Stiffed on Ebay

Old June 25th 04, 12:19 AM
Teacherjh

As a buyer, I want cancellation privilege not only before the sale, but
AFTER the sale as well.

EBay is a giant tag sale, not a store.

Jose

Old June 25th 04, 12:47 AM
Jay Honeck

Was he the only bidder? If not, did you try the second chance option for
the next highest bidder?

No, there were many bidders.

I didn't know you could do a "second chance option" for the next-highest
bidder? Is there a time limit on doing that?

It would seem unlikely that the second highest bidder would still be looking
for a transponder a month later, but I suppose it was worth trying. I've
already re-listed it, though...
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old June 25th 04, 12:52 AM
Rosspilot

I've been using eBay for some time . . . have 135 positive feedbacks and no
neutrals or negatives . . . bought and sold about equally.
Never had any problem as buyer or seller.

One good thing from your post, Jay . . .
the GTX327 transponder is fantastic! I've had mine for more than 2 1/2 years
and it is a joy to fly with.

I flew up to Keene, New Hampshire today.
NH is one of the ONLY states where real fireworks can still be legally
purchased. :-)

www.Rosspilot.com

Old June 25th 04, 01:14 AM
Dave Stadt

"Teacherjh" wrote in message

As a buyer, I want cancellation privilege not only before the sale, but
AFTER the sale as well.

EBay is a giant tag sale, not a store.

Jose

It is actually becoming more of a store. Many retailers are using EBAY to
reach a much larger audience than a store front, catalog or even a WEB
presence could bring. It is an excellent way to bring targeted buyers and
sellers together. EBAY purchasing terms are often equal to or better than
any other method of purchase.

Old June 25th 04, 01:35 AM
Cecil Chapman

I s'pose I've been lucky. I've bought and sold lots of stuff via ebay and
it has been a great aid to getting pilot goodies. I've even sold items for
a couple of thousand and was paid, promptly.

=-----
Good Flights!

Cecil
PP-ASEL
Student-IASEL

Check out my personal flying adventures from my first flight to the
checkride AND the continuing adventures beyond!
Complete with pictures and text at: www.bayareapilot.com

- Antoine de Saint-Exupery -

"We who fly, do so for the love of flying. We are alive in the air with
this miracle that lies in our hands and beneath our feet"
- Cecil Day Lewis -

Old June 25th 04, 01:38 AM
Cecil Chapman

I must be missing something about the "advantages" of using Ebay, based
on it's tremendous popularity, but it just doesn't make any sense to me.
The entire thing is set up so that the middle man (Ebay) can make money
on a transaction. That's all well and good, for Ebay, and I'm sure this
procedure attracts a whole bunch of people based on Ebay's financial
position, but I just don't get the attraction.

What you're paying for is the exposure, which is nothing like any classified
ad that you could hope to place (and pay for, I'll remind you). Imagine an
ad that is seen in the entire U.S., what would that exposure be worth? The
amount that ebay receives is just a pittance when compared to what coverage
like that would otherwise cost.

You should try it!

=-----

Old June 25th 04, 02:02 AM
Dudley Henriques

"Cecil Chapman" wrote in message
. com...
[...]

I completely understand the procedure. My son deals on Ebay all the
time. He's into building steam engines for trains and loves the railroad
stuff. I'm sure Ebay is exactly the right thing for many people as I
said. It's just that for someone like myself, it doesn't seen quite the
way I would want to go. I like to touch and feel and pre-use the items I
purchase. This takes people like me out of the Ebay equation.
I'm not inferring in any way that it's a bad way to buy something; just
that for me, it wouldn't be my choice at all.
Dudley Henriques
International Fighter Pilots Fellowship
Commercial Pilot/ CFI Retired
For personal email, please replace
the z's with e's.
dhenriquesATzarthlinkDOTnzt

Old June 25th 04, 02:28 AM
Dudley Henriques

"Newps" wrote in message

You're old and not expected to 'get it."

"I want you to know that I will not make age an issue of this campaign.
I am not going to exploit, for political purposes, my opponent's youth
and inexperience."
Ronald Reagan-during a 1984 presidential debate with Walter Mondale.
:-))

Old June 25th 04, 02:31 AM
Cecil Chapman

I like to touch and feel and pre-use the items I
purchase. This takes people like me out of the Ebay equation.
I'm not inferring in any way that it's a bad way to buy something; just
that for me, it wouldn't be my choice at all.
Dudley Henriques

Oh I see what you mean,,, no, ebay doesn't allow for a 'hands-on' sale,,, I
think my dad would feel the same way, could never even get him to order via
mail order catalog... He'd want to be able to pick-up and look at a given
thing....

=-----

Old June 25th 04, 02:44 AM
Steven P. McNicoll

"Dudley Henriques" wrote in message
link.net...

"I want you to know that I will not make age an issue of this campaign.
I am not going to exploit, for political purposes, my opponent's youth
and inexperience."
Ronald Reagan-during a 1984 presidential debate with Walter Mondale.

Probably the best presidential debate response ever. Mondale laughed, but
behind that laugh he had to be thinking, "Damn, that sonofabitch really
nailed me with that one!"

Vision Plans for Sale on Ebay Mike C Home Built 1 October 30th 04 06:58 AM
Selling on Ebay Jay Honeck Piloting 34 May 28th 04 06:29 PM
Airplane Parts on Ebay Vac Reg Valves, Fuel Floats, O-200 Spider, Fuel Injection Valve Bill Berle Home Built 0 January 26th 04 07:48 AM
Airplane Parts on Ebay Vac Reg Valves, Fuel Floats, O-200 Spider, Fuel Injection Valve Bill Berle Aviation Marketplace 0 January 26th 04 07:48 AM
Airplane Parts on Ebay Vac Reg Valves, Fuel Floats, O-200 Spider, Fuel Injection Valve Bill Berle Owning 0 January 26th 04 07:48 AM