I love Jim Campbell

Old August 1st 03, 05:10 AM
Badwater Bill

Default I love Jim Campbell

On Fri, 01 Aug 2003 03:50:42 GMT, "C.D. Damron"
wrote:

"Badwater Bill" wrote in message
What a grand man, Jim Campbell is. I think I love him, just for what
he is. Just for being a machomisimo..........yeah! Bravo Jimbo.

Would that be a single malt or are you just slumming?

Slumming with some Dalmore Cigar Malt actually. Nice to see you again
Damron! Hang in there with these weekend weenies. Don't let em wear
you down. Most of RAH would panic and crash in VFR if they had a
vacuum pump failure and the attitude gyro went out in 300 mile
visibility.

BBBWWAHHHAHAHHAHHAHAHAAAAAA

BWB

Old August 4th 03, 10:40 AM
B2431

I can't even get a rise out of you *******s over this one. You muther
****ers are losing your sense of humor.

BWB

More likely we have had our fill of foul mouthed people. You know it IS
possible to make a point without personal attacks and vulgarity.

Dan, U. S. Air Force, retired
Old August 4th 03, 06:02 PM
pac plyer

Dan whined:

More likely we have had our fill of foul mouthed people. You know it IS
possible to make a point without personal attacks and vulgarity.

Dan, U. S. Air Force, retired

Pac sez:

Gee Dan, can you say: "find a Mo-der-a-t-ed newsgroup"? It appears
you don't understand what's going on in this one. (There may be some
types of humor that your brain just can't compile, since you're a
newbie.) You might want to retire your mouth for a few months and
maybe it will dawn on you that what we are really tired of around here
is "net-nazis" who have decided to parcel out free-speech behaviour
regulations for the rest of us. If you are tired of reading a
particular poster's style... then killfile .. filter him out. (Of
course, you probably won't understand what's going on most of the
time, but that's your problem.) Don't seek him out and issue
de-merits for the rest of us to read... we aren't interested! It's
his thread: he started it. If you don't like it, start your own
facinating thread. (It will probably only have one post most of the
time, but again, that's your problem.)

Maybe you should revert back to protecting democracy, not practicing
it. (sound familiar?) But RAH is not a military dictatorship either,
so knock it off. It is more what I would term: semi-educated anarchy
(which is why it can be rather fun to read.) We are trying to get BWB
off the sauce and go-pills for a little while, and you aren't helping.

pacplyer! - out!

"Sir, with all due respect, you are beginning to bore the hell out of
me." - Clint Eastwood, "Heartbreak Ridge"
Old August 4th 03, 08:16 PM
Big John

pac plyer

----clip----

If you are tired of reading a
particular poster's style... then killfile .. filter him out.

----clip----

pacplyer! - out!

Pacplyer

I have 'plonked' BWB but all of 'you' keep including his filth in your
posts back to him. Have you ever used the insert "----clip----"? I'm
sure he knows what he wrote so you telling him back in your reply is
redundant.

I have been looking for a program that will eliminate any quote of a
individual after I 'plonk' him but haven't found one yet.

I've met people like BWB who have to use a curse word every other
word. They obviously have an inferiority complex and think cursing
makes them a big frog in a little pond.

I've been 'around the world' a few times and know most of the filthy
words (in English and some other languages). On a scale of one to ten
I'd rate BWB about a one.

If he has a problem, as you intimate, then your assistance getting
him professional help, is the way to go. I have seen no effort an any
ones part to do this.

If you want 'filth' on the News Group, then I can forward some of the
porno spam I get every day in my mail box, so you will have something
to read when BWB isn't posting. Let me know.

Have a nice day and fly safe.

Big John
Old August 4th 03, 08:18 PM
B2431

Gee, you threw out an aweful lot of words basically accusing me of attempting
to dictate something to someone. Try reading what I actually said.

Let me rephrase it for you. He may be the one who started the thread, but it is
not "his" in the sense it belongs to him. This happens to be a public NG and
anyone may respond. I never attempted to silence him or anyone else. I simply
pointed out one can make a point without the personal attacks and vulgarity.

How does that make me a "net-Nazi?" Do you think you could have stated your
opinion more civily?

Dan, U. S. Air Force, retired

Dan whined:

Old August 4th 03, 08:51 PM
Barnyard BOb --

I've met people like BWB who have to use a curse word every other
word. They obviously have an inferiority complex and think cursing
makes them a big frog in a little pond.

Big John

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

BWB is not quite that simple a case.
You have just flunked BWB 101. g

Barnyard Dockter BOb -

Old August 4th 03, 08:51 PM
Warren & Nancy

B2431 wrote:

How does that make me a "net-Nazi?"

You are one of the "unwashed" criticizing "he who sees all, tells all and knows
all". You can't expect to do that and get away with it. ;-))) After he has his
dose of Chardonnay+rat poison, he'll calm down.

Warren

Old August 4th 03, 10:05 PM
Kevin Horton

On Mon, 04 Aug 2003 15:16:09 -0500, Big John wrote:

[...]

