Allstar SZD-54 Perkoz Info? US Dealer?

Old May 4th 21, 09:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Martin Gregorie[_6_]

Default Allstar SZD-54 Perkoz Info? US Dealer?

On Tue, 04 May 2021 13:23:24 -0700, John Foster wrote:

On Tuesday, May 4, 2021 at 10:38:39 AM UTC-6, Nick Hill wrote:
On 04/05/2021 16:34, wrote:
On Monday, May 3, 2021 at 10:37:04 PM UTC-7, wrote:

For two place composite gliders, it seems there's basically two
camps: dedicated trainers (17-18m) with low-ish performance and
high-performance, cross-country machines with long wingspans
unsuitable for basic training (20+m). But, both types of performance
are needed on the training continuum at different times and few cross
that divide with one platform. The only other 'adaptable' two seater
where a shorter span could be used for daily training, but added
wingspan added for higher-performance cross country, is the DG1001.
But, I am guessing the DG1001 is much more expensive than the
SZD-54-2.

I don't know US/Canada pricing but in the UK my club has looked at
this,
although not moved forward with either due to recent lack of operations
and uncertainty in the recent past. Yes the DG1001 is more expensive
but for something you may own and operate for many years the price of a
DG1001 Club NEO against a Perkoz may be less than you think. Check with
the agents.

--

Nick Hill

To me this is a market that is SORELY lacking in the US at least. The
training fleet is getting quite "long in the tooth". Every year we seem
to loose a few 2-33s due to wind damage or some other incident. The
G-103s are increasingly getting "beat up" as described above, and those
that have been repaired continually seem to loose useful load, even as
the US population gets heavier and heavier. For a decent trainer now,
unless you are training pediatrics, you need a useful load of almost
400lbs. Anyone over 200lbs is going to have a hard time finding a place
to train anymore. There are many clubs in the US that are really
strapped for cash, and don't have any options to transition students
from the 2-33 into glass ships, let alone do primary training in a glass
ship. I really wish there were more options available in this area at
an affordable price (under $25,000). But I guess it is a simple case of
supply/demand where busy, successful clubs are able to pay the higher
prices for more expensive gliders.

Is there any market in the US for used ASK-21s? I ask because one of my
club's K-21s is over 20 years old now and still nice to fly and not
showing its age except that the instrument panel is now a little lower
than it was: its shock mount is sagging a bit. For that matter, ASK-13s
are worth consideration with over 700 made, though being fabric covered,
they shouldn't be left outdoors.

I learnt to fly in a combination of ASK-21, SZD Puchacz and G-103 Twin 2
Acro plus occasional flights in a Slingsby T.21b. We've still got all
these except the G.103 has been replaced (due to steady weight gain) by a
Perkoz.

FWIW, I've flown a 2/33. The only other glider I've flown with similar
handling and performance is the T.21, but the latter has considerably
better pilot ergonomics. An ASK-13 offers considerably better handling
and performance than the 2/33 and is nicer to fly.

--
Martin | martin at
Gregorie | gregorie dot org

Old May 5th 21, 09:04 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Nick Hill[_3_]

On 04/05/2021 21:23, John Foster wrote:

[...]

In Europe various clubs are now refreshing with K21bs so it looks like
the second hand price for K21s is falling. Still not at the $25,000
level though.

--

Nick Hill
Old May 5th 21, 01:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony[_7_]

On Wednesday, May 5, 2021 at 4:04:25 AM UTC-4, Nick Hill wrote:
[...]

Remember that the Blanik 13 can be returned to service now, for about that cost. Great trainer. Shipping to/from Czech Republic not so crazy with 3 in a container as detailed in SOARING a few years back. Details on Blanik USA website.
Old May 7th 21, 08:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Foster

On Wednesday, May 5, 2021 at 6:29:21 AM UTC-6, wrote:
[...]

A friend of mine just sold his Blanik L13 that he sent back to the factory for the modification. It sold for $55k, I think.
Old May 10th 21, 09:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
ASM

On Monday, May 3, 2021 at 8:47:11 AM UTC-7, wrote:
Hello, trying to get some information together on this glider for club purchase consideration, but I cannot find a US dealer for it. Am I just missing an obvious one? Does anyone have any first-hand experience with this glider--observations on how suitable it would be to replace a club Grob 103? Thank you,

Mark

If you provide me with your email I will forward to you quite a bit of useful info. Jacek

SZD 54 Perkoz [email protected] Soaring 7 January 6th 17 11:45 PM
How many SZD-54-2 PERKOZ ? Jock Proudfoot Soaring 0 October 5th 14 11:53 PM
SZD-54 Perkoz rhumcat Soaring 1 October 15th 06 07:04 AM
SZD dealer N. America Guy Acheson Soaring 5 July 7th 06 05:15 PM
SZD Dealer for US Janusz Kesik Soaring 0 July 21st 03 10:37 PM