Ferry Pilot Down

Old February 15th 08, 06:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

Default Ferry Pilot Down

wrote in :

Jim Logajan wrote:
wrote:
[...] he could give a crap less
what anyone thinks of him and just says what he feels without
having the need to justify it.

Looks like a fallacy, specifically: special pleading:

Why is that justification considered valid when applied to an
anonymous poster like Bertie but not valid when applied to a poster
who uses his real name like Jay?

I never said it was or anything about anonymous posters.

As far as I can tell Jay has just as much right to "give a crap less
what anyone thinks of him" and just say what he feels about "Bertie"
without having to justify it.

I never said he didn't.

Bottom line:

Jay said Bertie is a troll.

I said Bertie is something else.

I'm kinda both. I used to reserve the Bertie handle strictly for
trolling but got lazy once in here harassing Anthony and started using
it to make sensible posts as well.
Thing is, the concept of a troll is widely misunderstood. I believe I
explained it well earlier in this thread. Without a trollee though ,
there are no trolls. You have to have someone as idiotic as Jay as a
target or there is no point. This does not mean that ignoring me works.
That tactic is just one more step along the way.
I can tell you from experience that a good troll is never deterred by
that. Jay hasn't actually killfiled me and I know it, for one thing, and
even if he left usenet forever I could pull his chain just by living
longer than him at this stage. He's mine forever now, so he might as wel
stay and get his ass kicked in the open than in his limited imagination.

Bertie
Old February 15th 08, 06:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.fan.bertie-the-bunyip,alt.aviation.kooks
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

Jim Logajan wrote in
:

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
Once I hace a trollee shrieking, I can generally expose ever more of
his idiocy or hypocrisy simply by pushing all the right buttons.

Mxsmanic was your target, right?

Originally.

Thanks to your magnanimous (or self-
centered) gesture everyone but the target is shrieking.

Nope, only a handful are shrieking.

All buttons,
right and wrong, appear to have been pushed.

I never hit a wrong button. I use a checklist.

Good work - I think your work here is done! :-)

Nope, everyone is a potential target,

Bertie
Old February 15th 08, 06:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

Jim Logajan wrote in
:

wrote:
Jim Logajan wrote:
wrote:
[...] he could give a crap less
what anyone thinks of him and just says what he feels without
having the need to justify it.

Looks like a fallacy, specifically: special pleading:

Why is that justification considered valid when applied to an
anonymous poster like Bertie but not valid when applied to a poster
who uses his real name like Jay?

I never said it was or anything about anonymous posters.

Ah, okay. It was a rhetorical question anyway. Doesn't seem to have
made the point I intended.

As far as I can tell Jay has just as much right to "give a crap less
what anyone thinks of him" and just say what he feels about "Bertie"
without having to justify it.

I never said he didn't.

True enough. I thought your post was intended as a defense of Bertie,
but in retrospect it is just an observation. Mea culpa.

I need no defense. My actions don't require it.

Bottom line:

Jay said Bertie is a troll.

I said Bertie is something else.

I hear New Zealand thinks differently. ;-)

Me, I think I should stifle my temptation to jump into these
personality debates.

Why? I think they're great.

Bertie

Bertie

Old February 15th 08, 07:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Larry Dighera

Default Candidate For Quote Of The Week (Was: Ferry Pilot Down)

Candidate For Quote Of The Week:

On Fri, 15 Feb 2008 18:32:04 -0000, Jim Logajan
wrote in :

Me, I think I should stifle my temptation to jump into these personality
debates.

(This is applicable to all except those who want to fan the flames;
don't take it personally, Jim.)
Old February 15th 08, 07:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

Larry Dighera wrote in
:

wrote in :

Me, I think I should stifle my temptation to jump into these personality
debates.

(This is applicable to all except those who want to fan the flames;
don't take it personally, Jim.)

I could wallpaper the taj mahal with posts like both of these.

Conflict like this is a fact of life. Imagining you can stop it is a waste
of that life..

Bertie
Old February 15th 08, 07:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

Larry Dighera wrote in
:

wrote in :

Me, I think I should stifle my temptation to jump into these personality
debates.

(This is applicable to all except those who want to fan the flames;
don't take it personally, Jim.)

Oh sorry Lar. I dodn't notice you were the poster. You have no life so you
can't waste it.

Carry on.

Bertie
Old February 15th 08, 08:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
WingFlaps

On Feb 16, 7:38*am, Bertie the Bunyip wrote:

I can tell you from experience that a good troll is never deterred by
that. Jay hasn't actually killfiled me and I know it, for one thing, and
even if he left usenet forever I could pull his chain just by living
longer than him at this stage. He's mine forever now, so he might as wel
stay and get his ass kicked in the open than in his limited imagination.

Say it is not so Bertie, is there no hope of redemption from the hell
you espouse?
Is there no crutch among thine armaments for the crippled?

Cheers

Old February 15th 08, 09:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Al G[_1_]

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message
.. .
wrote in :

Jim Logajan wrote:
wrote:
[...]

So, first it's MX and the Rabbit. Then Jay & Thomas. Who's next?

Where does it end? Will you re-make the world in your image?

Do you just keep building windmills?

Frankly, I don't give a damn, but you leave a lot of muck to wade
through and I miss folks like MontBlack.

You are getting to be kinda like a boil, not very important, but a pain
in the ass.

Al G

Old February 15th 08, 09:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

"Al G" wrote in
:

Jim Logajan wrote:
wrote:
[...]

Why, you volunteering? Step right up. First lesson, it's a bit like
hypnosis. There are no unwilling victims.

Where does it end? Will you re-make the world in your image?

With any luck.

Do you just keep building windmills?

Windmills? nope. Wrong model.

Frankly, I don't give a damn,

Obviously.

but you leave a lot of muck to wade
through and I miss folks like MontBlack.

Hey, I do seem o remember recommending a killfile.

You are getting to be kinda like a boil, not very important, but a
pain
in the ass.

Now that's disappointing, I was aiming for lypoma

Bertie

Mustangs of Old, concluded - US-WAF Ferry pilot Florene Watson.jpg (1/1) Mitchell Holman Aviation Photos 0 December 30th 06 03:53 AM
F4U-5 ferry range [email protected] Naval Aviation 2 January 31st 06 04:02 AM
An EAC ferry to Red Flag Maurice Hendriks Naval Aviation 0 September 11th 05 11:04 PM
Ferry Permit? Mackfly Soaring 7 March 9th 04 02:23 AM
Ferry Pilot Needed Seattle to Dallas Flynn Owning 2 September 10th 03 02:31 PM