SN10 Question

Old June 14th 21, 01:40 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JulietUniform

Default SN10 Question

After performing a leak check on my TE system, my SN10 now sounds a continuous tone after power up. (On the ground, haven’t tried in the air) It is not in speed to fly mode but is in vario mode. Prior to this it was always “silent” after start up. Have I possibly damaged an internal sensor that requires sending it in to Ilec? I have updated it to latest version 2.47.
John U.

Old June 14th 21, 02:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Sinclair[_5_]

On Sunday, June 13, 2021 at 5:40:33 PM UTC-7, JulietUniform wrote:
After performing a leak check on my TE system, my SN10 now sounds a continuous tone after power up. (On the ground, haven’t tried in the air) It is not in speed to fly mode but is in vario mode. Prior to this it was always “silent” after start up. Have I possibly damaged an internal sensor that requires sending it in to Ilec? I have updated it to latest version 2.47.

Tell me about the “leak check” you performed? The way I do it is to remove all instruments except the airspeed indicator, then apply syringe pressure at the total energy probe. Pump it up to 100 knots as seen on the airspeed, then watch it for at least :01 minute without any drop in airspeed. Some variometers won’t tolerate that kind of pressure.
There is a good SN-10b on Glider Source with remote control and upload brick for $800 bucks, if necessary.
JJ
Old June 14th 21, 04:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Sinclair[_5_]

On Monday, June 14, 2021 at 6:37:25 AM UTC-7, John Sinclair wrote:
[...]

Oops, I use a separate airspeed when I do a leak test. If you are using the installed airspeed, you need to switch the total energy line over to the pressure side of your airspeed indicator.
Old June 14th 21, 08:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JulietUniform

Thanks John,
Yes, I isolated the TE system and used a very small “mini” aquarium pump. I’m afraid I have damaged an internal sensor. In “vario mode” it sounds a constant tone. In “STF” mode it is silent and increasing the MC setting causes the vario needle to move down (as it should?) with no sound.
JU
Old June 15th 21, 12:14 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Karl Striedieck[_2_]

On Monday, June 14, 2021 at 3:55:36 PM UTC-4, JulietUniform wrote:
Thanks John,
Yes, I isolated the TE system and used a very small “mini” aquarium pump. I’m afraid I have damaged an internal sensor. In “vario mode” it sounds a constant tone. In “STF” mode it is silent and increasing the MC setting causes the vario needle to move down (as it should?) with no sound.
JU

My SN-10 always sounds a tone when I turn it on and the needle points to 400 fpm up. Works normally in flight. My settings are for relative netto.

KS
Old June 15th 21, 01:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JulietUniform

Thank you Mr. Striedieck. Hopefully I have not damaged anything. Prior to doing the leak test it never made a continuous tone when I turned it on. It would “beep” then be silent. Now, the tone is always on.
John U.

SN10 K Soaring 0 September 15th 12 02:15 AM
SN10 Startup Question YourNameHere Soaring 2 October 17th 11 01:56 PM
SN10 USB question Tuno Soaring 2 August 22nd 11 02:33 PM
Ilec SN10 question Dan Goldman Soaring 0 February 21st 11 12:07 AM
Ilec SN10 question John Ferguson Soaring 3 May 29th 07 05:11 AM