More Sportplanes Hype

Old September 22nd 05, 10:46 PM
Richard Isakson

"Gordon Arnaut" wrote in message
Oh yeah, the "other" Bob Hoover, another sore loser from past disputes

about
technical matters. Just like Springer and some of the other heel-nippers

who
think it's cute to launch some kind of pathetic little darts at me, rather
than engage in discussion of the topic at hand.

Of course, they're not used to actually engaging in meaningful discussion.
They only come here for pointless banter and adolescent guffaws.

What exactly is your point Hoover? Oh, you don't have one? Gee I didn't
think so.

Gordon,

The simple fact that shows up through all your writting here on RAH is you
don't know what you're talking about. Like all reporters you merely parrot
the word others have written without any true understanding of them.

Rich

Old September 23rd 05, 12:07 AM

Gordon Arnaut wrote:

What exactly is your point Hoover?

For those not familiar with the laws of economics, in a free market,
price is determined by the amount someone is willing to pay for a
particular item or service.

-R.S.Hoover

Old September 23rd 05, 12:13 AM
Gordon Arnaut

Yes, but does it matter how many people are going to buy said item at a
particular price point?

So far, almost nobody is buying these planes at the prices they are seeking
to get. That's pretty much the proof of the pudding right there.

Regards,

Gordon.

wrote in message
oups.com...

Old September 23rd 05, 12:23 AM
Gordon Arnaut

If you don't like what I'm saying, why don't you challenge the substance of
my message?

Can't summon up the wherewithal to do that? I didn't think so.

I remember the "you don't know what you're talking about" retort from
primary school. Very impressive. What are you going to pull out next from
your awsome rheotircal quiver, "you're a big, fat liar," or "I'm going to
tell my mommy."

Keep up the smashing work.

Usually I don't even bother to respond to these substance-free messages, but
I sometimes enjoy swatting pesky flies.

Regards,

Gordon.

Old September 23rd 05, 03:19 AM
Jerry Springer

I think you are protesting to much Arnaut, I was merely trying to learn
about your experience of ownership or building experience. Just because
you don't like the price of something does not make it a bad thing. You
have been rambling on here for days now. What is your point? You seem to
have some type of beef. BTW what makes them toy airplane? What is your
definition of "TOY AIRPLANE?" Are they any more of a toy than my RV-6?
Are the any more of a toy than say a Taylorcraft etc.?

Jerry

Gordon Arnaut wrote:
Yes, but does it matter how many people are going to buy said item at a
particular price point?

So far, almost nobody is buying these planes at the prices they are seeking
to get. That's pretty much the proof of the pudding right there.

Regards,

Gordon.

wrote in message
oups.com...

Old September 23rd 05, 05:19 AM
Morgans

"Jerry Springer" wrote in message

Gordon, remind us again what it is that you have built or fly or own?

You all also might remember gordon's attacks on me, after me saying "bull"
to some of his assertions.

My advice? Put him in the kill file, quickly, and don't look back. He
won't be missed, nor will his bits of wisdom, or lack thereof.
--
Jim in NC

Old September 23rd 05, 06:03 AM
Anthony W

Morgans wrote:

You all also might remember gordon's attacks on me, after me saying "bull"
to some of his assertions.

My advice? Put him in the kill file, quickly, and don't look back. He
won't be missed, nor will his bits of wisdom, or lack thereof.

Good advice. However I was beginning to think he was related to zooom.

Tony
Old September 23rd 05, 02:46 PM
Gordon Arnaut

Jerry,

You know the restrictions on sportplanes. They cannot provide the same
utility as a certified airplane -- they are for "sport flying" only -- hence
the "toy" descriptor, which, while not complimentary is not unduly unfair
either.

With your RV6, you can fly it IFR if you have the needed equipment. With a
sportplane, you can't even fly after dark.

There is also the sensory aspect. Look at my comments about the Zlin
aerobat. An airplane that has a solidity about it in every part that you
touch gives off a special kind of satisfaction and confidence. A lot of
these sportplanes are quite flimsy especially the tactile items in the
cockpit.

The older airplanes that can fall under the sportplane rules can also be
flown without the sportplane restrictions, as long as you have a medical. So
it is not a direct comparison. But yeah, these are very basic small palnes
that don't exactly overwhelm you with feelings of solidity either.

Nothing wrong with that, but it is a factor. People don't expect to pay
$50,000 for an ultralight, and they don't expect to pay $100,000 for what is
basically an inflated version of the same thing.

Regards,

Gordon.

Gordon Arnaut wrote:
Yes, but does it matter how many people are going to buy said item at a
particular price point?

So far, almost nobody is buying these planes at the prices they are
seeking to get. That's pretty much the proof of the pudding right there.

Regards,

Gordon.

wrote in message
oups.com...

Old September 23rd 05, 02:59 PM
Gordon Arnaut

Ahh, the little flying flea pops up to throw in his little non-opinion.

As usual he has zero to contribute to the discussion. He just wants his
little flea-like voice to be heard -- so he knows he's still alive.

I suppose there is a pre-school element here that appreciates these
developmentally-challenged attempts at participating in a debate.
Fortunately they are usually quickly pacified after they've had their happy
meal and their nappy time -- so they don't cause a major disruption in the
big scheme of things.

Except for little flying flea here, who has been known to be a persistent
irritant. I think this will be the extent of his participation in this
thread though. He has exhausted his intellectual capacity with that one
sentence.

Regards,

Gordon.

Old September 23rd 05, 03:04 PM
Mark Hickey

"Gordon Arnaut" wrote:

You know the restrictions on sportplanes. They cannot provide the same
utility as a certified airplane -- they are for "sport flying" only -- hence
the "toy" descriptor, which, while not complimentary is not unduly unfair
either.

With your RV6, you can fly it IFR if you have the needed equipment. With a
sportplane, you can't even fly after dark.

When I moved to Arizona, I had to get a specialized motorcycle permit
to ride a bike. They have a temporary license that I could get by
just filling out a form, allowing me to ride my motorcycle with
certain exceptions - including avoiding interstates and riding after
dark.

My question is - did my BMW K100RS 1000cc sport touring bike become a
"toy" during the period I had that temporary license?

Mark Hickey