Teach W to fly

Old May 16th 06, 03:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Teach W to fly

I have become so totally disgusted and discouraged with the political
situation in the United States that the mere mention of the word lawyer to
me sends me into a rage. My wife has bought me something called a bad call
brick (nerf material) that I can throw with all my might into the television
screen every time a lawyer or politician appears. :-)
I have been reduced to pulling the handle on the voting machine after
considering which politician is lying to me and will hurt my country the
least.
I can't even discuss politics any more.
Dudley

"Jim Macklin" wrote in message
What he said wasn't wrong or improper in any way, except the
news media took the words "major combat" and turned that
into "war's over" and they kept repeating it, 24/7.

What I like most about GW is that when he needs to be seen
in a "roughing it" setting, he goes to his closet and gets
out a daily work outfit. He'd even looked "right" in his
flight suit on the carrier.
But Clinton, Gore et al had to send a rush FedEx over-night
order to LL Bean. I thought they almost looked like Minnie
Pearl with the price tags on the cuffs.

I have many complaints against GW, no vetoes,
McCain-Feingold lead my list. But I think he is so honest
and open, If I could, I'd vote for him again. But as I've
written the Whitehouse on many occasions, Cheney {another
person I really like] should step down just after the
November elections. GW should appoint Condi as VP. That
would make Condi the most qualified person to run for
President in 2008. I like her.

Jim
"Dudley Henriques" wrote in message
news |
| "Jim Macklin" wrote
in message

| I just wish he'd said "We won't be flying bombers from
| Missouri to Iraq on a daily basis, you guys got the
| immediate job done, now we win the peace.,"
|
| Boy, if you only knew how many times I've echoed that
sentiment!!!

Old May 16th 06, 04:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Send the award to POB 12603, 67277

. 121...

Old May 16th 06, 04:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

See is solidly pro-Second Amendment because she knows first
hand about self-defense and political power. That means she
is OK on all issues, from taxes to national defense.

--
James H. Macklin
ATP,CFI,A&P

some support

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
oups.com...
| GW should appoint Condi as VP. That
| would make Condi the most qualified person to run for
| President in 2008. I like her.
|
| Agreed -- but what, exactly, are her politics?
|
| In typical diplomatic fashion, Condi Rice plays that
pretty tight.
| She's definitely a bright, classy lady -- but I'm hard
pressed to tell
| you what she stands for...or against. And I think she
want it that

Old May 16th 06, 04:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

And don't forget about Ken Hamblin!

"Matt Barrow" wrote in message

| "Jay Honeck" wrote in message

oups.com...
| GW should appoint Condi as VP. That
| would make Condi the most qualified person to run for
| President in 2008. I like her.
|
| Agreed -- but what, exactly, are her politics?
|
| In typical diplomatic fashion, Condi Rice plays that
pretty tight.
| She's definitely a bright, classy lady -- but I'm hard
pressed to tell
| you what she stands for...or against. And I think she
want it that
| way...for now.
|
| From what I can tell, she's a moderate Republican, which
means her politics
| are fuzzy in the extreme (of course, it's the same for the
other branches of
| Republicans).
|

| The next presidential election will be interesting, to
say the least.

| I like Condi, but she has ZERO executive experience.
Interestingly, I'd
| really like Tom Sowell or Walter Williams to run, but
neither of them has
| executive experience, either. If guts was the primary
qualification, all

Old May 16th 06, 04:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

I have a good friend who is a lawyer. He calls most of the
other lawyers "corporate whores." He is also now a State
Senator and primarily responsible for passage of the new
Kansas CCW law. He may be governor someday. He loves
lawyer jokes, his favorite...
How many lawyers does it take to grease a combine?
Only one, unless he's skinny.

He has an associate who told me this one...
A Boston lawyer was in New Orleans on business, the second
day in town he visited a house of ill repute. The Madam
asked what they could do for him. He replied that he was
looking for a girl.
She said, "That's what we do here, we have lots of lovely
young girls."
He said, "I'm looking for a special girl, blonde, 25, 5 foot
5 inches, 127 pounds, 39-25-37"
"That's sounds like our Charlotte."
"Well trot her out so I can see if she's the girl I'm
looking for."
"I have to warn you, Charlotte is our most popular and
expensive girl, $1,000 an hour."
"The cost doesn't matter if she's the girl I'm looking for."
Well Charlotte was the girl and out lawyer paid the $1,000
and spent an hour with Charlotte. He came back every day
five days in a row to see Charlotte. On the fifth day,
Charlotte said, "Mister, I've had repeat business before,
but nobody comes five days in a row, what is your story?"
"I'm an attorney from Boston.."
"BOSTON, I've got family in Boston!"
"No, not anymore, your grandmother died and left you $5,000"

The moral to this tale, If there is money involved a lawyer
will screw you.

