Rocket Racing League

Old October 5th 05, 08:31 AM
Ron Wanttaja

On Wed, 05 Oct 2005 01:24:41 -0500, "Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired"
wrote:

Campbell and Kindred Spirits Press (his book company) was sued in 2000 by a
company called Mcnaughton and Gunn, a book-printing company. He lost, appealed,
was denied, and filed another appeal. The last appeal was turned down when he
never actually filed paperwork explaining the *reason* for the appeal.

To read the court orders, go to:

http://ori2.polk-county.net/wb_or1/or_sch_1.asp

and enter "Mcnaughton & Gunn" for the search term.

The judgement was over $3,000.

Ron Wanttaja

What was the suit about? The site you gave doesn't say unless I'm
doing something wrong.

No, the specific claims in the suit are available only by requesting the court
documents, which I haven't bothered to do in this case. The "Action" entry is
merely "Damages." However, if you look at the initial court order in the case,
it says that "Principal Balance Due: $2,694.69" and "Interest accrued to date:
$522.60". I think it's a good assumption that the suit was over an unpaid bill.
See the judgement yourself at:

http://ori2.polk-county.net/wb_or1/d...doc _status=V

.... by clicking the 'get image' button. When you see that the court costs
claimed were only $160, it's obvious this wasn't a very complex case.

Ron Wanttaja
Old October 5th 05, 02:13 PM
Cy Galley

ANN Editor-In-Chief,
Jim Campbell, has also recently been selected by the X
PRIZE-inspired Rocket Racing League to be one
of four founding pilots, along with Rick Searfoss, Sean Tucker
and Erik Lindbergh, to command the forthcoming new generation of
Mark 1 Rocket Racers which will debut at next year's X Prize Cup
event.

"Robert Yoder" wrote in message
Ron Wanttaja wrote:
Oh, I don't know. This is probably a match made in heaven for Dr.
Diamandis.
He wants uncritical, fawning coverage of his activities, and he gets it
with
probably no more than a kind word and a hint that Zoom will get a free
ride into
space (eventually).

Round trip, or one-way?
(I can hope, can't I?)

ry

Old October 6th 05, 04:05 PM
Your Name Here

You'll notice that zoom put his name first on the list when he published
the
story and names on ANN LOL!! We're getting closer and closer to the the
script
of "the Amazing Adventures of Capt Zoom in Outer Space" . Can't wait till
zoom
"test" flys one and loops,rolls and spins while pulling 10 g's LOL!!!

Why not? Other than the League of Women Voters, Little League, and 2,000
Leagues Under the Sea, the only other leagues that come readily to mind are
organizations of fictitious super heroes. Ok. There was the League of
Nations, but it was another grandiose failure.

Old October 6th 05, 04:29 PM
Your Name Here

I was told once that you can tell the quality of a person by the
quality of those he associates with. I am now very suspect of Dr.
Diamandis.

I don't know why. You can't fault him for affording professional courtesy
to another MD who shares his passion for flying.

Old October 6th 05, 06:11 PM
John Ousterhout

ChuckSlusarczyk wrote:
In article Ffv0f.391674$x96.305016@attbi_s72, John Ousterhout says...

I have a copy of this one (but I never asked Zoom for an autograph).

"Flyers Guide to Ultralights", by Jim Campbell
TAB Books Inc, 1985, ISBN 0-8306-2376-0

Of interest to many is this excerpt from the book:

BEGIN QUOTE

There are few people in the ultralight community who can claim to have
done as much for ultralight aviation as has Chuck Slusarczyk. Starting
back in the early days of the hang-gliding movement, Chuck has grown and
developed along with the entire movement. He was one of the first to
adapt and market power systems for hang gliders and helped to usher in a
far more progressive era for this sport by designing and marketing the
first of the "looks like a real airplane" style ultralight air vehicles.
Even more surprising is the fact that he has done this without having
to alienate the rest of an overly competitive industry. His sense of
humor, fairness, and propriety have made him one of this sports more
endearing participants.

END QUOTE

Gee John where did I go astray?

I believe it was when you stopped buying advertisements in Zoom's
'magazine'. Look at how well those who continued to advertise were treated.

- John Ousterhout -
http://ousterhout.net/zoom.html

Old October 6th 05, 06:16 PM
John Ousterhout

Cy Galley wrote:
ANN Editor-In-Chief,
Jim Campbell, has also recently been selected by the X
PRIZE-inspired Rocket Racing League to be one
of four founding pilots, along with Rick Searfoss, Sean Tucker
and Erik Lindbergh, to command the forthcoming new generation of
Mark 1 Rocket Racers which will debut at next year's X Prize Cup
event.

Zoom to fly a rocket in a race! What BRAVO SIERRA!

If Jim Campbell ever is (solo) pilot of a rocket in a race then I'll
issue a public apology.

- John (longshot) Ousterhout -
Old October 6th 05, 07:28 PM

One interesting concept is if they would have a demonstration at Sun
n Fun. The mooz will have to watch with binoculars from the parking
lot. I don't think that the good Doctor can change the fact that Sun n
Fun is a zzzoom free zone.

Walt Troyer should come out of retirement to M.C. this event. I can
see it now,"let me introduce the four founding pilots of the Rocket
Racing League. From left to right on the announcing stand Eric
Lindbergh, Rick Searfoss, Sean Tucker and observing from the Polk
County Parkway captain zzzoom."

Frank M. Hitlaw
Jakarta, Indonesia

Old October 7th 05, 01:53 AM
Cy Galley

I found 21 books with "Jim Campbell" None in aviation

ALL Children's books! GRIN

ups.com...