Living in Aluminum

Old February 13th 06, 11:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,alt.rv.airstream

Default Living in Aluminum

Well things are certainly changing around Michelle's household.
A contract on dream property in Montana (room for my airplane too),
putting my house in Virginia on the market and I have no idea where I am
going to be working in a couple of months.

To make this a little easier I decided it was time to purchase something
I have wanted for years..... An Airstream Classic 31.
There is just something about riveted aluminum, and I get to live in it!

Jay, do you have a 30 amp hook up outside?

Michelle
Old February 13th 06, 11:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Congrats!! There are two types of people in the world... those who talk
about it, and those who do it. Thanks for being a doer!
Sounds like a blast.
Jim

link.net...

Old February 14th 06, 12:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning,alt.rv.airstream

Michelle wrote:
Well things are certainly changing around Michelle's household.
A contract on dream property in Montana (room for my airplane too),
putting my house in Virginia on the market and I have no idea where I am
going to be working in a couple of months.

To make this a little easier I decided it was time to purchase something
I have wanted for years..... An Airstream Classic 31.
There is just something about riveted aluminum, and I get to live in it!

Jay, do you have a 30 amp hook up outside?

Michelle

Michelle, I'm looking for a house in Virginia! Where are you located?

Rip
Old February 14th 06, 01:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

"Michelle" wrote in message
link.net...
To make this a little easier I decided it was time to purchase something I
have wanted for years..... An Airstream Classic 31.
There is just something about riveted aluminum, and I get to live in it!

http://www.hfmgv.org/dymaxion/index.html

Just in case you want to want to continue to live in aluminium...

Aircraft content - It was built by Beech in Wichita...

--
Geoff
The Sea Hawk at Wow Way d0t Com

Old February 14th 06, 02:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

("Capt. Geoffrey Thorpe" wrote)
http://www.hfmgv.org/dymaxion/index.html

Just in case you want to want to continue to live in aluminium...

Aircraft content - It was built by Beech in Wichita...

How about a home built in a WWII airplane factory?

http://www.oldhouseweb.com/stories/Detailed/12270.shtml
Lustron Homes history

http://members.tripod.com/~Strandlund/index-12.html
COLLIER'S Magazine, November 5, 1949...

http://home.earthlink.net/~lustronlocator/links.html
Lustron links

Montblack
Couldn't find the PBS link ...oh well.
Old February 14th 06, 02:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Capt. Geoffrey Thorpe wrote:
"Michelle" wrote in message
link.net...

To make this a little easier I decided it was time to purchase something I
have wanted for years..... An Airstream Classic 31.
There is just something about riveted aluminum, and I get to live in it!

http://www.hfmgv.org/dymaxion/index.html

Just in case you want to want to continue to live in aluminium...

Aircraft content - It was built by Beech in Wichita...

--
Geoff
The Sea Hawk at Wow Way d0t Com
Spell checking is left as an excercise for the reader.

I love it. Actually My new house will be in forest fire area. One design
criteria will be a non-flammable exterior.
Michelle
Old February 14th 06, 02:34 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning,alt.rv.airstream

Rip wrote:
Michelle wrote:

Well things are certainly changing around Michelle's household.
A contract on dream property in Montana (room for my airplane too),
putting my house in Virginia on the market and I have no idea where I
am going to be working in a couple of months.

To make this a little easier I decided it was time to purchase
something I have wanted for years..... An Airstream Classic 31.
There is just something about riveted aluminum, and I get to live in it!

Jay, do you have a 30 amp hook up outside?

Michelle

Michelle, I'm looking for a house in Virginia! Where are you located?

Rip

Hit me off line..... Remove the obvious stuff and I will let you through
the spam filter....
Michelle
Old February 14th 06, 03:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning,alt.rv.airstream

"Michelle" wrote in message
hlink.net...
.Blueskies. wrote:
"Michelle" wrote in message
link.net...

Well things are certainly changing around Michelle's household.
A contract on dream property in Montana (room for my airplane too), putting my house in Virginia on the market and I
have no idea where I am going to be working in a couple of months.

To make this a little easier I decided it was time to purchase something I have wanted for years..... An Airstream
Classic 31.
There is just something about riveted aluminum, and I get to live in it!

Jay, do you have a 30 amp hook up outside?

Michelle

Wow, should be able to relocate a few of those equity dollars along with you....

Actually the 81 acres in Montana will be about a dead swap for what I clear for my property in VA.
Then.... I have to build a hangar and a house.

Michelle

81 acres would be about right ;-)

--
Dan DeVillers
http://www.ameritech.net/users/ddevillers/start.html

..

Old February 14th 06, 03:50 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning,alt.rv.airstream

Well things are certainly changing around Michelle's household.
A contract on dream property in Montana (room for my airplane too),
putting my house in Virginia on the market and I have no idea where I am
going to be working in a couple of months.

Am I the first to volunteer to fly your aircraft to join you at your new
home?
Old February 14th 06, 04:21 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

("Michelle" wrote)
I love it. Actually My new house will be in forest fire area. One design
criteria will be a non-flammable exterior.

http://www.monolithic.com/
Monolithic Dome Homes + Hangars

http://www.monolithic.com/gallery/ho...ill/index.html
For sale in Montana