Northern CA Shell selling non-ethanol autogas?

Old April 29th 07, 04:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.owning
M[_1_]

Default Northern CA Shell selling non-ethanol autogas?

According to the comments on airnav.com regarding Modesto airport
(http://www.airnav.com/airport/KMOD/SKY_TREK#c), someone mentioned
that Shell has been selling gasoline without ethanol in northern
California gas stations since 2006. Is it true?

Old April 29th 07, 10:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.owning
Robert M. Gary

On Apr 28, 8:32 pm, M wrote:
According to the comments on airnav.com regarding Modesto airport
(http://www.airnav.com/airport/KMOD/SKY_TREK#c), someone mentioned
that Shell has been selling gasoline without ethanol in northern
California gas stations since 2006. Is it true?

I thought the ethanol content was mandated by California law.

-robert

Old April 29th 07, 10:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.owning
M[_1_]

On Apr 29, 2:17 pm, "Robert M. Gary" wrote:

I thought the ethanol content was mandated by California law.

The ethanol blending law expired last year and it wasn't renewed.

Old April 30th 07, 06:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.owning
Robert M. Gary

On Apr 29, 2:41 pm, M wrote:
On Apr 29, 2:17 pm, "Robert M. Gary" wrote:

I thought the ethanol content was mandated by California law.

The ethanol blending law expired last year and it wasn't renewed.

Interesting!! If that's true, I'm going to stock up! I can't run mogas
in my Mooney but it would be nice to not have to overhaul the carbs in
my lawn mower, edger, and weed eater every spring to get the corn
syrup out.

-Robert

Old April 30th 07, 06:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.owning
RST Engineering

This is either an urban legend or Shell headquarters doesn't know what is
going on in the field.

It is, however, true that the Californicate law requiring ethanol sunset
last year; it is no longer mandated.

I emailed Shell headquarters (in Houston) yesterday and asked if this "no
ethanol" in its premium fuel is correct and they said no, all their fuels
contain ethanol. If anybody has hard evidence to the contrary, I'd sure
like to hear about it.

Jim

"Robert M. Gary" wrote in message
oups.com...

Old April 30th 07, 06:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.owning
RST Engineering

As an aside, anybody (service station or not) can get as much pure gasoline
of any octane that they wish from regular to premium at the refineries over
in Pittsburgh (CA) and Antioch (CA) ... the kicker being (and how Modesto
does it) in 8000 gallon minimum loads.

Jim

Old May 1st 07, 12:26 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.owning
M[_1_]

On Apr 30, 10:32 am, "RST Engineering"
wrote:

I emailed Shell headquarters (in Houston) yesterday and asked if this "no
ethanol" in its premium fuel is correct and they said no, all their fuels
contain ethanol. If anybody has hard evidence to the contrary, I'd sure
like to hear about it.

Since it's very easy to test, can someone in California do a quick
test next time you fill up your car?

Northern CA Shell selling non-ethanol autogas? M[_1_] Piloting 6 May 1st 07 12:26 AM
No more autogas tax refund in VA [email protected] Owning 3 August 19th 05 05:20 PM
Hi Octane Autogas UltraJohn Home Built 24 April 18th 04 02:43 AM
End of Autogas? David Lesher Owning 10 November 24th 03 07:38 PM
New autogas rules in the US Roger Halstead Owning 0 July 14th 03 08:37 PM