Rocks Thrown at Border Patrol Chopper

Old August 26th 05, 03:31 AM

Default Rocks Thrown at Border Patrol Chopper

Rocks Thrown at Border Patrol Chopper
Aug 25 3:31 PM US/Eastern

YUMA, Ariz.

Illegal immigrants threw rocks at a Border Patrol helicopter,
forcing the pilot to make an emergency landing when one of the rocks
damaged the rotor, the agency said.

Neither the pilot nor the Border Patrol observer was injured.

The A-Star helicopter was two miles west of the U.S. Port of
Entry in Andrade, Calif., on Tuesday when a group of immigrants
began throwing rocks at the aircraft.

One baseball-sized rock gashed the rotor, forcing the pilot to
land nearby, said Michael Gramley, spokesman for the Border
Patrol sector based in Yuma, Ariz.

Gramley said he did not know how high the helicopter was
hovering when it was struck, but he said it was being repaired
and is expected back in service soon.

After the incident, 17 people were apprehended for illegally
crossing the border, and two of them were being investigated for
smuggling. Ten immigrants evaded capture.

The investigation into the rock-throwing was continuing.

Perhaps we should arm the copter with machine guns and fire back?

KM
Old August 26th 05, 03:56 AM
Jay Honeck

Perhaps we should arm the copter with machine guns and fire back?

No, that would be barbaric.

However, I am continually amazed at the vociferous opposition to actually
controlling our borders. For some reason the ACLU and a host of other
do-gooder organizations find it anathema for America to actually restrict
immigration to legal immigrants only -- a fact that baffles me.

We are friends with a family from Columbia. They came to America the hard
way -- legally -- and have struggled over the last decade with obtaining
green cards for their family members, and with becoming American citizens.
It has been a tough row to hoe, and they are rightfully proud of their
efforts and status.

They are also the most vocally anti-Mexican group of people I have EVER
known. Their attitude toward illegal immigrants borders on Fascist -- they
simply despise them for cheating and taking the easy way -- at what they see
as their expense -- and I am sure they would advocate following this
poster's (I hope) tongue-in-cheek suggestion to arm the border patrol
helicopters with machine guns.

But what is so wrong with stopping illegal immigration? Why is it okay to
fly helicopters up and down the Rio Grande 24/7 -- at huge expense -- but
building a fence is seen as some sort of "Berlin Wall"-type of deal?
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old August 26th 05, 03:57 AM
Jay Beckman

Exactly my thought:

Just shoot back...

Jay B

Old August 26th 05, 04:12 AM
W P Dixon

Interesting,
The USMC has some very nicely equipped Whiskey Cobras they could send up
with the border patrol, and OH they are stationed right there at MCAS YUMA!

I know where you are coming from Jay, my 1st wife was of hispanic
descent, father Nuevo Laredo, mexico and Mom from Bogota Columbia....and
they did not like the wide open borders either. Though my father in law had
a very good paying job he said the illegals kept the pay down for Mexicans
that were here legally.
They are really good folks and I think very highly of them. Great family
that loved a reason for a fiesta!!!!!

Patrick
student SPL
aircraft structural mech

newsxvPe.282087$_o.58618@attbi_s71...

Old August 26th 05, 04:46 AM
Dave Stadt

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
[...]

Very simple.....votes. Upset the Latino community and its all over.

--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old August 26th 05, 04:55 AM
Aluckyguess

"W P Dixon" wrote in message
Interesting,
The USMC has some very nicely equipped Whiskey Cobras they could send up
with the border patrol, and OH they are stationed right there at MCAS
YUMA!

I know where you are coming from Jay, my 1st wife was of hispanic
descent, father Nuevo Laredo, mexico and Mom from Bogota Columbia....and
they did not like the wide open borders either. Though my father in law
had a very good paying job he said the illegals kept the pay down for
Mexicans that were here legally.

I never thought about that but he was right.
I think the reason they let them in is they are funding our social security
system with phony ID's. They pay in but will never collect.

Old August 26th 05, 05:01 AM
Aluckyguess

All they have to do is go down to our local Home Depot and they could pick
up 200 of them on any day of the week. Now if they pull a truck over with
10-15 it makes the news. I just dont get it.
I do think there is going to be some sort of crack down. There is a lot of
talk on the radio these days.

Old August 26th 05, 05:18 AM
George Patterson

Aluckyguess wrote:

I think the reason they let them in is they are funding our social security
system with phony ID's. They pay in but will never collect.

The illegals around here don't pay into the Social Security system. They don't
have those types of jobs.

George Patterson
Old August 26th 05, 05:22 AM
George Patterson

Aluckyguess wrote:
All they have to do is go down to our local Home Depot and they could pick
up 200 of them on any day of the week.

They could get quite a few at the train station in Red Bank, NJ.

George Patterson
Old August 26th 05, 05:24 AM
Frankie

Very simple.....votes. Upset the Latino community and its all over.

Illegals can't vote.

Only US citizens can.

If the (legal) Latino community gets upset at the suggestion of tougher
border control, they are insulting their own people by implying all, or
most, Latinos are criminals.

Doh!

Frankie