FAA address change

Old September 16th 06, 10:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Matt Whiting

Default FAA address change

You just have to love the FAA. My address recently changed from a rural
route address to a road address to comply with our new county 911
system. I have an official letter saying that my new address is Cross
RD. I entered that into the FAA online address change form and it
changed it to Cross ST and said that it had been changed to be compliant
with USPS standards. It was the USPS that gave me Cross RD!!

Left hand please meet right hand. Well, if they want to call my dirt
road a street, more power to them. I just hope the mail carrier doesn't
get confused as they do use street addresses in town, but roads in the
township...

Matt
Old September 16th 06, 11:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
John[_6_]

Matt Whiting wrote:

You just have to love the FAA. My address recently changed from a rural
route address to a road address to comply with our new county 911
system. I have an official letter saying that my new address is Cross
RD. I entered that into the FAA online address change form and it
changed it to Cross ST and said that it had been changed to be compliant
with USPS standards. It was the USPS that gave me Cross RD!!

Left hand please meet right hand. Well, if they want to call my dirt
road a street, more power to them. I just hope the mail carrier doesn't
get confused as they do use street addresses in town, but roads in the
township...

In most places, Street and Road are used interchangeably by whoever named
the roads so the difference doesn't mean much. It's just important that the
entire name is correct.

If "Cross Road" is brand new, it is possible that the FAA's edition of
their database does not yet have it. You could always try calling them to
override their rules. You may have the same trouble with magazine
subscriptions for a while too. Been there.

Old September 16th 06, 11:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Viperdoc[_3_]

Just wait until they violate you for failing to list a change of address
within 30 days!

Old September 17th 06, 01:10 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Macklin

Use lat/lon, that should be universal.

Old September 17th 06, 01:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
nrp

Viperdoc wrote:
Just wait until they violate you for failing to list a change of address
within 30 days!

My brother moved about 2 miles and filed an FAA change-of-address. It
was confirmed over 5 years later.

Old September 17th 06, 01:38 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Emily[_1_]

nrp wrote:
Viperdoc wrote:
Just wait until they violate you for failing to list a change of address
within 30 days!

My brother moved about 2 miles and filed an FAA change-of-address. It
was confirmed over 5 years later.

Wow, my new address showed up online before I even got the copies of my
closing documents back.
Old September 17th 06, 02:38 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Matt Whiting

John wrote:
Matt Whiting wrote:

[...]

That may well be the case as we just got the notice a few days ago. I
just tried to update my address at AOPA and their system also choked on
Cross RD and won't even take Cross ST! Maybe I just need to wait a
month and try again.

Matt
Old September 17th 06, 04:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Grumman-581[_3_]

"Matt Whiting" wrote in message
Left hand please meet right hand. Well, if they want to call my dirt
road a street, more power to them. I just hope the mail carrier doesn't
get confused as they do use street addresses in town, but roads in the
township...

You must be changing the address in the airman's database, not the aircraft
database... I don't think that they have a way to change the aircraft's
address electronically though... They support fax and snail mail, but that's
about it... That's why mine is not up to date also... I tried sending them
an email with a signed PDF file instead of a fax last night... Perhaps that
will work also...