How to complete a 337?

Old August 24th 09, 02:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Ron

Default How to complete a 337?

On Aug 23, 8:53*pm, "Peter Dohm" wrote:

To add just a little more, and with the understanding that I am a former
avionics technician and have never been a mechanic--much less an IA--my
understanding is that a form 337 is a return to service following a major
repair or a modification that was not sufficient to require an STC.

A 337 is required even if there is an STC. If the change is a major
modification/alteration, effectively that it's not in compliance with
the original certificated design, then you need the 337. Now the
approved data may be a STC or it could be some other "data
acceptable to the administrator."

*In
effect, the modification or repair should not alter the original operating
limitations of the aircraft, which would require that issuance of an STC;
but may alter the weight and balance calculations for the specific aircraft.

A change in the empty weight / balance isn't a major modification
by the way. Only, those things that alter the envelope limits.

You might want to peruse Part 43 appendix A as to what
is considered "major."
Old August 24th 09, 05:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
jan olieslagers[_2_]

Morgans schreef:

"jan olieslagers" wrote in message
Michael Horowitz schreef:

Can someone point me to a reference describing how to complete the
"Description of Work Accomplished" section of a 337? I have seen maybe
a dozen completed 337s and they appear to be all over the map!

You meaning a Cessna Skymaster or what? I never knew that to be
homebuilt, neither from plans or kits?

In case you are serious about this question, I will attempt to shed
light on the subject. If you are joking, sorry; it went over my head! g

I recall you are not from the United States, and may be unaware of the
FAA forms system.

Not only am I a non-US-an indeed, and thus not aware of whatever
document/procedure issued/required by whatever US administation; on top
of being non-aware I am not interested, and should be grateful for being
informed if posts are not about homebuilding in general but just limited
to one particular country.

There seems a general tendency for all the rec.aviation groups to be
considered US-only by US-ans ; somewhat frustrating to people who like
to consider the US of A just one country (though a big and mighty and
beautiful one *) in one big world.

And yes I know the vast majority of participants ARE from the US - that
other great country of homebuilding, France, doesn't much like using
foreign languages but then neither do the US-ns themselves...

Please let's not start any political discussions, may I only request
clear postings. Thanks to all.

KA

*and one to which we are deeply indebted: in the 20th century, we needed
the USA to get us out of deep ****. Plus the Marshall plan plus the cold
war, both helped us to avoid communist revolutions. Thank you indeed,
Uncle Sam!

Complete HP-18 Sailplane Kit Wayne Paul Aviation Marketplace 0 August 17th 06 04:34 PM
Complete HP-18 Sailplane Kit Wayne Paul Home Built 0 August 17th 06 04:31 PM
Complete HP-18 Kit Wayne Paul Soaring 0 August 17th 06 04:31 PM
For Sale: L-Nav, Gps-Nav, complete [email protected] Soaring 0 November 22nd 05 12:23 PM
Complete Idiots? John Galban Piloting 1 July 1st 04 06:14 PM