ID this video, please

Old January 3rd 06, 04:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default ID this video, please

http://www.alexisparkinn.com/photoga...er_Bridge.mpeg

I'm receiving conflicting reports on where/when/who this aerobatic
performance took place. Does anyone know for sure?

Thanks,
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old January 3rd 06, 08:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
oups.com...
http://www.alexisparkinn.com/photoga...er_Bridge.mpeg

I'm receiving conflicting reports on where/when/who this aerobatic
performance took place. Does anyone know for sure?

I can't say for sure, but it looks a heck of a lot like the first Red Bull
"air race", which if I recall was held somewhere in Europe (yeah, I
know...doesn't narrow it down much).

The "when" would have been a couple of years ago, if I recall correctly. A
Google search on Red Bull would probably turn up the exact date (possibly on
the Red Bull web site, even).

Pete

Old January 3rd 06, 08:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

http://www.jkairys.com/index2.htm

regards
wolfgang, loww, vie

*** WIEN_SCHWECHAT VIE/LOWW
SALOWW 031950Z 33013KT 9999 FEW017 BKN043 BKN080 02/00 Q1025 NOSIG
8819//95=

Old January 3rd 06, 08:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

http://www.redbull.com/
see SPORTS and then AIRBORNE

regards
wolfgang, loww, vie

Old January 3rd 06, 08:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

wrote in message
ups.com...
http://www.jkairys.com/index2.htm

regards
wolfgang, loww, vie

What he meant to write was "the video is of Jurgis Kairys, of his flight
under a bridge in Kaunas, Lithuania, in 2001".

Old January 4th 06, 09:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

What he meant to write was "the video is of Jurgis Kairys, of his flight
under a bridge in Kaunas, Lithuania, in 2001".

thanks for the translation ;-))

regards from loww, vie, austria
wolfgang

Old January 4th 06, 12:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Somehow I suspect that the Lithuanian "FAA" had not been contacted for
permission before the flight...
Maybe the two inspectors who grounded Hoover could be sent over there
to declare that this pilot's skill levels are too poor to allow
flight...
denny

Old January 4th 06, 01:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Thanks, all, for the info. I've added it to the site.

(Which, incidentally, I've refurbished a bit. This little page on our
hotel's site has *really* taken off, with new videos coming in almost every
day. I finally got so danged many that I had to categorize them. I've also
added more links to NTSB reports, etc. See all of the videos -- and sound
files -- at http://alexisparkinn.com/aviation_videos.htm )
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA
oups.com...

Old January 4th 06, 05:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Denny wrote:

Somehow I suspect that the Lithuanian "FAA" had not been contacted for
permission before the flight...

Judging from the large group of spectators lining the river, I suspect that the
stunt was not only approved but was widely publicized in advance.

George Patterson
Coffee is only a way of stealing time that should by rights belong to
your slightly older self.
Old January 4th 06, 06:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"George Patterson" wrote in message
Judging from the large group of spectators lining the river, I suspect
that
the stunt was not only approved but was widely publicized in advance.

Nah...the pilot chose the annual Festival of Pooh Sticks (not limited to
Lithuania, but quite popular there). All those people were lined up on the
river and bridge to toss their sticks in, and were quite surprised by the
impromptu airshow.

Eeyore was overheard saying, "oh, he'll probably crash the airplane; at
least we will be able to get back to our game".