ATP wants a single engine add on

Old September 21st 06, 04:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Kris Kortokrax

Default ATP wants a single engine add on

Emily wrote:
Kris Kortokrax wrote:
Emily wrote:
Kris Kortokrax wrote:
Emily wrote:

You can opt out of the database. I didn't realize people didn't
know that.

You can opt out of having your address displayed.
You cannot opt out of the database.
Plug his name into the FAA's database and you should be able to see
his certificates and ratings.

Kris

Wrong. You can opt to have nothing displayed.

Interesting. In spite of the statement on the FAA's registry website
stating that they are required to make certificate information
available to the public, and Sylvain's post stating that although he
thought he had his certificate information removed, that it is still
there, you insist that one can opt to have nothing displayed.

There are others on rec.aviation.pilot who have expressed a desire to
have their certificate and medical info removed from the database.
Perhaps you could post the procedure for doing so and help them out.

I've never done it, but if you go to the airman certification page, it
gives instructions. I've known quite a few people who have done this.

I've been to the airman certification page many times. There is a link
on the page to:

"Add or Delete your Mailing Address from Public View".

Following this link will lead you to a page where you will find the
statement that the FAA is required to make certificate information
available to the public.

There is no link to add or delete your certificate information from the
database, because you do not have the option to remove certificate
information from the public view.

Kris
Old September 21st 06, 09:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Sylvain

Kris Kortokrax wrote:

There is no link to add or delete your certificate information from the
database, because you do not have the option to remove certificate
information from the public view.

what confused me, and lead me to believe that my records were removed,
is that it used to be possible to enter just the last name and either
the state or country of residence to get the data; that's how I checked
when waiting for a new rating for instance; what seems to have changed
is that you now have to enter the data of birth to get to the data (well,
date of birth works, but I haven't tried all the combinations of input
to see what works or not);

--Sylvain
Old September 21st 06, 10:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Kris Kortokrax

Sylvain wrote:
Kris Kortokrax wrote:

There is no link to add or delete your certificate information from the
database, because you do not have the option to remove certificate
information from the public view.

what confused me, and lead me to believe that my records were removed,
is that it used to be possible to enter just the last name and either
the state or country of residence to get the data; that's how I checked
when waiting for a new rating for instance; what seems to have changed
is that you now have to enter the data of birth to get to the data (well,
date of birth works, but I haven't tried all the combinations of input
to see what works or not);

--Sylvain

Try last name and first initial. That always works for me.
That was how I found your entry, among others with the last name Sylvain
(I assumed that was your last name). I went through the alphabet of
first initials and found 11 entries with no address.

Kris
Old September 21st 06, 11:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Sylvain

Kris Kortokrax wrote:

Try last name and first initial. That always works for me.
That was how I found your entry, among others with the last name Sylvain
(I assumed that was your last name).

actually Sylvain is my first name; didn't know it was used as a last
name as well, fun, I'll check it out ;-)

--Sylvain