A few questions for a new (hopefully) ower

Old September 2nd 03, 08:54 PM
Marco Leon

Hi Jeff. Nice pics. I actually flew this plane from Las Vegas for a
sightseeing tour of the Grand Canyon! This was back in 2001 I believe. Of
course, it did not have the Garmin 430 in there yet. She flew well and we
kept her at 9500'. My fincee (now wife) got sick in my plane a few weeks
back so I bought her a Relief Band thingie which she used on the flight.
Worked well. Make sure to thank the company that makes them for your clean
carpets

I have pics of the flight if you are interested.

Marco
N36616

"jeff" wrote in message ...
I added Garmin GNS 430 GPS/Com, Garmin GMA 340 audio panel, Garmin GTX

327
transponder, Garmin GI-106a CDI, PS systems CD player, replaced most fuses

with
circuit breakers, replaced plastic instrument panel.
there are pictures of it here
http://216.158.136.80/plane/index.html

Everyone had told me I wouldnt get back what I put in it, they were

surprised
when it sold so fast for what I was asking. One thing about selling a

plane is
that it will sell, to the right person. Some people will spend more to get
everything they want then buying a cheaper plane and putting it all in

them
selves.

PaulaJay1 wrote:

In article , jeff writes:

my 180 sold 4 days after I listed it. I got back all the money I had

put in
for
avionics, didnt get back the money for the speed mods, so wasnt out

that
much.

What avionics did you add? I've added a GNS430 and figure to get no

more than
half back.

Chuck

http://www.usenet.com
Old September 2nd 03, 10:41 PM
Marco Leon

That's the thing, when I browse the for sale ads, I see plenty of Warriors
with similar times going for around $50K US. These usually have KX-170's or
sometimes KX-155's. I rarely see Warriors with a certified Garmin 430
install for sale but from the few I do see, they are usually in the $60K
range. I really don't think you will find a Warrior with a IFR-certified
Garmin 430 setup (and 340 audio panel) for $45-$46K. Maybe I'm looking in
the wrong place...

Marco
N36616

"David Megginson" wrote in message
"Marco Leon" mleon(at)optonline.net writes:

Just browsing the For Sale ads tells me that I can get pretty much near

or
even above what I had put into the plane. My 1978 Warrior II had a

KX-170B
and a KT-76A --that's it. I put in a Garmin 430, Garmin 340 audio panel,
GI-106a CDI, avionics master, Davtron clock and had the KX-170

overhauled.
it came out to $14,000. With a 2000 interior, 8 paintjob and 600-hour

FRMN
engine, I think $56,000 is about right and even on the low side given

the
ads I see every day.

I could be dreaming but I'm just going by what I see.

Assuming that you can get $56K for your Warrior right now, what would
the price would have been if you hadn't put in the new avionics?
Given the low-time engine and new interior, I'm guessing that it
wouldn't be $14K less.

If I were buying, I'd probably be willing to add a 3-4K for the Garmin
430, if the installation is approach-certified (I'm guessing that it
is with the CDI). Others might feel differently, of course.

All the best,

David

http://www.usenet.com
Old September 3rd 03, 09:47 PM
Greg Goodknight

"Marco Leon" mleon(at)optonline.net wrote in message
Just browsing the For Sale ads tells me that I can get pretty much near or
even above what I had put into the plane. My 1978 Warrior II had a KX-170B
and a KT-76A --that's it. I put in a Garmin 430, Garmin 340 audio panel,
GI-106a CDI, avionics master, Davtron clock and had the KX-170 overhauled.
it came out to $14,000. With a 2000 interior, 8 paintjob and 600-hour FRMN
engine, I think $56,000 is about right and even on the low side given the
ads I see every day.

I could be dreaming but I'm just going by what I see.

Saw a 'blue book' dated September 2003 yesterday while visiting a friend
who's a trader. Was looking at Warrior II values for some unknown reason
An average 1978 WarriorII price (1000 SMOH) is $43k; a '79 (my vintage) is
$44k.

Yours sounds like a very nice one but I expect $56k is on the high side.
Prices seem to have dropped from the peak, and in a declining/declined
market, owner asking prices tend to reflect past expectations rather than
current transactions. Planes priced to sell disappear quickly, leaving the
overpriced ones on the listings to set the next guy's expectations.

-Greg