Removing '74 Archer rear seats?

Old January 22nd 04, 04:41 AM
Mike Noel

Default Removing '74 Archer rear seats?

In looking at the rear seats in my Archer, it looks like they are probably
designed for easy removal. The two posts at the front of the seat appear to
be in slots that allow the bottom of the posts to slide aft and then lift up
and out, but how do you release the rear posts? TIATIA (Thanks In Advance
from Tucson International Airport.)

--
Regards,
Mike

http://mywebpage.netscape.com/amountainaero/fspic1.html

Old January 22nd 04, 05:34 AM
Nathan Young

On Wed, 21 Jan 2004 20:41:36 -0700, "Mike Noel"
wrote:

In looking at the rear seats in my Archer, it looks like they are probably
designed for easy removal. The two posts at the front of the seat appear to
be in slots that allow the bottom of the posts to slide aft and then lift up
and out, but how do you release the rear posts? TIATIA (Thanks In Advance
from Tucson International Airport.)

Sounds the same as my '71 Cherokee 180.

#1 Lean through the baggage door.
#2 Grab the bottom of the seat at the rear roughly where the two posts
are.
#3 Give a good tug in the vertical direction. This should release the
seat.
#4 Once the back posts are out, slide the front posts out.
#5 Pull the seat out the baggage door
#6 Be careful not to whack the headliner or windows with the seat
tracks - easy to scratch.

Once you get used to it - it is easy. I can pull and reinstall both
seats in a few minutes.

-Nathan

Old January 23rd 04, 11:03 PM
Aaron Coolidge

: wrote:

:In looking at the rear seats in my Archer, it looks like they are probably
:designed for easy removal. The two posts at the front of the seat appear to
:be in slots that allow the bottom of the posts to slide aft and then lift up
:and out, but how do you release the rear posts? TIATIA (Thanks In Advance
:from Tucson International Airport.)

: Sounds the same as my '71 Cherokee 180.

I think the Archer (74 & up) is a litle different - at least the last Archer
that I took the back seats out of (an '82) was different. There is a little
spring-loaded thingy that is in the "track" just behind of the rear posts.

So, you would:

: #1 Lean through the baggage door.
: #2 Grab the bottom of the seat at the rear roughly where the two posts
: are.

#2a reach just behind of the two posts and push the spring-loaded plunger
down, then slide the seat backward about one inch, sliding the rear posts
out of the "track".

: #3 Give a good tug in the vertical direction. This should release the
: seat.
: #4 Once the back posts are out, slide the front posts out.
: #5 Pull the seat out the baggage door

#5a you can get the seats out of the main door, as well, if you twist and
turn them around a bit

: #6 Be careful not to whack the headliner or windows with the seat
: tracks - easy to scratch.

: Once you get used to it - it is easy. I can pull and reinstall both
: seats in a few minutes.

: -Nathan

--
Aaron Coolidge (N9376J)

World War II Flying 'Ace' Salutes Racial Progress, By Gerry J. Gilmore Otis Willie Military Aviation 2 February 22nd 04 04:33 AM
Meting with a Lancaster rear gunner Dave Eadsforth Military Aviation 12 November 22nd 03 09:08 AM
More long-range Spitfires and daylight Bomber Command raids, with added nationalistic abuse (was: #1 Jet of World War II) The Revolution Will Not Be Televised Military Aviation 161 September 25th 03 07:35 AM
#1 Jet of World War II Christopher Military Aviation 203 September 1st 03 03:04 AM
Long-range Spitfires and daylight Bomber Command raids (was: #1 Jet of World War II) The Revolution Will Not Be Televised Military Aviation 20 August 27th 03 09:14 AM