E6-B for Palm OS?

Old August 13th 08, 02:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Sandman

Default E6-B for Palm OS?

I have seen several E6-B calculator utilities for the Palm operating
system, and I was wondering if any of you could recommend (or not
recommend) any of them, I'm looking to score one soon (and any program
that had any features specific for helicopter would be a bonus).

Thanks in advance -

- B
Old August 13th 08, 09:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mike Gilmour[_2_]

"Sandman" wrote in message

I have seen several E6-B calculator utilities for the Palm operating
system, and I was wondering if any of you could recommend (or not
recommend) any of them, I'm looking to score one soon (and any program
that had any features specific for helicopter would be a bonus).

Thanks in advance -

- B

- B

Try http://www.skywritersoft.com/

'FlyBy E6B' appears quite comprehensive though has no specific helicopter
features that I'm aware of.
It operates well on my Treo however I don't use many of the operations at
this time because I'm just learning to fly (10 hrs).

Mike

Old August 14th 08, 03:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Sandman

On Aug 13, 4:19*pm, "Mike Gilmour" wrote:

Try *http://www.skywritersoft.com/

Hey, thanks - Incidentally, there really wouldn't be much helicopter
specific anywhere, and honestly I wasn't expecting to find anything -
I just asked in case all else was equal, I'd grab that one (I thought
maybe there'd be weight & balance calculators for common helicopters
or something) - I have a Treo also -

Good luck training -

Old August 14th 08, 03:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
ET

Sandman wrote in news:0fbd27e2-f6f5-4523-ab57-
:

On Aug 13, 4:19*pm, "Mike Gilmour" wrote:

Try *
http://www.skywritersoft.com/

Hey, thanks - Incidentally, there really wouldn't be much helicopter
specific anywhere, and honestly I wasn't expecting to find anything -
I just asked in case all else was equal, I'd grab that one (I thought
maybe there'd be weight & balance calculators for common helicopters
or something) - I have a Treo also -

Good luck training -

While you are getting apps for your palm Treo,

checkout Flightmaster, (just do a google)

for a bit over $100 it does almost as much as a garmin 396 (ok, no weather)

I run mine with a bluetooth pharos bluetooth GPS.

-not affiliated, blah blah...

--
-- ET :-)

"A common mistake people make when trying to design something
fools."---- Douglas Adams
Old August 16th 08, 10:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

On Aug 14, 10:40*am, ET wrote:

While you are getting apps for your palm Treo,

checkout Flightmaster, (just do a google)

for a bit over $100 it does almost as much as a garmin 396 (ok, no weather)

I run mine with a bluetooth pharos bluetooth GPS.

-not affiliated, blah blah...

Great suggestion, thanks - any other useful Palm OS applications,
while we're at it?

Old August 17th 08, 12:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Lou

Have you tried handango.com?

Old August 17th 08, 10:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mike Gilmour[_2_]

"ET" wrote in message
Sandman wrote in news:0fbd27e2-f6f5-4523-ab57-
:

On Aug 13, 4:19 pm, "Mike Gilmour" wrote:

Try
http://www.skywritersoft.com/

Hey, thanks - Incidentally, there really wouldn't be much helicopter
specific anywhere, and honestly I wasn't expecting to find anything -
I just asked in case all else was equal, I'd grab that one (I thought
maybe there'd be weight & balance calculators for common helicopters
or something) - I have a Treo also -

Good luck training -

While you are getting apps for your palm Treo,

checkout Flightmaster, (just do a google)

for a bit over $100 it does almost as much as a garmin 396 (ok, no
weather)

I run mine with a bluetooth pharos bluetooth GPS.

-not affiliated, blah blah...

--
-- ET :-)

"A common mistake people make when trying to design something
fools."---- Douglas Adams

Thanks ET,
Now using the trial Flightmaster with Holux M-1000 GPS, it works well on my
Treo 680.

Mike

Old August 18th 08, 01:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dave S

Sandman wrote:
I have seen several E6-B calculator utilities for the Palm operating
system, and I was wondering if any of you could recommend (or not
recommend) any of them, I'm looking to score one soon (and any program
that had any features specific for helicopter would be a bonus).

Thanks in advance -

- B

I used to have one on my palm.. when I had a palm.. no idea what brand.
It worked acceptably. I also had the AFD in my palm too.. and all the
local AFSS numbers when there was a bunch of em.. incase I wanted a
LOCAL briefing.. while away from home.

Palm.net is Shutting Down Judah Piloting 1 August 5th 04 07:25 PM
How to charge a Palm in C-172? Marc Piloting 4 June 28th 04 05:49 PM
Homebrew Palm OS E6-B John Bell Piloting 6 June 26th 04 05:59 PM
Nexrad for Palm PaulH Owning 3 May 15th 04 06:25 PM
FS: PALM ® M105 $40 Jaysen Underhill Piloting 0 December 11th 03 09:39 PM