FSplanet

Old November 11th 03, 08:51 AM
Murphy

Default FSplanet

Is it me, or has anybody managed to download anything from fsplanet.com ? It was recommended to me as having very good quality panels, scenery etc. and it looks to be true as you look through their website. But I've been trying for about a month now at ALL hours of the day and night and got absolutely nothing due to all of their nodes being busy. I would be interested to know if anybody has been successful.
Murphy
Old November 11th 03, 01:02 PM
FSGenesis

HI Murphy,

Go to a legitimate site like avsim.com or flightsim.com.

FSPlanet mainly leeches files from those two sites, in most cases against the author's wishes, then charges to download them. The reason you get "all nodes busy" is because you haven't paid for the privilege to download freeware.

Justin
Old November 12th 03, 03:59 AM
Murphy

Thanks Justin! And here I thought that it was a reputable site, but they
sure pushed their executive membership
Regards, Murphy

Old November 12th 03, 03:21 PM
Quilljar

We never use FSPlanet

Eilzabeth R

---

Old November 13th 03, 01:20 AM
Dashi

And I thought that "Quilljar" was Gay! ;-

Dashi

"Quilljar" wrote in message
We never use FSPlanet

Eilzabeth R

---

Old November 13th 03, 02:08 AM
Don Parker

Dashi wrote:
And I thought that "Quilljar" was Gay! ;-

Huh??

Old November 13th 03, 02:49 AM
George Lewis

I look at their stuff, but to be honest, fsfreeware.com has the same
stuff usually. Just check their free downloads
http://www.fsfreeware.com/dcd/new/ or you can just to go the section
you like at http://www.fsfreeware.com/dcd/

I've found the downloads fast and always available. I HAVE been able
to download from fsplanet, but rarely. Best way to do it is to
bookmark the link it jumps you to and then keep trying that link
instead of fsplanet's.

Of course, the other links mentioned work well too. your mileage may
vary. I like fsplanet's "look" with all the downloads, but even if
you do get to download, it's super slow.

Old November 13th 03, 05:32 AM
Dashi

I once saw a post by Quilljar referencing a Gay Pilot's association, so I
figured that he was Gay!

But then Eilzabeth R. posts that "We never use FSPlanet". I figure that
"Eilzabeth R." is Mrs. Quilljar but reading the spelling of the name
"Eilzabeth", maybe ...?

I don't know! ;-)

Dashi

Old November 13th 03, 11:51 AM
Quilljar

Not gay, I'm just British. Unfortunately, according to most Hollywood films
that means I am either gay or an evil genius, I know:-)

Incidentally, how ideas can be accidentally planted;I have never in my life
posted anything about a Gay Pilot's Association, my wife and children would
be astonished, especially the grandchildren...

---

Old November 14th 03, 05:01 AM
Dashi

I remember seeing a topic in the other newsgroup that we both post in, where
someone asked for aviation links and you posted the link to "The Gay Pilot's
Association", I think.

You probably meant it as a joke but it didn't elicit any response, but I
mentally filed it away.

Glad to hear that you are "straight"! ;-)

Dashi