Humour airplanes and women

Old January 14th 06, 04:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Humour airplanes and women

1) Airplanes usually kill you quickly - a woman takes her time.

2) Airplanes can be turned on by a flick of a switch.

3) Airplanes don't get mad if you do a 'touch and go.'

4) Airplanes don't object to a pre-flight inspection.

5) Airplanes come with manuals to explain their operation.

6) Airplanes have strict weight and balance limitations.

7) Airplanes can be flown any time of the month.

8 ) Airplanes don't come with in-laws.

9) Airplanes don't care about how many other airplanes you've flown before.

10) Airplanes and pilots both arrive at the same time .

11) Airplanes don't mind if you look at other airplanes.

12) Airplanes don't mind if you buy airplane magazines.

13) Airplanes expect to be tied down.

14) Airplanes don't comment on your piloting skills.

15) Airplanes don't whine unless something is really wrong.

16) However, when airplanes go quiet, just like women, it's usually not
good.

Old January 14th 06, 06:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"Chris" wrote in message
[...]

And people wonder why so few women participate in aviation.

I'd like to see someone write a similar "joke" about "airplanes and men" and
post it here. Now *that* would be funny.

Old January 14th 06, 07:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Peter Duniho wrote:
"Chris" wrote in message

[...]

And people wonder why so few women participate in aviation.

I'd like to see someone write a similar "joke" about "airplanes and men" and
post it here. Now *that* would be funny.

Yes it feels so good to be politically correct.

Cool off a bit Peter it's only a joke.
Old January 14th 06, 08:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"Arketip" wrote in message
Yes it feels so good to be politically correct.

Cool off a bit Peter it's only a joke.

Ahh yes, the old "we can be as ignorant and insulting as we want, all we
have to do is accuse our detractors of being politically correct" tactic.

Well, screw you. People bitch and whine about how aviation is dying on the
vine, and yet the industry basically excludes 50% of the population, through
a variety of means but very much including this sort of sexism.

If and when pilots can author and laugh at a similar list written about
airplanes and men, then perhaps you can defend yourself against political
correctness. Until then, this is just one more example of the rampant
sexism that exists in the aviation industry.

You can take your accusation of "political correctness" and shove it up your
ass. As anyone who knows me knows, I am the last person one could
rightfully accuse of that. I'm more than happy to skewer anyone anytime,
regardless of race, gender, creed, etc.

But I'm also willing to call a spade a spade. The post wasn't even all that
funny, and it was very much representative of the prehistoric attitudes one
finds so prevalent in aviation. As long as idiots like you continue to
think there's some amusement to be found in this sort of thing, aviation
will always be one of those things that's all about the "boy's club".

So there.

Old January 14th 06, 08:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"Peter Duniho" wrote in message
Well, screw you. People bitch and whine about how aviation is dying on
the vine, and yet the industry basically excludes 50% of the population,
through a variety of means but very much including this sort of sexism.

Ya know? You are stupid, Peter. Just plain stupid. Some things never
change.

While you're lightning up a little, let me let you in on a little secret,
Pete: Men and women are different. Women do some things better than men.
Men do some things better than women. Vive la difference.

--
Jim Fisher

Old January 14th 06, 08:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Peter Duniho wrote:

"Chris" wrote in message

[...]

And people wonder why so few women participate in aviation.

I'd like to see someone write a similar "joke" about "airplanes and men" and
post it here. Now *that* would be funny.

Another joke flies over the head of the politically correct...

Matt
Old January 14th 06, 09:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"Peter Duniho" wrote in
:

"Arketip" wrote in message
Yes it feels so good to be politically correct.

Cool off a bit Peter it's only a joke.

Ahh yes, the old "we can be as ignorant and insulting as we want, all we
have to do is accuse our detractors of being politically correct"
tactic.

Dude....is there nothing anyone can post in this group that you
don't find some way of argue about it? I swear, you are one of
the most argumentative people I've seen in my short stint in
this group.

Well, screw you. People bitch and whine about how aviation is dying on
the vine, and yet the industry basically excludes 50% of the population,
through a variety of means but very much including this sort of sexism.

If and when pilots can author and laugh at a similar list written about
airplanes and men, then perhaps you can defend yourself against
political correctness. Until then, this is just one more example of the
rampant sexism that exists in the aviation industry.

FYI I have seen similar lists comparing both mena and women
to whatever field is common amongst whatever group the joke
is presented in. It's just a variation on a theme, like the
"how many (insert ethnic group here) does it take to (insert
common ordinary function here)?" joke.

Just so you know, women make the same derogatory sexist comments
about guys that we do about them. I used to work someplace where
I was one of the few guys. Believe me, I heard my share of "men
jokes". But you know what? I laughed, because quite honestly,
they were funny. If you can't laugh at yourself, then you've
got "issues". We all knew it was a joke, and no one was offended.

You can take your accusation of "political correctness" and shove it up
your ass. As anyone who knows me knows, I am the last person one could
rightfully accuse of that. I'm more than happy to skewer anyone
anytime, regardless of race, gender, creed, etc.

Ahhh....yes....I was right. See my first paragraph.

But I'm also willing to call a spade a spade. The post wasn't even all
that funny, and it was very much representative of the prehistoric
attitudes one finds so prevalent in aviation. As long as idiots like
you continue to think there's some amusement to be found in this sort of
thing, aviation will always be one of those things that's all about the
"boy's club".

So there.

This reminds me very much of the typical cry of discrimination.
But when push comes to shove, you know who turns out to be doing
the most discriminating? Those who are complaining about it all
the time.

Brian
Sed quis custodiet ipsos Custodes?
Old January 14th 06, 09:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Well my wife thought it was funny when I showed her.

Old January 14th 06, 09:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"Jim" wrote in message
. ..
Ya know? You are stupid, Peter. Just plain stupid. Some things never
change.

Ahh, yes...ad hominem. Now *that*'s something that always works well.

While you're lightning up a little, let me let you in on a little secret,
Pete: Men and women are different.

Some secret. I know they are different.

The original post does a lousy job of identifying those differences, and
what few differences it might accidently hit on, it does a lousy job of
turning them into something amusing.

Old January 14th 06, 09:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Dude....is there nothing anyone can post in this group that you
don't find some way of argue about it? I swear, you are one of
the most argumentative people I've seen in my short stint in
this group.

Agreed...and dare I say it?....would it be politically correct? Would I be
a sexist if I said "He sounds like a woman"?

jf