Peace in rap!?

Old July 1st 09, 06:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Logajan

Default Peace in rap!?

Ricky wrote:
On Jun 30, 10:05*pm, "Morgans" wrote:
"Ricky" wrote in message

Is it true that Bert@# got banned?

I did not know that was possible. *Is it? *What did you hear?
--
Jim in NC

Actually, I meant from Google Groups. I know one can't be banned from
Usenet AFAIK.

So far as I know, Bertie hasn't posted to the aviation groups from Google
Groups in years. And since Google always inserts an NNTP-Posting-Host
header that contains the originating IP address of the poster, I doubt he
would in the future (at least under the Bertie handle.)

I use Agent (awesome newsreader) at home but when I'm
somewhere else I access Usenet via Google (sorry newsreader) and I
noticed that Bertie's & Max's account said something to the effect of
"...discontinued due to violating Google Groups terms of service..."

It is just as likely that the accounts you are seeing were created by
someone else who wanted to do a "Joe Job" on Bertie and Max.
Old July 1st 09, 11:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bob Noel[_2_]

Ricky wrote:
[snip]

noticed that Bertie's & Max's account said something to the effect of
"...discontinued due to violating Google Groups terms of service..."

google said that even when insert impolite term was polluting
r.a.p.

Old July 2nd 09, 04:04 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Orval Fairbairn[_2_]

"Ricky" wrote in message

[...]

I also have not seen that perpetual turd in the punchbowl, "jgrove", who
was always baiting us about Meigs and other issues that only exposed his
ignorance.

Old July 2nd 09, 03:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dudley Henriques[_2_]

On Jun 30, 11:19*pm, "Maxwell" wrote:
"Ricky" wrote in message

Is it true that Bert@# got banned?
I haven't noticed he or Max for a while.
It's like a whole, new, wonderful world here!
May it last...please!

I'm still here, and read daily. Just like I always did.

When the bull**** stopped, so did I, just as I always intended.

The biggest difference I have seen is people treating each others opinions
with respect, and the people that were here only to develop a reputation for
themselves or promote their image have gone. Good riddance.

Keeping a peaceful group is everyone's responsibility, and no one is immune.

Hello Maxie. :-))

Dudley Henriques
Old July 2nd 09, 05:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck[_2_]

Keeping a peaceful group is everyone's responsibility, and no one is
immune.

Agreed, although your tit-for-tat with Bertie (and others) was one of the
main reasons I (and many others) fled to Pilots of America last year. I
understand the urge to blast the trolls, but by playing their game you
became one of them.

Things are looking fairly sane around here, for the moment. We'll see how
long it takes Bertie to notice.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old July 2nd 09, 05:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Maxwell[_11_]

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
Keeping a peaceful group is everyone's responsibility, and no one is
immune.

Agreed, although your tit-for-tat with Bertie (and others) was one of the
main reasons I (and many others) fled to Pilots of America last year. I
understand the urge to blast the trolls, but by playing their game you
became one of them.

I wasn't hear to blast the trolls, dumb ass, everyone handles things in
their own way, and I could care less to debate methods with you or anyone
else. But I can assure you, taking shots at people is what got it all
started, and posting crap like this is hardly a way to do your part.

Things are looking fairly sane around here, for the moment. We'll see how
long it takes Bertie to notice.

Sounds like you miss him to me. Perhaps if you post enough "Bertie was a
*******" nonsense he will feel compelled to return.

--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

And loose the signature, it's nothing but spam.

Old July 2nd 09, 07:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dudley Henriques[_2_]

On Jul 2, 12:20*pm, "Maxwell" wrote:
"Jay Honeck" wrote in message

[...]

At the most certain risk of hearing all about my Wikipedia bio and how
I use Usenet for no other reason that to feather my own nest, I would
suggest to you that Jay's signature is nothing unusual. He states in
his signature that he owns two aircraft and a hotel that is completely
devoted to an aviation motif. He offers no "specials" or makes no
direct attempt to solicit business here. His signature is simply a
statement of who he is and what he does.
Of course there are always those who will read something sinister into
that, but that's Usenet.
Jay is well known here for both his interest in flying AND what he and
Mary have done with the Alexis Park Inn as that relates directly to
the aviation most of us enjoy.
I for one have never even come close to viewing Jay's signature as
spam. He and his family have devoted much time, effort, and indeed
resources to aviation.
I see nothing at all wrong with Jay mentioning his airplanes OR his
hotel here on this forum.
Of course, considering the way you have attacked me as well as Jay, I
thoroughly understand your position :-)
Lighten up Maxie. Your life on Usenet could be much more rewarding
than you have chosen to make it here on these forums.
:-)
Dudley Henriques
Old July 2nd 09, 07:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Maxwell[_11_]

"Dudley Henriques" wrote in message

And loose the signature, it's nothing but spam.

-- At the most certain risk of hearing all about my Wikipedia bio and how
-- I use Usenet for no other reason that to feather my own nest, I would
-- suggest to you that Jay's signature is nothing unusual. He states in
-- his signature that he owns two aircraft and a hotel that is completely
-- devoted to an aviation motif. He offers no "specials" or makes no
-- direct attempt to solicit business here. His signature is simply a
-- statement of who he is and what he does.

Nonsense, in the past year Jay has done nothing to contribute to this group
and has spent all his time on POA until now, when it's time for his yearly
advertisement.

-- Of course there are always those who will read something sinister into
-- that, but that's Usenet.
-- Jay is well known here for both his interest in flying AND what he and
-- Mary have done with the Alexis Park Inn as that relates directly to
-- the aviation most of us enjoy.
-- I for one have never even come close to viewing Jay's signature as
-- spam. He and his family have devoted much time, effort, and indeed
-- resources to aviation.
-- I see nothing at all wrong with Jay mentioning his airplanes OR his
-- hotel here on this forum.

But you wish to disregard the fact that his signature was Jay's primary way
of irritating Bertie.

-- Of course, considering the way you have attacked me as well as Jay, I
-- thoroughly understand your position :-)
-- Lighten up Maxie. Your life on Usenet could be much more rewarding
-- than you have chosen to make it here on these forums.

You lighten up Dumbly, the Usenet's life would be much more rewarding
without you.

And let's not forget, you threw the first punch last time, and now you do it
twice again.

Old July 2nd 09, 07:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dudley Henriques[_2_]

On Jul 2, 2:14*pm, "Maxwell" wrote:
[...]

Sorry Max. It's just that you're so easy to hit :-))
Old July 2nd 09, 07:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Maxwell[_11_]

"Dudley Henriques" wrote in message

You lighten up Dumbly, the Usenet's life would be much more rewarding
without you.

And let's not forget, you threw the first punch last time, and now you do
it
twice again.

-- Sorry Max. It's just that you're so easy to hit :-))

And that's exactly the point. Some one disagrees with you, so you decide to
start something.

In your own ignorance, people like you and Jay start these things, then sit
and appear to wonder while you blame others.

When in reality, we have only guys like you to thank.

I have been keeping my opinions to myself while a number of gentlemen have
made good use of the group, but at you and Jay's request I will oblige you.