A Flight I Denied (172RG To Fiji) Lets Wish Him Luck he is "Enroute"

Old May 29th 07, 10:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
NW_Pilot

Default A Flight I Denied (172RG To Fiji) Lets Wish Him Luck he is "Enroute"

Flight was not worth $2,000 to me I guess to some one it was!!! I wanted
$3,500 Labor Single Engine over the big Pond Ummmm I guess he is tanked with
200 gallons total onboard.

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N9484B

Lets wish this pilot some good luck on this trip whoever it may be.

Old May 29th 07, 10:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Erik

NW_Pilot wrote:

Flight was not worth $2,000 to me I guess to some one it was!!! I wanted
$3,500 Labor Single Engine over the big Pond Ummmm I guess he is tanked with
200 gallons total onboard.

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N9484B

Lets wish this pilot some good luck on this trip whoever it may be.

Well, that link has a route to Hawaii from Hayward. It does say that
a 172 is going 2300+ miles.

I wonder where the fuel stops are going to be. Is it even possible
for a 172 to carry that much fuel?

Old May 29th 07, 10:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Montblack

("NW_Pilot" wrote)
http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N9484B

Lets wish this pilot some good luck on this trip whoever it may be.

I check him out:
Estimated Time Enroute vs. other 172's:

2:50
2:40
1:35

17:00 -------- Him (books on tape? g)

1:20
2:21
3:39
1:15

Montblack
My sister and her hubby spent over a month in Fiji, last August (pre-coup).
They loved it!

Old May 29th 07, 10:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
C J Campbell[_1_]

On 2007-05-29 14:25:07 -0700, Erik said:

NW_Pilot wrote:

Flight was not worth $2,000 to me I guess to some one it was!!! I
wanted $3,500 Labor Single Engine over the big Pond Ummmm I guess he is
tanked with 200 gallons total onboard.

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N9484B

Lets wish this pilot some good luck on this trip whoever it may be.

Well, that link has a route to Hawaii from Hayward. It does say that
a 172 is going 2300+ miles.

I wonder where the fuel stops are going to be. Is it even possible
for a 172 to carry that much fuel?

With auxiliary tanks and a ferry flight permit from the FAA. This is a
long old trip and NW Pilot was quite right in turning it down as not
paying enough. I have never figured out how people manage to stay awake
long enough to make these flights.
--
Waddling Eagle
World Famous Flight Instructor

Old May 29th 07, 10:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
NW_Pilot

"Erik" wrote in message
NW_Pilot wrote:

Flight was not worth $2,000 to me I guess to some one it was!!! I wanted
$3,500 Labor Single Engine over the big Pond Ummmm I guess he is tanked
with 200 gallons total onboard.

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N9484B

Lets wish this pilot some good luck on this trip whoever it may be.

Well, that link has a route to Hawaii from Hayward. It does say that
a 172 is going 2300+ miles.

I wonder where the fuel stops are going to be. Is it even possible
for a 172 to carry that much fuel?

He is tanked with 200 gallons of fuel onboard!!! He has more than enough
range to make it direct. I am just not sitting my rear in a Ratty OLD 172RG
for 18 hours.... Then have to do it Again the Next Day and the Next!!!! Not
for $2,000 No way!!! Now if it was a New 182 or 206 Yea, But I Still would
charge more than $2,000 ($2,000 labor is what the job was offering for 4
days worth of risk)

Old May 29th 07, 10:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
NW_Pilot

On 2007-05-29 14:25:07 -0700, Erik said:

NW_Pilot wrote:

Flight was not worth $2,000 to me I guess to some one it was!!! I wanted
$3,500 Labor Single Engine over the big Pond Ummmm I guess he is tanked
with 200 gallons total onboard.

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N9484B

Lets wish this pilot some good luck on this trip whoever it may be.

Well, that link has a route to Hawaii from Hayward. It does say that
a 172 is going 2300+ miles.

I wonder where the fuel stops are going to be. Is it even possible
for a 172 to carry that much fuel?

