Zoomer

Old December 8th 03, 08:52 PM
Randall Robertson

Default Zoomer

I myself at one time throught he was a fighter for homebuilts but in the
last few years i have seen the light...sorry guys i was fooled
check out http://mywebpages.comcast.net/ousterj/

Old December 8th 03, 09:19 PM
Larry Smith

"Randall Robertson" wrote in message
I myself at one time throught he was a fighter for homebuilts but in the
last few years i have seen the light...sorry guys i was fooled
check out http://mywebpages.comcast.net/ousterj/

What I can't understand is how the Zoombie could have gotten jurisdiction in
the state of Florida (or wherever he filed his suit) over all the RAH 15 who
lived everywhere else.

A recent case in which a person alleged she was libeled* in usenet held on
appeal that the plaintiff had no jurisdiction to sue a Minnesota domiciliary
and take judgment against her in Alabama courts. The Minnesota courts
refused to give full faith and credit to the Alabama judgment, and the
Supreme Court of the US denied certiorari to the Alabama plaintiff.

I'm thinking that maybe the judge threw the RAH 15 case out on
jurisdictional grounds.

*The case was Griffis vs. Luban. Griffis claimed that Luban libeled her by
posting in an Egyptology newsgroup that Griffis had gotten her law degree
from a mail-order school which advertises on the backs of matchbooks, when
in reality Griffis had acquired her degree in law from an accredited Alabama
law school.

These two litigants occasionally trade jabs with each other in misc.legal.

Old December 9th 03, 12:14 AM
RobertR237

In article , "Randall Robertson"
writes:

I myself at one time throught he was a fighter for homebuilts but in the
last few years i have seen the light...sorry guys i was fooled
check out http://mywebpages.comcast.net/ousterj/

You are in good company and some so-so company but you are definately are NOT
alone.

Bob Reed

"Ladies and Gentlemen, take my advice,
(M.A.S.H. Sidney Freedman)

Old December 9th 03, 03:01 AM
Ron Wanttaja

On Mon, 8 Dec 2003 16:19:11 -0500, "Larry Smith"
wrote:

"Randall Robertson" wrote in message
I myself at one time throught he was a fighter for homebuilts but in the
last few years i have seen the light...sorry guys i was fooled
check out http://mywebpages.comcast.net/ousterj/

What I can't understand is how the Zoombie could have gotten jurisdiction in
the state of Florida (or wherever he filed his suit) over all the RAH 15 who
lived everywhere else.

[Snip]

I'm thinking that maybe the judge threw the RAH 15 case out on
jurisdictional grounds.

That's true, in Chuck's case. In my case, it never got that far. Tony
could have picked the jurisdictional aspect, but I think the
improper-service aspect was a lot simpler because there was absolutely no
way Campbell could deny it. Florida law defines just *who* is considered
an officer of the court, and out-of-state private investigators do not
qualify unless arrangements are made in advance.

Campbell had Verne Barr and myself served by the same P.I. At the time,
Barr and I lived about 125 miles apart. So the guy had to drive at least
250 miles, charging for both his mileage and his hourly rate in transit
($50/hour? $100/hour). The man probably charged Zoom $500 to have us
served.

Instead, Campbell could have had us *legally* served by using a local
police officer. The county cops have a flat rate for this: $25.

Campbell's lawyer admitted the service was improper, and demanded six
months to re-serve us. This was granted...but he didn't go through with
it. So at the end of six months, Tony filed for dismissal and no objection
was made.

There were a number of flaws in Campbell suit. Mr. Dominguez's motion (he
was the RAH-15's other attorney of record) to have Chuck dismissed pretty
much sums them up:
[I've inserted some explanatory material in brackets, and left off some
"boilerplate" - RJW]

COUNTERDEFENDANT, SLUSARCZYK'S MOTION TO QUASH PROCESS AND SERVICE OF
PROCESS, TO DISMISS FOR LACK OF PERSONAL JURISDICTION,
AND JOINDER IN DEFENSES AND MOTIONS

Counterdefendant Chuck Slusarczk files herewith his Motion to Quash
Process and Service of Process, To Dismiss for lack of Personal
Jurisdiction and Joinder in Defenses and Motions, and states:

2. Specially appearing, Counterdefendant Moves to Quash Process and
Service of Process and to Dismiss for lack of Personal Jurisdiction and
states:

(a) there is no basis for assertion of personal jurisdiction over
Counterdefendant based upon any activity in or nexus with the State of
Florida, and no such grounds are alleged;

