Centenial TFR

Old December 16th 03, 08:39 AM
Rob Perkins

On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 11:38:05 GMT, "Roger Long"
om wrote:

I just read that Bush will speak at the Kill Devils Hill bash. Does this
mean that the Wright Flyer won't be able take off?

Nothing else will be flying, how inappropriate.

I mentioned the President's planned visit to my wife, who is not a
flyer (yet; I'll wear her down and one day she'll take a discovery
flight, then a pinch hitter, then... one can hope!)

She offered that the Wright flyer replicas wouldn't be much of a
threat to the President, since they can't really fly in circles and
won't get off the ground more than several tens of feet.

Perhaps after his speech, the President will have the good sense to Go
Away and permit others the rest of the day in flight. Weather
permitting, of course.

If we're IFR at Kill Devil that day, all of this will be moot anyway.

Rob
Old December 16th 03, 07:39 PM
Orval Fairbairn

om wrote:

I just read that Bush will speak at the Kill Devils Hill bash. Does this
mean that the Wright Flyer won't be able take off?

Nothing else will be flying, how inappropriate.

I mentioned the President's planned visit to my wife, who is not a
flyer (yet; I'll wear her down and one day she'll take a discovery
flight, then a pinch hitter, then... one can hope!)

She offered that the Wright flyer replicas wouldn't be much of a
threat to the President, since they can't really fly in circles and
won't get off the ground more than several tens of feet.

Perhaps after his speech, the President will have the good sense to Go
Away and permit others the rest of the day in flight. Weather
permitting, of course.

If we're IFR at Kill Devil that day, all of this will be moot anyway.

Rob

The SS loons will probably STILL think that it is a threat and prohibit
it from flying!
Old December 17th 03, 12:01 AM
Mutts

One of the most important inventions to mankind? Powered Flight.
Invented by Americans, on the centennial...
Kennedy? Kennedy? "WE CHOOSE TO GO TO THE MOON" That Kennedy?
Wouldnt show up? yeah right! To bad we couldnt bet on that one.

Ok so worst case 0700-1200 local for the TFR. yeah it sucks but
plenty of daylight left to fly.

In article , says...

So, you truly believe that Clinton, Johnson, Kennedy, Truman, or

Roosevelt
wouldn't have gone to Kill Devil to speechify if it happened on their

watch?

I don't believe any of them would do it if they were president today.

Old December 17th 03, 02:30 AM
G.R. Patterson III

Dennis O'Connor wrote:

So, you truly believe that Clinton, Johnson, Kennedy, Truman, or Roosevelt
wouldn't have gone to Kill Devil to speechify if it happened on their watch?

I don't believe any of them would do it if they were president today.

George Patterson
Great discoveries are not announced with "Eureka!". What's usually
said is
"Hummmmm... That's interesting...."
Old December 17th 03, 02:31 AM
G.R. Patterson III

Nomen Nescio wrote:

I'm just glad he has stayed the Hell away from Oshkosh. g

I think there aren't enough SS men in the world to keep him from getting
lynched
if he shut down Oshkosh.

Old December 17th 03, 03:09 AM
Big John

Why doesn't he fly in with a flight of Fighter Escorts and no TFR?

Could be safer than alone in a TFR due to reaction time of close
Fighters if anything were about to happen.

Doesn't take a Rocket Scientist to make things work.

Big John

On 15 Dec 2003 07:35:39 -0800, (Gene Seibel) wrote:

The Wright Flyer not being able to take off may have nothing to do with the TFR.

Old December 17th 03, 05:47 AM
Teacherjh

Actually, I'd like to see the prez shut down Oshkosh by visiting. It's
probably the only way enough outrage will be generated to overcome the silly
TFR thing once and for all. If the pres makes "an exception", the whole TFR
thing will be seen as reasonable.

Jose

Old December 17th 03, 01:38 PM
Jake Brodsky

om wrote:

I just read that Bush will speak at the Kill Devils Hill bash. Does this
mean that the Wright Flyer won't be able take off?

Nothing else will be flying, how inappropriate.

Actually, I want to know why the POTUS decided to take his act to Kill
Devil Hills to watch a replica when he could have walked from the
White House to the Smithsonian's Air and Space Museum and stood before
the real thing. Not only that, he'd be surrounded with a hall of
amazing achievements that followed.

I just don't get it.

Jake Brodsky,
PP ASEL IA, Cessna Cardinal N30946, Based @ FME
Amateur Radio Station AB3A
Old December 17th 03, 08:35 PM
Dave Stadt

om wrote:

I just read that Bush will speak at the Kill Devils Hill bash. Does this
mean that the Wright Flyer won't be able take off?

Nothing else will be flying, how inappropriate.

Actually, I want to know why the POTUS decided to take his act to Kill
Devil Hills to watch a replica when he could have walked from the
White House to the Smithsonian's Air and Space Museum and stood before
the real thing. Not only that, he'd be surrounded with a hall of
amazing achievements that followed.

I just don't get it.

Simple......lotsa press at Kill Devil Hills today. A politician never
passes up a chance for free press even though he might not have known who
the Wright brothers were half an hour before he arrived.