Free spreadsheet for badge/record evaluation

Old June 19th 12, 04:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Judy Ruprecht

Default Free spreadsheet for badge/record evaluation

Looking for a hassle-free way to evaluate FAI badge and record claims? Try
Claim Check. It "knows" Sporting Code rules, so the user needn't tweak
myriad settings or edit the task to deal with instances when a declared
Start or Finish Point was skipped, a Turn Point was used out of declared
order or Loss of Height is an issue. (It also prompts for calibration data
when altitude gain or Loss of Height is a close call...)

As with graphic software, a separate evaluation is needed for each Free
record claim, based either on user-entered Way Point coordinates or on a
data file “optimized” and then saved using See You©.

Information, sample results & downloads available at
http://www.badgeflight.com

• Excel for Windows must be installed on the host computer. Ideally, that
computer has a quad-core i7 processor; at a minimum, it must have at least
2GB of ram and dual-core 1.8 GHz processors.

• In order to save electronic copies of evaluation results, Adobe reader
and a printer must both be installed on the host computer. (The printer
itself need not be connected)

NOTE: Compatibility has not been tested using (1) pre-2003 versions of
Excel for Windows; or (2) a Mac OS using the Boot Camp utility, Parallels
or similar means to run Excel for Windows.

Feedback appreciated!

Judy

Old June 19th 12, 04:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
aerodyne

Feedback appreciated!

Judy

Judy;

Great idea - can't wait to try it out!

aerodyne
Old June 19th 12, 05:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Cordell

WoW, great tool. Thanks ! Judy

Paul Cordell
Old June 19th 12, 05:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Judy:

Haven't done any badge claims yet, but this looks absolutely brilliant! Thanks for doing this, and for making it available. I look forward to using it. Fred
Old June 19th 12, 06:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Karl Kunz[_2_]

Judy, very nice. I tried it on the MacOS version of Excel and it seems to work but I have not fully tested it yet.

Kind of sad the the rules have evolved to the point we need a quad-core i7 processor to figure this stuff out.

-karl

Old June 20th 12, 02:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
T[_2_]

On Jun 19, 1:16*pm, Jeff Casto
wrote:
[...]

Judy, glad to be one of your Beta testers!
I'll download it tonight and check it with some old files.
Old June 20th 12, 02:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Judy Ruprecht

=
processor to figure this stuff out.

-karl

Hi, Karl

Thanks for the "atta girl"! Please let me know how your further testing
goes, and feel free to e-mail me on any problem areas. (I assume you're
using Excel 2011 for MACs, as the 2008 version didn't support VBA macros
and Claim Check is highly dependent on these.)

As an aside, the need for (processor) speed is chiefly driven by
spreadsheet limitations when evaluating up to 50,000 fixes (13.8 hours
recorded at a 1-second interval). I can spell "heuristics," but the
equations to get the job done quickly present a real challenge!

Judy