[email protected] The RAH plot thickens zzzz

Old January 4th 04, 01:28 AM
pacplyer

Default [email protected] The RAH plot thickens zzzz

I'm sure I've trimmed this post wrong, so sorry if that's the case.
I have to copy it from another newsserver since I can't see it here.)

Dr No (name) a.k.a. said:

Like I said before, Bill, you're leaving too many clues that Pac is
you. I'd
suggest dropping him and starting over.

Pac sez (non-numbered lines)
Is that what you do when you discover you've taken an unpopular
position – just run and become ? By the way, were you in charge
of the Bin Laden hunt as well? That would explain why he's still
loose. :^D

1) Before posting to RAH, have your new persona post to several other
newsgroups
for some period of weeks or months. 2 test posts to a Philippines
newsgroup
isn't enough.

Ya think maybe ya didn't do a very good search? Ya think maybe
there's a pacplyer that posted on RAP back in the mid nineties? Good
thing we didn't let you participate in the Saddam Husien manhunt as
well. Otherwise we'd be hot on the trail of Saturday Night Live's
"the church-lady!"

2) Don't post as Bill at all. Otherwise it's easy to detect the
pattern that
when Bill is posting, Pac is too, when Bill stops, Pac does too.

God, there's just no way to deny it now, ya got me, Inspector Cluso

3) Don't carry on your war against Sydney. In addition to giving you
away, it's
just bad taste.

Yeah, guess you missed the part were I apologized to her. Need to do
more research professor. :-)

4) Don't claim impressive credentials. Just be an ordinary joe, not
Sky King.

Being a cargo dog is not Sky King. That's why real airline pilots
smile and call us "Freight Dogs." It's an insult meaning: you didn't
have what it takes to get a real airline job. But we don't over react
and feel, as some of the posters here do, that that is unacceptable.
If the shoe fits… wear it. It may sound "impressive" to you, but
these are just burned-out 25-year old ex-airliners that barely make
the papers when they burn up. If I wanted to indulge my fantasies, I
suppose I would invent a character who has lunar hardware on the
surface of the Moon, while at the same time has stuff orbiting Mars.
Then, I would not offer any collaborating details or coordinates where
this hardware landed. By the way, I have a 1969 lunar chart hanging
on the wall; give me the coordinates where your hardware is and I may
offer you an apology.

5) Don't use Bill specific style cues, like calling people
"Galactically
stupid."

No, I think I said "give me your galactically stupid" it was humor,
not specifically directed at anyone in particular. But, yes that was
ironic.

6) Don't be insulting. Very few people here are. No one was ever as
insulting
as Badwater and Wingman Vertigo or whatever he's calling himself now,
and when
you are, it reminds us of them. From there it's a short step to sock
puppet
theory. Frankly I'm surprised the uberhackers haven't posted your
credit cards,
you're way worse than Brian Gunn ever was.

O.K. you win. I'll make a note not to be such an asshole. (see:
reform is possible :-) I'll let somebody else shake out the frauds
for a while. Silence one poster like me, perhaps. But you can't fool
everybody all of the time.
"A", I must of hurt your feelings since you are now referring to war
in the real world. That's the problem with guys like Captain Ripcord
and the person who turned in BWB to the park service. If you're
willing to stoop that low I'm not sure you should be allowed out in
Public. That was a true injustice. Just like Sydney, you seem to
have an axe to grind with BWB. There are people in this newsgroup
who know who I am and where I live. I've received correspondence from
them via snail mail. I think they know I prefer, as you do, not to
have nutcases do what was done to BWB and his helicopter. I used to
enjoy reading this group when I was stuck out in the South Pacific
(before you go there; the P.I. is not glamorous. It's more like hell
on Earth.) Since there was almost no American T.V, RAH was like my
favorite afternoon Soap Opera when I got Nescape 1.0 to work in 1995.

7) Create a complete persona - with a name, address and phone number.
Use a
cell phone, and the address can be an apartment building, no one will
ever send
you snail mail unless you ask them to and you won't. It looks kind of
wierd for
you to complain about someone posting anonymously (like me) when
you're doing it
yourself.