With auxiliary tanks and a ferry flight permit from the FAA. This is a
long old trip and NW Pilot was quite right in turning it down as not
paying enough. I have never figured out how people manage to stay awake
long enough to make these flights.
--
Waddling Eagle
World Famous Flight Instructor

In the old days it was Coffee thoday it's called Energy Drinks haahahahaha
In 13 Hours I can drink 6 sugar free Monsters!

Old May 29th 07, 10:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
NW_Pilot

On 2007-05-29 14:25:07 -0700, Erik said:

NW_Pilot wrote:

Flight was not worth $2,000 to me I guess to some one it was!!! I wanted
$3,500 Labor Single Engine over the big Pond Ummmm I guess he is tanked
with 200 gallons total onboard.

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N9484B

Lets wish this pilot some good luck on this trip whoever it may be.

Well, that link has a route to Hawaii from Hayward. It does say that
a 172 is going 2300+ miles.

I wonder where the fuel stops are going to be. Is it even possible
for a 172 to carry that much fuel?

With auxiliary tanks and a ferry flight permit from the FAA. This is a
long old trip and NW Pilot was quite right in turning it down as not
paying enough. I have never figured out how people manage to stay awake
long enough to make these flights.
--
Waddling Eagle
World Famous Flight Instructor

My Minimum Single Engine Over the Big Pond Is $3,500 Labor Multi Engine
$2,500 Labor and that's My Minimum's!

You all want to see What The Faa paperwork looks like for a tanked Aircraft
flying overgross I think I have a copy some place here I will can scan and
upload.

Old May 29th 07, 10:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gig 601XL Builder

NW_Pilot wrote:
"Erik" wrote in message
NW_Pilot wrote:

[...]

50+ hours of retract time for the log book. That's worth $7560 to some young
buck. Plus he gets to hang out in Fiji and chill for a few days.

I wouldn't do it for 5 times that much today but 20 years ago. Probably.

Old May 29th 07, 11:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
NW_Pilot

On 2007-05-29 14:25:07 -0700, Erik said:

NW_Pilot wrote:

Flight was not worth $2,000 to me I guess to some one it was!!! I wanted
$3,500 Labor Single Engine over the big Pond Ummmm I guess he is tanked
with 200 gallons total onboard.

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N9484B

Lets wish this pilot some good luck on this trip whoever it may be.

Well, that link has a route to Hawaii from Hayward. It does say that
a 172 is going 2300+ miles.

I wonder where the fuel stops are going to be. Is it even possible
for a 172 to carry that much fuel?

With auxiliary tanks and a ferry flight permit from the FAA. This is a
long old trip and NW Pilot was quite right in turning it down as not
paying enough. I have never figured out how people manage to stay awake
long enough to make these flights.
--
Waddling Eagle
World Famous Flight Instructor

OK, Could not find a copy of the 337 But here is sample paperwork for a
tanked airplane

http://www.hostclip.com/dl/acd3af5f4...464f2b2554de8c

Old May 30th 07, 12:48 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
NW_Pilot

"Gig 601XL Builder" wrDOTgiaconaATsuddenlink.net wrote in message
NW_Pilot wrote:
"Erik" wrote in message
NW_Pilot wrote:

[...]

The broker handling this flight will not pay for him to hang for a few day's
maybe one day if lucky depending on airline availability and his arrival in
Fiji then he is huffing it to the airport on the next flight out to the next
ferry flight or back home.

Regs regarding "VFR flight following?" (also: "need to vent") [email protected] Owning 83 November 6th 06 08:57 PM
Old polish aircraft TS-8 "Bies" ("Bogy") - for sale >pk Aviation Marketplace 0 October 16th 06 07:48 AM
CNN uses "special software" for KLEX simulation: Microsoft Flight Simulator Mxsmanic Piloting 10 August 30th 06 09:40 AM
Does anyone have any experience with "Lets Fly".org? [email protected] Piloting 1 March 14th 06 09:03 AM