Mountain flying knowledge required?

Old April 26th 05, 11:50 PM
Mark Kolber

On 26 Apr 2005 07:55:04 -0700, wrote:

You can save some money by going to my web site

Sparky! You in a usenet forum! Can you handle it?

Best regards,

Mark

Mark Kolber
APA/Denver, Colorado
www.midlifeflight.com
======================
email? Remove ".no.spam"
Old April 26th 05, 11:52 PM
Mark Kolber

On 26 Apr 2005 00:57:02 GMT, Blanche wrote:

Long tiome. How the heck are you?

Mark Kolber
APA/Denver, Colorado
www.midlifeflight.com
======================
email? Remove ".no.spam"
Old April 27th 05, 02:38 AM
Peter R.

I can do a one-day one-on-one, with 7 hours of mountain flying, ridge
crossing, mountain wave surfing, lift and sink identification and
FUN... in one day. :-) It does not make one a "mountain pilot", but
will give you a good feel about how to navigate, routes to take, which
side of the canyon to fly on and how to select altitudes and emergency
landing sites.

Wow, this sounds very valuable and certainly would be much more knowledge
than I currently have about the subject. I will definitely look at my
schedule for my time in Denver to see if I can fit it in. Thanks.

--
Peter

Old April 27th 05, 02:39 AM
Peter R.

You can save some money by going to my web site for information on
mountain flying instead of buying the book. By the way, there is a new
Mountain Flying Bible Revised (with 16 pages of color photos operating
at backcountry strips) coming out in 3 days. Try
http://www.mountainflying.com

Excellent. I have bookmarked the site and will be doing a lot of reading
this weekend. Thanks!

--
Peter

Old April 27th 05, 09:16 PM

Antionio,
Sorry to throw you off, but the "Mountain Flying" book was written
35-years ago. I've learned something in that time and have observed
rotors along the Front Range between 25,000- and 30,000-feet MSL.
Usually the destructive turbulence associated with the rotor does not
extend more than a 1,000 feet or so above the ridge line.
Sparky

Old May 1st 05, 06:52 PM
Peter R.

You can save some money by going to my web site for information on
mountain flying instead of buying the book. By the way, there is a new
Mountain Flying Bible Revised (with 16 pages of color photos operating
at backcountry strips) coming out in 3 days. Try
http://www.mountainflying.com
Blue skies and tail winds,

As coincidence would have it, the aviation safety seminar in Ithaca, NY
(central NY State) I attended this past Saturday titled "Mountain Flying"
featured none other than this mountain flying expert, Sparky Imeson.

A very education and enjoyable seminar with lots of scenic aviation photos
and this is one incredibly experienced pilot. He just needs a more
reliable laptop to run his MS Powerpoint slideshow. :-)

--
Peter