This is why I make fun of you. Your claims are so preposterous, and
you go to all these cloak-and-dagger extremes because you,re ... as
Larry says: "terrified of having [your] identity found out." What are
we going to find out? That you work at Wal-Mart with a guy who claims
to be a test pilot?

I actually very much enjoy the banter back and forth "a." But we're
sort of like North and South Korea here. Without discussing the
details of the hardware you developed you just can't be taken
seriously.

8) Don't claim to have lurked for 10 years and never posted, that's
just not
believable. It's better just to claim ignorance of the history of
RAH. If you
slip and show you know something about what's gone on here, either
claim you
found it reading old stuff in Google, or say that you posted back then
under a
different name *and* you used the x-no-archive convention so your old
stuff
isn't in Google. Use x-no-archive now, your contradictions won't be
so easy to
find.

Na, I don't want to live that way, hiding under a lunar rock.
Besides, the things I post are true to the best of my knowledge.

9) Using Direcway was a good try, you probably didn't know about spot
beams.
But it's unusual enough that it calls attention to you. Use a regular
isp that
reveals IPs, but use a proxy that puts you on the east coast.

This really sounds like what Sydney said to me. Hi Sydney?

OTOH, you could just apologize, beg for forgiveness and drop the
"Badwater has a
bigger dick than anyone" attitude. Most people would forgive you.
Maybe not
the RAH-15 people, selling them out to Zoom to get dropped from the
lawsuit was
pretty low. I mean, your "Zoom's such a great guy, he took me out to
dinner"
post was memorable, and not in a good way. But most other people
would.

Hmmm, I missed that post, got a reference?

Captian Ripcord? Sydney? LOL! Now you're making me do it. I'm
starting to see commies behind every tree!

Happy Trolling,

pacplyer
Old January 4th 04, 06:04 AM

With liberal snips.

In article , pacplyer says...

Pac sez (non-numbered lines)
Is that what you do when you discover you've taken an unpopular
position – just run and become ? By the way, were you in charge
of the Bin Laden hunt as well? That would explain why he's still
loose. :^D

If you call being incinerated at and buried under 200,000 tons of rock "loose."

1) Before posting to RAH, have your new persona post to several other
newsgroups
for some period of weeks or months. 2 test posts to a Philippines
newsgroup
isn't enough.

Ya think maybe ya didn't do a very good search? Ya think maybe
there's a pacplyer that posted on RAP back in the mid nineties? Good
thing we didn't let you participate in the Saddam Husien manhunt as
well. Otherwise we'd be hot on the trail of Saturday Night Live's
"the church-lady!"

Go to Google groups. Advanced search. Group: Rec.* Phrase "pacplyer" or "Pac
Plyer" The first time you show up is May 2003, 3 weeks after Bill stopped
posting.

3) Don't carry on your war against Sydney. In addition to giving you
away, it's
just bad taste.

Yeah, guess you missed the part were I apologized to her. Need to do
more research professor. :-)

Give me a google url. I find one where you suggest that she should apologize to
Bill.

OTOH, you could just apologize, beg for forgiveness and drop the
"Badwater has a
bigger dick than anyone" attitude. Most people would forgive you.
Maybe not
the RAH-15 people, selling them out to Zoom to get dropped from the
lawsuit was
pretty low. I mean, your "Zoom's such a great guy, he took me out to
dinner"
post was memorable, and not in a good way. But most other people
would.

Hmmm, I missed that post, got a reference?

"In fact Zoom got on an airplane and flew to Vegas to take me to dinner
one night and put the law suit to rest. What a great guy that
Zoomster is."
http://groups.google.com/groups?q=g:....earthlink.net

RAH used to be one of the top 100 newsgroups. After you got done threatening to
kill or sue people the traffic here dropped by 60%. Now RAP has 4-5 times the
posts RAH does. It was a nice newsgroup, and you wrecked it. Yes, I have an
axe to grind.

Show me a shred of evidence that you aren't Bill, and I'll apologize and send
you a case of Bass ale. And I'll go pull out the landing sites. Until then, I
have only one question:

How did you get internet access in the Phillipines in 1995? Dial long distance
to the US and log in with AOL?