I've followed RAH off and on over the years, and I have come to the
unfortunate conclusion that there are a bunch of the RAH crowd that almost
never have anything useful to say. And there are a very small number of
this bunch that kill the signal to noise ratio of any thread they get
involved in. So, once a thread degenerates into uselessness, I simply
tell my newsreader to kill that thread. That way I don't see the noise.
Sure, I probably miss a few gems that way, but I can live with that.

The only thing worse than some of the denizens of RAH is a thread
complaining about them. They won't change their ways, and it is a waste
of time and bandwidth to try to get them to do so. So just killfile
them, and the threads they post to and be done with it. Life is too short
to worry about it.

--
Kevin Horton RV-8 (finishing kit)
Ottawa, Canada

Old August 4th 03, 10:24 PM
Bernie the Bunion

Big John wrote:

I have 'plonked' BWB but

Well howdy John.... And welcome to the little shop of horrors.

To those who are fairly recent to this group.... You are simply getting
a taste of none other than Bill Phillips who is arguably the most,
vulgar, and obnoxious poster that this group has ever had.

Mr. Phillips has been fairly quite these past few months but if you
want to see him at his worst you can do a GOOGLE search and
read his comments ad naseum.

Billy boy is here to have fun, fun, fun.... but his idea of fun is
having it at the expense of everyone else.

AND THAT MEANS YOU FOLKS.... ALL OF YOU

RIGHT BILL......??????????

If your not with him, which is to say if you don't kowtow and lick his
asshole then you are agin him, in which case you are either
galactically stupid, or a **** if your female, and that's just for
starters.

Nobody has more experience than him regardless of who you are, what you
do, or what your experiences in life are....... his arrogance won't
allow it.

He will point out repeatedly.. ad naseum that he is a PHD in nuclear
physics and it is soley because of him that America sleeps safely at
night. He will rub his accomplishments and money into everyones and
anyones nose with delight and point out repeatedly that HE had more
time at the top of the loop than YOU have in the loop.

The fact is that Mr. Phillips has been very lucky in life and he has
every right to be proud of his accomplishments. But unfortunately
he takes absolute delight in rubbing your nose in those accomplishments
and every opportunity. To him, noboby in the world comes close and I
would dare say that if Neil Armstrong, and Chuck Yeager were regulars
in this group he would treat them with the same contempt that he
dishes out at everybody else. His arrogance and ego have no bounds.

Listening to reason, including public and private requests to tone it
down from his friends.... is beneath him. Yes folks believe it or not
Bill Phillips does have friends in this group. There's a few who just
love it when he disrupts this group because they too are here to have
fun, fun, fun.

The arrogance of Mr. Phillips runs so deep that he just can't believe
that this group can run without his brand of humour and his brand
alone.

The fact that people can actually communicate in a civil manner, become
newsgroup friends, help each other out with information and informative
posts is absolutely beyond his ability to believe.

To him the world rises and sets on his shoulders and that someone would
take part in this group and not enjoy his caustic brand of denigrating
humour is totally beyond his ability to understand.

If you agree with him on a consistent manner then you are his kind of
scum but if you don't..... then you are galactically stupid.

Read his quoted statement below....

How was Pinkneyville this year you dorks. Just another circle jerk of
assholes, kissing each other asses and paying John to do it?

This is typical Bill, in this case the result of an very public and
ongoing arguement between him and the fine people who run the
Pinkneyville flyin and believe it or not it is over a couple of bucks,
and some beers.

He out wore his welcome there by his own ignorance and can't believe
that people actully are having fun at that fly in without his personal
presence so his comments above become par for the course.

As a result of his behaviour a few years ago including his ruthless,
uncharitable, and continuing ignorant attack on a female member of this
group, a few people including myself came out of the woodwork and
started to hold Mr. Phillips and a few of his butt lickers up to the
light of day.

Most of us like myself chose to remain anonymous which bothers
Mr. Phillips and some of the other regulars like Mr. Urban, and Mr.
Springer to no end, as you have seen by their comments to me this
past day.

They don't like the fact that someone anonymously is holding their
puclic comments and attitude up for public scrutiny so they choose
to respond in the most vile manner possible..... Wait a few hours till
they start responding to this post and you will see.

You see they just want to have fun, fun, fun, and if they can publicly
humiliate, denigrate, and rub someone's nose into the dirt... well
to them, that's fun.

Nobody would give a damn if I were to drop dead tonight, but the sad
fact is that many people who were valuable, knowledgeable, and well
liked and respected contributors to this newsgroup have left.

And it's not because the likes of me show up now and again..... it's
because people like Bill Phillips keep coming back with the sole
purpose of mind to totally disrupt this newsgroup in any way they can.

They just love to abuse the regulars here because it's so much fun.

And folks as you can see, they do an admirable job of it each and every
time.

If there is any consolation or silver lining it is that Mr. Phillips
favourite sidekick Wingbrat hasn't shown up yet.

God help this group when he does.