(b) process was served upon counterdefendant by "ambush" and
unconscionable means so as to invalidate such service under applicable
Florida caselaw including public policy limitations upon such service of
process. More particularly, Counterdefendant was present solely for
attendance at an aviation convention generating economic activity within
the State of Florida and beneficial to the residents of the State of
Florida and Counterplaintiff has attempted to serve process unrelated to
such convention, using an individual improperly identifying himself as a
member of the Lakeland Police Department, unlawfully and fraudulently
carrying false Press credentials and contrary to the regulations and
directives of the operators of the premises upon which the said activities
took place;

(c) Plaintiff has failed to comply with Secs. 48.193, 48.194, 48.021,
48.27, and 48.21;

(d) There exists a fatal variance between the Process and the complaint or
a material alteration in the Process and Complaint, and a lack of proper
return of service and correct endorsement of service thereon.

[RJW Note: This if far enough back that I don't remember the precise
details, but IIRC, there had been some sort of pen-and-ink change to the
serving papers. They didn't match what was actually filed with the court.]

3. Defenses to be asserted by motion and in which Counterdefendant joins
include, without limitation and without waiver of jurisdictional defenses:

(a) The Counterclaim is a Sham Pleading and contains willfully false
statements of fact, known to be false by counsel and counterplaintiffs,
including intentional and material misstatement and alteration of text,
assertion of matter as a basis for suit which was published solely in court
filings known by counsel to be absolutely privileged here and in federal
Bankruptcy Court and which is the actual content of transcripts of Court
proceedings which Counterplaintiff attempts to suppress, but which
identification is willfully concealed, sanctionably contrary to counsel's
duty and representation of good faith and should be struck as such;

[RJW Note: The "alteration of text" item refers to one quote, ostensibly
by an RAH-15 member, in Campbell's suit that was altered from what was
actually said. Note the Zoom had previously printed the *actual* statement
in his magazine....]

(b) The Counterclaim asserts claims as to which the Counterplaintiffs are
disabled pursuant to Florida law;

(c) Asserts claims on behalf of an entity or business which is neither the
property of the Counterdefendant nor subject to the jurisdiction of this
Court, but instead is within the possession and sole control of the U.S.
Bankruptcy Court for the Middle District of Florida;

[RJW Note: Zoom sued in the name of Airdale Press *after* putting it in
bankruptcy]

(d) Asserts claims which will be determined by the outcome of proceedings
pending therein and which accordingly must be stayed here;

(e) Is filed untimely and without prior leave of court;

(f) Improperly joins parties over whom the court cannot assert
jurisdiction and as to whom there are no supporting factual assertions nor
existing, supportive facts;

(g) Improperly joins Plaintiffs in claims which are not jointly owned or
held;

(h) Intermingles claims for relief in Equity and at Law;

(i) Intermingles multiple claims in single counts, without separation into
separate Counts based upon separate causes of action or theories of
recovery;

(j) Fails to state a proper cause of action as to any claim purportedly so
stated, but so intermingles allegations and purports to incorporate
nonrecord matter of such volume that Counterdefendant is entirely unable to
respond to the factual allegations;

(k) Improperly pleads punitive damages contrary to Florida law and thereby
commits a sanctionable act;

(l) Purports to allege a conspiracy without, however alleging the
foundational allegations thereof nor properly pleading any underlying tort
in support of same, contrary to Florida law;

(m) Improperly attempts "blanket" reallegation of unrelated and
multifarious allegations and purported incorporation of all of the contents
of millions of pages of unrelated text and matter in an attempt to shore up
a completely defective pleading;

(n) Attempts to enforce a trademark without either registration of same as
a prerequisite to enforcement, any allegation of fulfillment of
prerequisites to such enforcement and not as a separate count or claim but
joined in its multifarious pleading;

(o) Attempts to state a claim to prohibit the gathering of truthful and
public record information prospectively and on the speculative basis that
some of same may not be accurate or may be harmful to Counterplaintiff; and

(p) Other inadequacies appearing on the face of same.
---------------------------------------

Campbell's RAH-15 suit is reproduced on the Zoomland page:

Old December 9th 03, 12:28 PM
Larry Smith

wrote:

"Randall Robertson" wrote in message
I myself at one time throught he was a fighter for homebuilts but in

the
last few years i have seen the light...sorry guys i was fooled
check out http://mywebpages.comcast.net/ousterj/

What I can't understand is how the Zoombie could have gotten jurisdiction

in
the state of Florida (or wherever he filed his suit) over all the RAH 15

who
lived everywhere else.