Old January 4th 04, 11:29 AM
pacplyer

wrote snips everywhere

Go to Google groups. Advanced search. Group: Rec.* Phrase "pacplyer" or "Pac
Plyer" The first time you show up is May 2003, 3 weeks after Bill stopped
posting.

Now Sydney,

I mean, Dr No (name,) I can't help you find Uranus if you can't even
use a search engine correctly. (dry cargo humor… you're supposed
to laugh) Man did you sneak up on me that time. I was ready to head
over to my neighbor who works for NASA to see if your lander claims
checked out! You don't know it but you had me going girl. I thought
I was going to have to write up a written apology to a high level NASA
office!

3) Don't carry on your war against Sydney. In addition to giving you
away, it's
just bad taste.

There's no war, I haven't mentioned your name since the last time you
demanded my attention!

Hmmm, I missed that post, got a reference?

"In fact Zoom got on an airplane and flew to Vegas to take me to dinner
one night and put the law suit to rest. What a great guy that
Zoomster is."
http://groups.google.com/groups?q=g:....earthlink.net

You mean there really is a Zoom in real life? No way. Get out. I
thought everyone was talking about the movie Captain Zoom!

RAH used to be one of the top 100 newsgroups. After you got done threatening to
kill or sue people the traffic here dropped by 60%. Now RAP has 4-5 times the
posts RAH does. It was a nice newsgroup, and you wrecked it. Yes, I have an
axe to grind.

Now Now Sydney,

Just sit down, relax, and have a moon pill. You really don't want to
go here. You really don't want to slander the wrong person do you?
Because that's what you've done. I have never threatened to harm
anybody ever. Now I tried to clue you in to the fact that you don't
know everything, and that you have this habit of misidentifying
posters, intentions, and humor, but you wouldn't listen. I asked you
to just to keep me in the kill file if it bothers you that I like BWB,
but you seem unwilling to do that.

He posts, you stalk him. Somebody talks about him, you pounce on the
third party. Now I don't know where you're from, but this really
seems like Hatfield and McCoy behavior to me. Are you from deep
Kentucky or something? We'll honestly, if you won't at least consider
my solution, then I don't care about your feud with BWB. Bother
somebody else about it.

Now I really did enjoy the spoof, and I'd like to friends with you.
But if you showed up in my Cockpit with this kind of attitude, playing
games, you'd never make it though your first probationary year. Now
if you want my sympathy or help, your going to have to do it my way.
That's because there are two ways to do something here. The wrong
way, or the Captain's way. It's your choice.

You and I need to learn, I think… that this is not a newsgroup to be
made or ruined by the majority or by a select few. I don't own RAH
nor can I expect to greatly impact the opinions of the people who like
to hang out here. It is unmoderated. That's what makes it both great
and treacherous at the same time. So, everybody here is not going to
behave exactly as I would wish. Take Dan the morality man for
example. I've retracted the insults, but he insists that no apology
is necessary on his part for calling me a loon and explaining to me
what "E" on the gas gauge means. There is no "E" in jets with
totalizers and volumetric capacitance-type fuel measurement systems by
the way. At the other end of the spectrum: take me. No doubt you've
noticed how very un-opinionated and soft spoken I am. 0:^) For some
unknown reason this annoys Dan to the point that he's decided to take
cheap one-line shots at me. That's O.K. I can take it. After all
he's not very educated. But I would expect a lot more from you. Get
tough. Show BWB your character is ten times what his is.

Now if you're still on the line, I'll make you the same deal as last
time. You bury the hatchet with Bill in an open post, tell him the
truth about your total hours and ratings and that maybe you were too
caviler with him, and I'll post evidence of who I am including
pictures (if you'll explain to me how to do that… I have a ten-year
old scanner that might work…you're smart, I know you know how to do
that stuff) If BWB is not gracious in his response, he will loose his
number one fan. (that's 33.3% of the total) ;^) But the goodwill
bill is overdue. Now …we can charge all this to the moondust and let
the solar rain settle it , Or, you can dream up another Dr. Evil and
we can play costume party some more. I'm actually good either way,
cuz you know how much I love to argue about things.

