$98 per barrel oil

Old November 14th 07, 03:50 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Default $98 per barrel oil

Matt Whiting writes:

They paid for all of the R&D for all of the equipment? Really???

Which equipment? R&D isn't an occupation cost unless it was dedicated
exclusively to something used only for the occupation. What might that have
been?
Old November 14th 07, 03:51 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Matt W. Barrow writes:

Just for kicks, what was to total cost of occuping Berlin compared to the
cost of defending all of Europe?

Which attacks on Europe after WWII have I missed?
Old November 14th 07, 05:14 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
John Godwin[_2_]

"Matt W. Barrow" wrote in
:

That's nice, but that was not the context of the topic (Germany
at-large and Europe in general).

How quickly you forget your own posts when you said:

"FYI, the US ceased being an "Occupier" in the early 1950's, long before
you got there."

Which I simply pointed out was wrong. Gee, were you talking about Germany,
Berlin, or Japan (that was also occupied after WWII)? I gotta admit you
spin pretty nicely.

Old November 14th 07, 07:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_19_]

Mxsmanic wrote in
:

Jay Honeck writes:

The 13 million American men and women who fought to save your sorry
asses in World War II -- including my father -- must be rolling in
their graves.

Not any faster than all the Europeans who fought for your American
independence 150 years earlier.

Another generation of American men and women who paid billions of
their tax dollars to rebuild Europe after World War II, and then
sacrificed their blood and treasure to fight the Cold War for another
generation, must surely be thinking the same thing -- why did we
bother?

How much blood was lost in the Cold War?

Good grief.,

Bertie
Old November 14th 07, 07:48 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_19_]

Mxsmanic wrote in
:

Matt Whiting writes:

They paid for all of the R&D for all of the equipment? Really???

Which equipment? R&D isn't an occupation cost unless it was dedicated
exclusively to something used only for the occupation. What might
that have been?

Wow, a bunch of words that equal nothing.

You should have been a politician. You got the lying down, next yu have to
get someone to like you enough to vote for you.

Bertie
Old November 14th 07, 07:50 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_19_]

Mxsmanic wrote in
:

Matt W. Barrow writes:

Just for kicks, what was to total cost of occuping Berlin compared to
the cost of defending all of Europe?

Which attacks on Europe after WWII have I missed?

Wow, ignorance form the European perspective now.

We're having a regualr dumbo orgy of it now!

Let's get down to the dirt.

Is the US budweiser the same company as the Czech Bud?

Which is better?

Less filling?

Matt?

Bertie
Old November 14th 07, 12:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Matt Whiting

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
Matt Whiting wrote in
:

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
Matt Whiting wrote in news:%yp_i.787$2n4.24324
@news1.epix.net:

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
Matt Whiting wrote in news:52p_i.783$2n4.24268
@news1.epix.net:

Wolfgang Schwanke wrote:
"Morgans" wrote in
:

"John Godwin" wrote in message
"news.verizon.net" wrote in

Do you have any cite for this? Nothing I can find nor
anything I've heard of before supports this. ( That West
Germany paid for US Military )
Armies Of Occupation are supported by the country being
occupied.
served as a US Army Color Photolab Technician (1960-1962) and
all
of
our equipment and supplies were provided by the West Germans.

Assuming that is true, that is a small part of the cost for
maintaining a military presence.

Who paid for the tanks, anti-aircraft missiles, aircraft,
trucks, jeeps, personnel transports, military member's pay, and
the list
could
go on.

Not the country who was putting us up. Uncle Sam; (the US)
that's where all of the money came from.
The West German government paid for ALL of the occupation costs
in
West
Berlin of the US, UK and France.
They paid for all of the R&D for all of the equipment? Really???

Parsimonious fjukkwit.
I see you have ceded the debate.

Oh yes, you win.

Oh goody, what did I win?

Your right to live in the depths of your ignorance, of course.

Standing on your shoulders, of course.
Old November 14th 07, 12:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_19_]

Matt Whiting wrote in news:LvB_i.797$2n4.24367
@news1.epix.net:

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
Matt Whiting wrote in
:

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
Matt Whiting wrote in news:52p_i.783$2n4.24268
@news1.epix.net:

Wolfgang Schwanke wrote:
"Morgans" wrote in
:

[...]

Name calling won't do it.

Bertie

Old November 14th 07, 02:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gig 601XL Builder

Mxsmanic wrote:
Matt W. Barrow writes:

Just for kicks, what was to total cost of occuping Berlin compared
to the cost of defending all of Europe?

Which attacks on Europe after WWII have I missed?

The fact that there were no attacks just proves how good we were at
protecting it.

Old November 14th 07, 04:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck

What is your theory as to why we did this? I can think of a few, but
I'm not sure which are truly valid in the final analysis.

Uh, Matt -- reality check he You're asking a troll who specializes
in lame, one-sentence insults to provide thoughtful analysis of a
complex socio-economic and geopolitical question that has occupiedj --
and will continue to occupy -- historians and scholars for decades.

Good luck.

;-)
--
Jay Honeck