Russia plans to airdrop armored vehicles -- with crews inside

Old August 10th 17, 04:41 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Byker

Default Russia plans to airdrop armored vehicles -- with crews inside

If nothing else, it's a good way to send seven soldiers plummeting to their
deaths, like these unmanned Humvees:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjF8ju7YeLI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xd94Rfi_gng
Russia Developing Parachute System To Airdrop Armored Vehicle With Personnel
Inside

The Russian Airborne Force will get a new parachute system in 2018, the
Bakhcha-UPDS multi-cupola, which can air-drop a BMD-4M infantry fighting
vehicle with a seven-member crew inside it.

"This year, the state trials of the Bakhcha-UPDS new parachute system
designed to air-drop BMD-4M vehicles and other hardware from military
transport planes are coming to a close. These trials are proceeding
successfully,” Russian Army’s Airborne Force Commander Colonel-General
Andrei Serdyukov told TASS on Monday.

“We are planning to finish this work by the end of the year and somewhere at
the beginning of next year this system will become operational and will be
primarily arriving in a planned manner for our parachute infantry and
high-alert units," the commander was quoted as saying.

“The BMD-4M is made to be air-droppable and in this vehicle we can parachute
seven people," the commander said adding that special equipment has been
installed inside it including special seats for the personnel.

"Immediately after landing, this fighting vehicle with paratroopers inside
can accomplish assigned missions, including combat and special assignments.
Its ability to quickly leave the parachuting area after landing considerably
increases its survivability," the Airborne Force commander was quoted as
saying.

The BMD-4M is equipped with an automated fire control system and a new
navigation system. Its advanced targeting equipment facilitates aiming at
moving targets while the vehicle itself is moving at high speeds across
rough terrain.

http://www.defenseworld.net/news/201...e#.WYvTPVGGOUk

Pic: "Rigorous testing of the new Bakhcha-U parachute system, the modernized
airborne infantry fighting vehicle (IFV) has seen it dropped from an Il-76
strategic airlifter 11 times since November 2015. This, incidentally, is
also the number of main parachutes the Bakhcha-U system has: 11 giant domes
each 350 sq m; the size of a large house. The technology used in these huge
parachutes makes it possible to reduce the load on the crew in the vehicle
during landing. Once the IFV has landed, the parachutes automatically
detach, and the vehicle is immediately ready for battle."
https://in.rbth.com/economics/defenc...th-crew_571607

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	parachute_1501572120.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	112.1 KB
ID:	94346
Old August 10th 17, 03:31 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
john szalay

"Byker" wrote in
:

If nothing else, it's a good way to send seven soldiers plummeting to
their deaths, like these unmanned Humvees:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjF8ju7YeLI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xd94Rfi_gng
----------- Russia Developing Parachute System To Airdrop Armored
Vehicle With Personnel Inside

Not ME !, in my days in the airborne, I,ve seen what happens when Murphy
has his way, Twice.. once with a 3/4 ton and once with a M-151.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	3-4 ton truck.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	84.3 KB
ID:	94370
Old August 10th 17, 03:51 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Miloch

In article , john Szalay
says...

"Byker" wrote in
:

If nothing else, it's a good way to send seven soldiers plummeting to
their deaths, like these unmanned Humvees:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjF8ju7YeLI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xd94Rfi_gng
----------- Russia Developing Parachute System To Airdrop Armored
Vehicle With Personnel Inside

Not ME !, in my days in the airborne, I,ve seen what happens when Murphy
has his way, Twice.. once with a 3/4 ton and once with a M-151.

In America, you smash vehicles by parachute drop...in Russia...parachute drop
does you!

*

Old August 10th 17, 06:40 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
john szalay

Miloch wrote in
news
In article , john
Szalay says...

"Byker" wrote in
:

If nothing else, it's a good way to send seven soldiers plummeting
to their deaths, like these unmanned Humvees:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjF8ju7YeLI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xd94Rfi_gng
-- ----------- Russia Developing Parachute System To Airdrop Armored
Vehicle With Personnel Inside

Not ME !, in my days in the airborne, I,ve seen what happens when
Murphy
has his way, Twice.. once with a 3/4 ton and once with a M-151.

In America, you smash vehicles by parachute drop...in
Russia...parachute drop does you!

;-)

Old August 11th 17, 06:26 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Bob (not my real pseudonym)[_2_]

On Thu, 10 Aug 2017 09:31:20 -0500, john Szalay john.szalayatatt.net
wrote:

"Byker" wrote in
:

If nothing else, it's a good way to send seven soldiers plummeting to
their deaths, like these unmanned Humvees:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjF8ju7YeLI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xd94Rfi_gng
----------- Russia Developing Parachute System To Airdrop Armored
Vehicle With Personnel Inside

Not ME !, in my days in the airborne, I,ve seen what happens when Murphy
has his way, Twice.. once with a 3/4 ton and once with a M-151.

That'll buff out...