Ping: [email protected]

Old August 1st 03, 05:19 AM
Gordon

Purely alliteration: "Republic Rainbow." I guess 'ThunderSnap' or
'Thunderflick' didn't make the cut.

Republic went from a generation of "thunder"-craft to a 'Rainbow'. Very odd...

It was a photo recce bird that
could outrun prop fighters, or at least go fast enough to avoid
interception.

I think it used it's beauty to avoid destruction by enemy fighters. Who'd
shoot at such a vision?

After the war it was evaluated as a high-speed airliner
by alas, too few seats,

- known as the Dornier 17 Syndrome. "Its a passenger aircraft, as long as you
don't mind riding in these shackles..."

One of them is
sitting on the bottom of the ocean south of Eglin AFB.

Tragic. Do you know the particulars of its ditching?

what are you and your family doing in the
oven of the USA?

We just finished three years in Austin and returned to San Diego - where its
about 30 degrees cooler than any part of Texas! (I just wish the schools were
better, otherwise, I'd have no complaints about livin' in paradise.)

At least my brother (ex-swabbie!) after leaving
Corona del Mar this April resettled in Colorado!!

My sis, retired zoomie officer, is someplace in Los Angeles. No accounting for
taste.

v/r
Gordon
=============insert Dave's list=====
Advice given to RAF pilots during W.W.II. When a prang (crash) seems
inevitable, endeavor to strike the softest, cheapest object in the vicinity
as slowly and gently as possible.

The Piper Cub is the safest airplane in the world; it can just barely kill
you. (Attributed to Max Stanley, Northrop test pilot)

A pilot who doesn't have any fear probably isn't flying his plane to its
maximum. (Jon McBride, astronaut)

If you're faced with a forced landing, fly the thing as far into the crash
as possible. (Bob Hoover -renowned aerobatic and test pilot)

If an airplane is still in one piece, don't cheat on it; ride the *******
down. (Ernest K. Gann, author & aviator)

Though I Fly Through the Valley of Death I Shall Fear No Evil For I am at
80,000 Feet and Climbing.(sign over the entrance to the SR-71 operating
location Kadena, Japan).

You've never been lost until you've been lost at Mach 3. (Paul F.
Crickmore - test pilot)

Never fly in the same cockpit with someone braver than you.

There is no reason to fly through a thunderstorm in peacetime. (Sign over
squadron ops desk at Davis-Monthan AFB, AZ, 1970.)

The three best things in life are a good landing, a good orgasm, and a
good bowel movement. The night carrier landing is one of the few
opportunities in life where you get to experience all three at the same
time. (Author unknown, but someone who's been there)

"Now I know what a dog feels like watching TV." (A DC-9 captain trainee
attempting to check out on the 'glass cockpit'of an A-320.)

If something hasn't broken on your helicopter, it's about to.

Old August 1st 03, 05:24 AM
Gordon

"Propender"

Did your new neighbours help you with that one ?

If you are found strangled by a feather boa, we'll all know why.

snip
Sounds like things are returning to normal, except it's a different
normal than before.

Objects in the mirror may be weirder than they appear.

Hey Gordon, big day today, if you know what I mean......

Biz wise, or were you blessed by the wifey...?

One is curiously followed by the other .....

Nothing improves sex with the wife quite like muttering those three magic
little words,

"Honey, we're RICH."

yf
Gordon
====(A+C====
USN SAR Aircrew

"Got anything on your radar, SENSO?"
"Nothing but my forehead, sir."
Old August 1st 03, 05:35 AM
Dave Kearton

"Gordon" wrote in message

| "Propender"
|
| Did your new neighbours help you with that one ?
|

| If you are found strangled by a feather boa, we'll all know why.
|
| snip

Was that the beginnings of a lisp there Gordon ?

| Sounds like things are returning to normal, except it's a different
| normal than before.
|
| Objects in the mirror may be weirder than they appear.

Speaking of same, I'll post your pics of you and Kate.

| Nothing improves sex with the wife quite like muttering those three magic
| little words,
|
| "Honey, we're RICH."
|
| yf
| Gordon

So true, but it's a cruel trick to play, and if she can fake it, so
can I.

Cheers

Dave Kearton

Old August 1st 03, 10:35 AM
Dave Kearton

"Gordon" wrote in message
| | If you are found strangled by a feather boa, we'll all know why.
| |
| | snip
|

| Was that the beginnings of a lisp there Gordon ?
|
| no, but I'll go gargle with Patron, just in case.

I have no idea what that is, but I'll assume that it's at least 20 W40

| Speaking of same, I'll post your pics of you and Kate.
|
| It has been an interesting summer, hasn't it?
|
| yfG

Back to lion taming next year ?

Cheers

Dave Kearton

Old August 1st 03, 06:45 PM
Gordon

| no, but I'll go gargle with Patron, just in case.

I have no idea what that is, but I'll assume that it's at least 20 W40

Tequila, mate. Best in the world. Won't save your soul but it'll shine your
shoes.

| Speaking of same, I'll post your pics of you and Kate.
|
| It has been an interesting summer, hasn't it?

Back to lion taming next year ?

Worse. Raising Jenna without a net.

Still waiting for the USS Midway to arrive so I can get an office and get back
to work! Note of advice to all -- never retire when there are still kids at
home.

off to see what trouble we can get into - later, friend.

yfGordon

PING...Wizard of Draws john smith Instrument Flight Rules 1 September 11th 04 02:33 AM
Ping Nesbitt Tarver Engineering Home Built 5 January 25th 04 01:32 PM
PING GONZO tom c Home Built 0 September 23rd 03 04:51 AM
PING: Gordon - Cracks on the Kaman Seasprite Yeff Military Aviation 1 July 20th 03 05:57 PM