[Snip]

I'm thinking that maybe the judge threw the RAH 15 case out on
jurisdictional grounds.

That's true, in Chuck's case. In my case, it never got that far.

Thanks, Ron. I snipped all the good stuff but will come back and comment
on it later. So I see the Zoomer went in like a piglet and out like a
sassage.

Old December 9th 03, 01:34 PM
ChuckSlusarczyk

In article , Randall Robertson says...

I myself at one time throught he was a fighter for homebuilts but in the
last few years i have seen the light...sorry guys i was fooled
check out http://mywebpages.comcast.net/ousterj/

Don't feel bad your not the only one who thought that, there were plenty of
people like you.Including me. Back in the early 80's I used to think he was a
harmless "kook" something we have an abundance of in aviation :-)Telling
boastful stories of deeds done and planes flown .However when he walked away
everyone would roll their eyes, grin and say "boy what a BS'er that guy is".In
fact it's still that way.

That's why it's important to keep the light on this guy, because he hasn't
changed .He did to me years ago what he recently did to Pulsar .He's still
trying to bully companies who advertise with him. Years ago no one would fight
back because they thought they were alone .I fought back here on the net only to
find that there was a band of brothers and a couple of sisters who all
experienced some of his tactics in one form or another. The most common was
threats of a lawsuit and bad mouthing in his publication.He also filed Police
reports on people and called the employers of others in an effort to get them in
trouble at work. Nothing is too low for him to do and jaun supports it.

So I say to those of you who tire of the on again off again zoom postings to
have a little compassion for those of us who suffered at the hands of this guy.
Because that's exactly what he wants ,he wants everyone to go away and forget
what he's done and collect a new batch of "zoomies" who through no fault of
their own really think he is what he claims to be. Guys like jaun are enablers
allowing zoom to feel justified in what he has done and that's all zoom needs.

Zoom won't come here to a free forum where he has no control of the content and
debate .What he did on the ANN comment page was the same as he did with his
magazine .He asked for comments but if he disagreed with it it would not get
printed ,if it kissed his butt it got front page treatment.

He's a phony ,always was a phony and will always be a phony .

See ya

Chuck S rAH-15/1 ret

"credibility it was always about credibility" chuck s

Old December 9th 03, 04:27 PM
RobertR237

In article , ChuckSlusarczyk
writes:

Zoom won't come here to a free forum where he has no control of the content
and
debate .What he did on the ANN comment page was the same as he did with his
magazine .He asked for comments but if he disagreed with it it would not get
printed ,if it kissed his butt it got front page treatment.

He's a phony ,always was a phony and will always be a phony .

See ya

Not only would your comments not be printed but you would receive some very
nasty and threatening replies that indicated you would be sued if you even
tried to contact them again. It seems that ONLY replies that agreed with him
were even allowed to be sent and anything else was subject to a "Govern
yourself accordingly" reply and sent to his cast of thousands of lawyers.

Old December 9th 03, 05:53 PM
John Ousterhout

On Tue, 09 Dec 2003 03:01:39 GMT, Ron Wanttaja
wrote:

Campbell had Verne Barr and myself served by the same P.I. At the time,
Barr and I lived about 125 miles apart. So the guy had to drive at least
250 miles, charging for both his mileage and his hourly rate in transit
($50/hour? $100/hour). The man probably charged Zoom $500 to have us
served.

Instead, Campbell could have had us *legally* served by using a local
police officer. The county cops have a flat rate for this: $25.

Coincidentally, at the time Zoom was serving the rah-15 I had just
moved. I was never served. But I hope that it cost Zoom plenty
trying to find me.

- John Ousterhout -
Zoomland - Publishing the truth for over five years
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/ousterj/

Old December 10th 03, 02:13 AM
Ron Wanttaja

On Tue, 09 Dec 2003 09:53:53 -0800, John Ousterhout
wrote:

Instead, Campbell could have had us *legally* served by using a local
police officer. The county cops have a flat rate for this: $25.

Coincidentally, at the time Zoom was serving the rah-15 I had just
moved. I was never served. But I hope that it cost Zoom plenty
trying to find me.

As far as I know, there never was any attempt to serve Dan Grunloh, Dave
Hyde, Al Staats, or Charlie Porter. If I remember right, you've never
indicated there'd even been any reports of a process server at your old
address or work location.

More indication that the lawsuit was intended to intimidate rather than
gain redress for legitimate grievances....

Ron Wanttaja