, 04:34 AM
Andrew Sarangan

Does ATC really care about details of the route as long as you end up at
one of the fixes used for the STAR arrivals? I've always had good luck
filing a direct route to the STAR fix. For instance, to the Detroit
satellite airports, I would file direct to CRUXX and then to the
destination. I do the same thing for Chicago-Midway: direct to CGT and
then to MDW. As long as my route does not go through any other airspace
or MOA, I get cleared as filed. Same for Cleveland area airports: direct
to KEATN and then to the destination airport. I've not had many
instances where this technique has failed.

Roy Smith wrote in
:

"Peter R." wrote:

Roy Smith wrote:

Look up the routes in the back of the AFD.

In the Northeast US, filing the preferred route does not always
guarantee a cleared as filed

No, it doesn't. The published routes are a good guess, though. The
worst that happens if you file the "wrong" route and you get a full
route clearance.