OSH Disappointments

Old August 13th 04, 08:55 AM
Janne Blomqvist

In article , G.R. Patterson III wrote:
Jay Honeck wrote:

Suffice it to say that it was a really, really cool Spanish plane, that just
happened to look like every kid's drawing of a Messerschmitt BF (not ME)
109.

Maybe some kid would draw a Bf-109 that poorly, but the differences are dramatic to
anyone who knows what the German plane looks like. Start with the fact that the
exhaust stacks are at the bottom of the plane with the German engine.

Yes, as the real Bf 109 had an inverted V12 engine.

There's also a
40mm cannon in the prop spinner.

Umm, no. There never was a 40 mm cannon. Early versions (Bf 109E) had
two 20 mm cannons in the wings (outside the prop arc) and two 7.9 mm
MG:s on the cowling. Later versions (Bf 109G) had a 20 mm cannon in
the spinner and two 13.1 MG:s on the cowling. Late war versions (Bf
109K) had a 30 mm cannon in the spinner and two 13.1 mm MG:s on the
cowling.

There were some other versions (and subversions marked as e.g. Bf
109E-4) as well, but those three were the main versions produced,
IIRC.

--
Janne Blomqvist
Old August 13th 04, 10:26 AM
Morgans

"MLenoch" wrote in message
"Jay Honeck"

wrote: And then to blow down a couple of tents? What a maroon!
--

MAROON!!!??..........What does color have to do with smartz? (I'm sure

you
meant moron.)
VL

He hasn't watched enough Bugs Bunny, has he Jay? chuckle

The last laugh is on you, MLenoch.
--
Jim in NC

---

Old August 13th 04, 11:10 AM
Steven P. McNicoll

"MLenoch" wrote in message

MAROON!!!??..........What does color have to do with smartz? (I'm sure

you
meant moron.)

You didn't watch enough cartoons.

Old August 13th 04, 12:26 PM
John T

"Steven P. McNicoll" wrote in message
ink.net

You didn't watch enough cartoons.

Or at least didn't watch the good ones.

--
John T
http://tknowlogy.com/TknoFlyer

Old August 13th 04, 01:39 PM
Corky Scott

On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 22:52:00 GMT, "Dave Stadt"
wrote:

Get over it and get on with life. Every ethnic and religious group has been
through the same thing some time in the past. Most of us get over it and
move on. Some wallow in the past and play "woe is me" for centuries and
expect special treatment and reparations. The self pity is getting very
annoying.

Are you black Dave?

Corky Scott
Old August 13th 04, 01:49 PM
Jay Honeck

MAROON!!!??..........What does color have to do with smartz? (I'm sure
you
meant moron.)

Well, Vlado, I guess the others have beat you up enough for this one...

Better watch out, or they'll blast you with a uranium-236 space modulator
next time you fly over...

;-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old August 13th 04, 03:05 PM
Jim Weir

....and the writer of Bugs spent some time in San Diego, where "maroon" was the
local misnunciation of "Marine", who were not considered the rocket scientists
of the area.

Jim

(MLenoch)

-"Jay Honeck"
-

http://www.rst-engr.com
Old August 13th 04, 03:28 PM
Ron Natalie

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message news:hFWSc.139109$eM2.71521@attbi_s51...

What really amazes me is that dolts like this jet-jockey park out in the
North 40 at all -- but not because of his jet blast. I'm just stunned that
a guy who can afford to own a biz-jet would be trying to "slum it" with the
rest of us out in the North 40, which is an area reserved for grass-roots
aviation.

Because the real grass-roots stuff is in the Showplane area. The north 40
is for the wannabees and other slummers.

Old August 13th 04, 03:30 PM
Ron Natalie

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message news:VN2Tc.281121$JR4.197909@attbi_s54...
MAROON!!!??..........What does color have to do with smartz? (I'm sure

you
meant moron.)

Well, Vlado, I guess the others have beat you up enough for this one...

Better watch out, or they'll blast you with a uranium-236 space modulator
next time you fly over...

Being disintegrated makes me very angry. Very angry indeed.

Old August 13th 04, 04:08 PM
Martin X. Moleski, SJ

On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 10:28:57 -0400, "Ron Natalie"
wrote:

Because the real grass-roots stuff is in the Showplane area. ...

Ron--were you coordinating volunteers in the Vintage area this
year?

I worked 9 hours with them this year. Nice bunch of people,
nice collection of "grass-roots stuff."

Marty