Best Aviation Magazines?

Old December 9th 06, 01:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck

Default Best Aviation Magazines?

I've got my opinions (and we subscribe to a bunch of them) -- but I'm
curious what the group-think is on this question:

What's your top 5 favorite aviation mags?
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old December 9th 06, 01:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Matt Whiting

Jay Honeck wrote:

I've got my opinions (and we subscribe to a bunch of them) -- but I'm
curious what the group-think is on this question:

What's your top 5 favorite aviation mags?

Private Pilot
AOPA Pilot
Kitplanes

I only subscribe to these three currently.

I just resubscribed to Flying as I bought a copy in the airport
bookstore and couldn't resist the card offer of 3 years for $18! If
they want to give it away, I'll take it! Flying was my favorite for
many years, but I thought it went downhill in the mid-90s and I dropped
my subscription then.

I also get this freebie magazine whose exact name I can't remember
(something with Aviator in the name, I believe) that is mostly about
travel destinations. It is an OK magazine, but mostly highlights placed
I can't afford to visit (resorts, etc.). I got a "sample" copy a couple
of three years ago with a subscription offer. I never subscribed, but
it keeps on coming.

Matt
Old December 9th 06, 01:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bob Noel

In article m,
"Jay Honeck" wrote:

I've got my opinions (and we subscribe to a bunch of them) -- but I'm
curious what the group-think is on this question:

What's your top 5 favorite aviation mags?

Light Plane Maintenance.

Note that I don't list AOPA's mag even though I'm a member.
I don't have much interest in high-end GA or $30,000 panels.

--
Bob Noel
Looking for a sig the

Old December 9th 06, 02:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Peter R.

Jay Honeck wrote:

What's your top 5 favorite aviation mags?

1. IFR
2. IFR Refresher
3. Aviation Safety
4. Aviation Consumer
5. NTSB Reporter

--
Peter
Old December 9th 06, 02:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Andrew Sarangan

I only regularly read the IFR magazine. I subscribe to the AOPA and EAA
magazines, but I don't always get around to reading them.

Old December 9th 06, 03:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jose[_1_]

What's your top 5 favorite aviation mags?

Five?? I barely read the daily paper. Who has time to read magazines
when there are real airplanes to fly, and USENET to post to?

I get AOPA pilot, since I'm an AOPA member. Sometimes I read a few
articles (mostly they pile up so I can read them "later"). I also visit
avweb.com when I remember.

Jose
--
"There are 3 secrets to the perfect landing. Unfortunately, nobody knows
what they are." - (mike).
Old December 9th 06, 04:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Macklin

The pocket sized AIR FACTS
EAA SPORT AVIATION
AOPA PILOT
B&CA
Air Facts is no longer available.

s.com...

Old December 9th 06, 05:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
karl gruber[_1_]

Trade-A- Plane
"GA" News (but the trainer at my club accused me of being gay)
Professional Pilot

Karl
"Curator" N185KG

s.com...

Old December 9th 06, 05:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Blanche

Smithsonian Air & Space
Forbes - necessary to understand what's going on in the economy and
what Boeing, LockMart, Airbus, etc. are doing.
NTSB website
Punch

Old December 9th 06, 06:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
AJ

Jay --

Are these choices going to be available at the Inn? (An excellent
idea, actually -- stocking the library with material you know will be
read!)

AJ Harris