Saddam in the bag?

Old December 14th 03, 12:00 PM
Cub Driver

Default Saddam in the bag?

Sunday, Dec. 14, 2003
Saddam Hussein has been captured, TIME magazine confirmed. "It's
true," said a U.S. intelligence official in Baghdad about the arrest
of the former dictator. The official wouldn't give any more details
except to confirm that the former dictator had been detained the night
before. He did say the suspect had been positively identified as
Saddam Hussein. Ambassador Paul Bremer is calling together the Iraqi
Governing Council to tell them this afternoon, he said.

Celebratory gunfire erupted across Baghdad as the news of the fallen
Iraqi president's arrest spread across the town. Iraqis showed their
joy that the brutal leader had been detained by firing bursts of
automatic weapons fire into the air.

all the best -- Dan Ford
email:

see the Warbird's Forum at
www.warbirdforum.com
and the Piper Cub Forum at www.pipercubforum.com
Old December 14th 03, 12:31 PM
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

Cub Driver wrote:
Celebratory gunfire erupted across Baghdad as the news of the fallen
Iraqi president's arrest spread across the town. Iraqis showed their
joy that the brutal leader had been detained by firing bursts of
automatic weapons fire into the air.

Are you sure a C-130 wasn't passing overhead at the time? Excellent news all
the same. As the Chinese have said, we live in interesting times.

Personally, I'm delighted they caught that lowlife *******. It's a shame he has
only two testicles to give for his country.

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

http://www.mortimerschnerd.com

Old December 14th 03, 12:43 PM
Cub Driver

Reuters in its wire story confirming Saddam's capture said that this
would be a great boost "for the beleaguered occuation forces."

Beleaguered?

How about that for revealing an agenda?

Incidentally, Paul Bremer now confirms the capture, which evidently
took place on Saturday.

and the Piper Cub Forum at www.pipercubforum.com

all the best -- Dan Ford
email:

see the Warbird's Forum at
www.warbirdforum.com
and the Piper Cub Forum at www.pipercubforum.com
Old December 14th 03, 12:45 PM
Blair Maynard

ABC New website is confirming.

Old December 14th 03, 01:44 PM
C Knowles

"Cub Driver" wrote in message

Reuters in its wire story confirming Saddam's capture said that this
would be a great boost "for the beleaguered occuation forces."

Beleaguered?

How about that for revealing an agenda?

From yourdictionary.com:
1. To harass; beset:
2. To surround with troops; besiege.

~
1. Maybe they meant from the media, etc.
2. They got it backwards, as usual. Understand Saddam was "beleaguered" by
over 600 troops.

Curt

Old December 14th 03, 01:50 PM
George Z. Bush

Mortimer Schnerd, RN wrote:
Cub Driver wrote:
Celebratory gunfire erupted across Baghdad as the news of the fallen
Iraqi president's arrest spread across the town. Iraqis showed their
joy that the brutal leader had been detained by firing bursts of
automatic weapons fire into the air.

Are you sure a C-130 wasn't passing overhead at the time? Excellent news all
the same. As the Chinese have said, we live in interesting times.

Personally, I'm delighted they caught that lowlife *******. It's a shame he
has only two testicles to give for his country.

Would that be some sort of ethnic culinary specialty I've never heard of?
Please tell me.....after all, inquiring minds do want to know! (^-^)))

George Z.

Old December 14th 03, 02:09 PM
Gene Storey

I think it's one of his doubles, and the real SH is working for
Dick Cheney and his oil company.

Old December 14th 03, 02:48 PM
Emmanuel.Gustin

C Knowles wrote:

: From yourdictionary.com:
: 1. To harass; beset:
: 2. To surround with troops; besiege.

Actually the "coalition compound" in Bagdad gets fairly
close to the image of a beleaguered fortress with fortified
walls. (Psychological mistake IMHO, though understandable
from the point of view of security.)

--
Emmanuel Gustin

Old December 14th 03, 07:36 PM
Orval Fairbairn

In article Aa_Cb.857$6l1.139@okepread03,
"Gene Storey" wrote:

I think it's one of his doubles, and the real SH is working for
Dick Cheney and his oil company.

According to all the news services, he's the real McCoy -- DNA tests and
all.
Old December 14th 03, 07:43 PM
Orval Fairbairn

In article ,
"George Z. Bush" wrote:

Mortimer Schnerd, RN wrote:
Cub Driver wrote:
Celebratory gunfire erupted across Baghdad as the news of the fallen
Iraqi president's arrest spread across the town. Iraqis showed their
joy that the brutal leader had been detained by firing bursts of
automatic weapons fire into the air.

Are you sure a C-130 wasn't passing overhead at the time? Excellent news
all
the same. As the Chinese have said, we live in interesting times.

Personally, I'm delighted they caught that lowlife *******. It's a shame
he
has only two testicles to give for his country.

Would that be some sort of ethnic culinary specialty I've never heard of?
Please tell me.....after all, inquiring minds do want to know! (^-^)))

George Z.

It reminds me of the punchline of the old joke about the Spanish
restaurant famous for its Rocky Mountain oysters: "Sometimes, Senor, the
bull -- HE wins!"