Generating the Juice

Old September 12th 03, 11:05 PM
Model Flyer

"Rich S." wrote in message
"karel adams" wrote in message
... Nothing new

about this
idea.
There is such a powerplant in French Britanny (Bretagne)
And only a few miles from here there's a grain
mill on the same principle - several centuries old...

So if the Sky falls on us, it's the fault of the French?
;-p

Rich "I knew they were up to no good!" S.

Next thing the French will short out the electricity that powers "the
lamps in the Stars", to Earth.:-), this will signal the end to space
travel and there will be no starlight to navagate by.
--

..

Old September 13th 03, 03:57 AM
Big John

Roger

I think you might be right as I recall. I didn't throw out those facts
because it was so long ago I might have forgotten the details???

Big John

On Fri, 12 Sep 2003 06:12:00 GMT, Roger Halstead
wrote:

On Wed, 10 Sep 2003 16:33:33 -0500, Big John
wrote:

terra

Do you remember the Shuttle test where they unrolled a long wire and
let it fall down toward the earth with gravity. First test the drum
stuck and they couldn't unroll the wire.

Second try they got a lot of wire out but experiment didn't produce
what they expected. Don't remember the data published in AW&S.

Think the Italians provided the hardware and after the second failure
no more tries that were published.

I thought they fried the wore on the second try, or possibly it was on
some tethered experiment where the cable fried from the induced
voltage.

www.rogerhalstead.com
N833R World's oldest Debonair? (S# CD-2)

Is this similar to what you propose? If so ,you might want to contact
NASA to get any papers they wrote on these experiments.

Old September 13th 03, 08:40 AM
Bruce A. Frank

It worked well but there was an arc from the line to the craft which
burned through the cable and the conductor was lost.

wrote:

terra

Do you remember the Shuttle test where they unrolled a long wire and
let it fall down toward the earth with gravity. First test the drum
stuck and they couldn't unroll the wire.

Second try they got a lot of wire out but experiment didn't produce
what they expected. Don't remember the data published in AW&S.

Think the Italians provided the hardware and after the second failure
no more tries that were published.

I thought they fried the wore on the second try, or possibly it was on
some tethered experiment where the cable fried from the induced
voltage.

www.rogerhalstead.com
N833R World's oldest Debonair? (S# CD-2)

Is this similar to what you propose? If so ,you might want to contact
NASA to get any papers they wrote on these experiments.

--
Bruce A. Frank, Editor "Ford 3.8/4.2L Engine and V-6 STOL
Homebuilt Aircraft Newsletter"

While trying to find the time to finish mine.
Old September 13th 03, 02:08 PM
Eric Miller

"Bruce A. Frank" wrote in message
It worked well but there was an arc from the line to the craft which
burned through the cable and the conductor was lost.

So what you're saying is those NASA boys didn't read the relevant Advisory
Circular regarding gauging wire for current

Eric

Old September 13th 03, 06:30 PM
Big John

Eric

You need to address this to the Italians. They made the test article
and it was their experiment.

Big John