"Dudley Henriques" wrote in message
nk.net...
|I have become so totally disgusted and discouraged with the
political
| situation in the United States that the mere mention of
the word lawyer to
| me sends me into a rage. My wife has bought me something
called a bad call
| brick (nerf material) that I can throw with all my might
into the television
| screen every time a lawyer or politician appears. :-)
| I have been reduced to pulling the handle on the voting
machine after
| considering which politician is lying to me and will hurt
my country the
| least.
| I can't even discuss politics any more.
| Dudley
|
| "Jim Macklin" wrote
in message
| What he said wasn't wrong or improper in any way, except
the
| news media took the words "major combat" and turned that
| into "war's over" and they kept repeating it, 24/7.
|
| What I like most about GW is that when he needs to be
seen
| in a "roughing it" setting, he goes to his closet and
gets
| out a daily work outfit. He'd even looked "right" in
his
| flight suit on the carrier.
| But Clinton, Gore et al had to send a rush FedEx
over-night
| order to LL Bean. I thought they almost looked like
Minnie
| Pearl with the price tags on the cuffs.
|
| I have many complaints against GW, no vetoes,
| McCain-Feingold lead my list. But I think he is so
honest
| and open, If I could, I'd vote for him again. But as
I've
| written the Whitehouse on many occasions, Cheney
{another
| person I really like] should step down just after the
| November elections. GW should appoint Condi as VP.
That
| would make Condi the most qualified person to run for
| President in 2008. I like her.
|
| Jim
| "Dudley Henriques" wrote in
message

news | |
| | "Jim Macklin"
wrote
| in message
| |
| | I just wish he'd said "We won't be flying bombers
from
| | Missouri to Iraq on a daily basis, you guys got the
| | immediate job done, now we win the peace.,"
| |
| | Boy, if you only knew how many times I've echoed that
| sentiment!!!
| |
| | Dudley
| |
| |

Old May 16th 06, 04:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"Dudley Henriques" wrote in message
nk.net...
I have become so totally disgusted and discouraged with the political
situation in the United States that the mere mention of the word lawyer to
me sends me into a rage. My wife has bought me something called a bad call
brick (nerf material) that I can throw with all my might into the
television screen every time a lawyer or politician appears. :-)

DO NOT CLEAN FIREARMS while watching TV.

I have been reduced to pulling the handle on the voting machine after
considering which politician is lying to me and will hurt my country the
least.
I can't even discuss politics any more.
Dudley

2004 was the first year I declined to vote since I turned eighteen. I refuse
to sanction any of the hucksters that plead "public service" (Don't ****
down my back and tell me it's raining).

Old May 16th 06, 04:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

And don't forget about Ken Hamblin!

Ken Hamblin is a phoney! HE got bounced from his newspaper job in Denver for
plagerizing material, then was making up copious loads of BS for his radio
show (such as voting for JFK in 1960, when he was not yet 20 years old).

Sowell and Williams are highly intelligent, knowledgeable and articulate.
They both have a great grasp at how things really work and are not afraid to
call a spade a spade.

Other than for scholarship work, they've never run anything larger than a
college department. Of course, most of our presidential candidates are from
the Senate and have run nothing even that large.

Old May 16th 06, 04:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

See is solidly pro-Second Amendment because she knows first
hand about self-defense and political power. That means she
is OK on all issues, from taxes to national defense.

And the reverse would be John McCain?

Ain't so easy!

--
James H. Macklin
ATP,CFI,A&P

Old May 16th 06, 07:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

I think McCain suffered some brain-washing while in VN, he
hasn't been on my A,B or C list for a long time. He
supports gun control, does not support free speech. He
performed heroically on the carrier after the explosion and
fire [don't remember the carrier name off hand, the film is
spectacular and very scary]. But since his return, he has
been a loose cannon.

Almost every politician speaks of "support for the Second
Amendment and hunters" but many vote otherwise. I have
found that with one exception, solidly pro-gun, Second
Amendment supporters are reasonable and will listen about
all other issues, the anti-gun people have their minds made
up on a whole range of subjects in way that I find
objectionable.

some support

"Matt Barrow" wrote in message

| "Jim Macklin" wrote
in message

Old May 16th 06, 09:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"Matt Barrow" wrote in
:

Snipola
2004 was the first year I declined to vote since I turned eighteen. I
refuse to sanction any of the hucksters that plead "public service"
(Don't **** down my back and tell me it's raining).

I agree. I've given up voting as well. I do not believe in "vote
for the lesser of two evils". When there's someone worth my vote,
then I'll vote for them.

I think we should take a clue from "Brewsters Millions" and add
a "none of the above" category that get's counted. I guarantee
you that the NOTA category would win by a landslide...hmmm...
landslide might not be a big enough word. It would dramatically
demonstrate the lack of confidence we have in those running for
office.

And no, a write in is not acceptable either, as a write in
candidate must be a "valid" candidate already. Write in candidates
also don't get put on the ballot in every state, so in reality they
have no chance of ever winning anyway.

Writing in a candidate that has not been previously validated, such
as "mickey mouse" gets your ballot thrown away and completely
uncounted. It's the same as having never voted.

Brian
Sed quis custodiet ipsos Custodes?