sebring wee bee, oneill peapod- info?

Old June 20th 05, 05:05 PM
patrick mitchel

Default sebring wee bee, oneill peapod- info?

Was looking though the aerofiles section on american aircraft and come
accross there 2 lightweights. Any other references online to these? Thanks
Pat

Old June 21st 05, 01:35 AM
Bertie the Bunyip

"patrick mitchel"
:

Was looking though the aerofiles section on american aircraft and come
accross there 2 lightweights. Any other references online to these?
Thanks Pat

I have a pic of the Pea pod in a book by Raoul Hoffman. Unfortunately I
have it lent to a friend at the moment. The airplane looks to be more of a
ground effect skimmer than anything else. It's a canard. Looks like the
pilot lies prone. The wing and canard are both pretty small and of very low
aspect ratio. the engine is mounted at the top of the fin. Actually, I
think it's pretty much buried in the fin. I'll post it when I get the book
back....
As to the other. I know I've seen it somewhere..... Think I might have it
in a Vintage glider book somewhere.

Bertie
Old June 21st 05, 06:33 AM
Bertie the Bunyip

"patrick mitchel"
:

Was looking though the aerofiles section on american aircraft and come
accross there 2 lightweights. Any other references online to these?
Thanks Pat

I have a pic of the Pea Pod in a book by Raoul Hoffman, but I lent it to a
frined. I'll post the pic when I get it back.
The Book is an old EAA publication, though, (about 1960 or so) so they
might have something on it.
It looks more like a ground effect flyer than anything else IIRC. Canard
with small, low aspect ration surfaces, the pilot lies prone, i think, and
the engine is buried in the fin turning a tractor prop. I'm sure I've seen
the Sebring in an old gliding book, too....

I'll post them whe I can find them.

Bertie