Still no SPOT Rebate from Christmas

Old April 22nd 09, 12:33 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Barny

Default Still no SPOT Rebate from Christmas

Has anyone received their $50 rebate from the pre-xmas offer? Is the
envelope obvious enough to catch one's attention? The third party
rebate status website SPOT uses continues to show mine as
"processing".
This is my last rebate purchase, too many bruises from kicking myself.
Old April 22nd 09, 12:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Apr 21, 4:33*pm, Barny wrote:
Has anyone received their $50 rebate from the pre-xmas offer? *Is the
envelope obvious enough to catch one's attention? The third party
rebate status website SPOT uses continues to show mine as
"processing".
This is my last rebate purchase, too many bruises from kicking myself.

My son said he just received his rebate from the one he bought me for
Xmas.
Old April 22nd 09, 03:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tuno

I'm still waiting for mine. I received a letter several weeks ago
stating that they were experiencing delays in the processing, so at
least they gave me a status.
Old April 22nd 09, 06:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Apr 22, 7:59*am, Tuno wrote:
I'm still waiting for mine. I received a letter several weeks ago
stating that they were experiencing delays in the processing, so at
least they gave me a status.

I have found SPOT to be an unethical company. They make dealers
purchase 10 units and sign a very detailed form that says you will not
discount from their list price. They then gave SPOTs away for free at
SUN & FUN and to any glider pilot that asked. I suspect that they are
free again at SUN & FUN. The response when I asked about this was
that it would increase my sales . If you want discount SPOTS I have
them avialable. As far as the rebate, good luck. The only reason
they offer rebates is to increase sales and many who purchase will
forget or not jump throught the hoops to get the rebate.

Richard
www.craggyaero.com
Old April 22nd 09, 06:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Apr 22, 7:59*am, Tuno wrote:
I'm still waiting for mine. I received a letter several weeks ago
stating that they were experiencing delays in the processing, so at
least they gave me a status.

One might ask if they have the money to pay the rebates? Or if this
is one of the Bernie schemes.
Old April 23rd 09, 03:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Barny

I emailed SPOT when I posted this thread. Obviously all is well now
and my check should arrive any day now, I'll just wait by the mailbox.
ha ha hoo hoo. Here is the reply:
************************************************** ************
Thank you for taking the time to e-mail SPOT. It is committed
customers like you that put us on notice of this problem and enabled
us to make sure we got it fixed. I am glad to report that these
efforts to get the processing delays fixed have been successful. This
means I have good news for you! Your rebate, submission ID xxxxxxx,
shows as having been 'finally approved' -- and that the check was
mailed. The check was sent via first class mail. Many of the
customers in this batch have already received your checks. Please
contact me directly if you don't receive your check in the next couple
of days so I can check on status for you.
************************************************** ************
Final lesson in rebates.......... never again. Back to getting ready
to start the flying season.
Old April 23rd 09, 12:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Gary Emerson

Barny wrote:
Has anyone received their $50 rebate from the pre-xmas offer? Is the
envelope obvious enough to catch one's attention? The third party
rebate status website SPOT uses continues to show mine as
"processing".
This is my last rebate purchase, too many bruises from kicking myself.

When you look at the rebate amount, you have to remember that you need
to factor in the likelyhood that you'll:

1. have to fill out the forms and send them off

2. keep copies so you know what you sent

3. put a reminder in your calender 4-8 weeks out so you can call and
follow up

4. wait some more for your check once they have figured out that you
haven't forgotten and they need to get busy and actually pay you
Old April 23rd 09, 06:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andy[_1_]

On Apr 22, 7:18*pm, Barny wrote:
Final lesson in rebates.......... never again. Back to getting ready
to start the flying season.

I didn't bother sending in for a rebate after I read the small print
on the rebate form. Some rebates were only applicable if full retail
price was paid. I did not pay full SPOT retail price.

Andy

Old May 2nd 09, 12:21 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Barny

Wow,I received my rebate today!! I replied to the email from the
third party rebate company when I started this thread and mentioned
the power of the internet and newsgroups. In case you wish to push
them also, the contact is: .
Too much work.
Barny

Spot deal, today only, buy service get a free Spot Tim Taylor Soaring 3 December 1st 08 10:30 PM
$50 SPOT rebate Eric Greenwell Soaring 4 November 22nd 08 02:35 AM
telex headphone rebate Mike Noel Piloting 0 November 10th 07 03:29 AM
AOPA rebate gone? Robert M. Gary Piloting 15 September 14th 06 03:23 AM
Rebate for FS2004? Doug Simulators 2 February 10th 04 09:43 PM