My only agenda Sydney, is to have a good time. Any feuds that run off
great writers like Bill Phillips are interfering with that good time.
People who wildly exaggerate their backgrounds or experience in this
forum have only themselves to blame for any ruthless sarcasm they
attract. But I know you're cool because Uncle Bob likes you. And he
is, IMO a great judge of character (besides that he's very
entertaining.)

Best wishes Snowbird whatever you decide to do,

pacplyer

(whew.. my poetry..)
Old January 4th 04, 09:03 PM
zxc

gu
wrote snips everywhere

Old January 5th 04, 07:30 AM
StellaStar

He posts, you stalk him.

Hmmm...I haven't seen Sydney around much at all. Maybe you see a different
newsgroup. Or just feel awful thin-skinned. Some folks enjoy discussing
aviation instead of dissing other folks.
Old January 5th 04, 08:32 AM
Del Rawlins

On 04 Jan 2004 10:08 PM, posted the following:

I don't know if BOb likes me or not, we've never really had an
exchange.

He must like you. 8^)

Del Rawlins-
Remove _kills_spammers_ to reply via email.
Unofficial Bearhawk FAQ website:
http://www.rawlinsbrothers.org/bhfaq/
Old January 5th 04, 04:04 PM
RU ok

On 04 Jan 2004 10:08 PM, posted the following:

I don't know if BOb likes me or not, we've never really had an
exchange.

He must like you. 8^)

Del Rawlins-

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Hmmmm....

"must" ??

Feeling lucky today, Del?
Ready to bet the ranch? )

RARE? INSIGHTS:

1. I look forward to most every post from a@aa....
[and you too, Del.]

2. Conversely, Pac has long been filtered from view.

3. Although I do enjoy and his line of reasoning....
I would be more than a little surprised for Pac and BWB
to be one in the same. Don't 'axe' me why......
might hafta' kill ya'.

Barnyard BOb --

Old January 5th 04, 04:17 PM
Snowbird

(StellaStar) wrote in message ...
He posts, you stalk him.

Hmmm...I haven't seen Sydney around much at all.

That's 'cuz I haven't been around much at all. We've
had continuous company in the house since the 2nd
week of December, it's a small house, and I'm of the
"entertain thine company by cooking them real meals"
dinosaur persuasion. I've scarcely had time to fly,
much less hang on newsgroups. So when are you coming
to visit? *g*

" has been around for a while. Someone who cared
could google and figure out who "a" likely is -- there's
enough quoted material archived.

Of course this could be someone different. But
it's still pretty durn amusin' to leap to the conclusion
that it's me.

Par A Noid -- it's not just two nerds any more.

Maybe you see a different newsgroup. Or just feel awful
thin-skinned.

Hee! Hee! I gotta say it...sounds an awful lot like...

Nah, won't say it.

I will say, nothing I can perceive stops someone from
posting good, aviation-related material. Or ignoring
someone who brings up past behavior -- one poster is
durn easy to killfile or ignore.

Always puzzles me: Some folks seem mighty quick to call
other people "net cops" or "net nazis" if those people
post an opinion that they don't care for certain posts
or topics or wish they weren't posted. "If you don't like
what someone posts, just ignore it" they advise. Yet
those same folks seem like the fastest and loudest to
complain that THEY'RE being persecuted, stalked, driven
away, or somehow hindered from posting interesting or
topical stuff, if THEY don't like what someone else posts.

Seems to me like it works two ways and they should take
the advice they dish out so freely.

My $0.02,
Sydney
Old January 5th 04, 07:20 PM
Del Rawlins

On 05 Jan 2004 06:04 AM, RU ok posted the following:

RARE? INSIGHTS:

1. I look forward to most every post from a@aa....
[and you too, Del.]

That could just as easily be explained as morbid curiosity.

2. Conversely, Pac has long been filtered from view.

About the time I start to agree with him on something he goes and says
something else which makes me want to smack him.

3. Although I do enjoy and his line of reasoning....
I would be more than a little surprised for Pac and BWB
to be one in the same. Don't 'axe' me why......
might hafta' kill ya'.

I just don't see the resemblance between Pac and Bill. There are some
things missing which would come through no matter how hard Bill tried to
conceal his true identity. My policy is to axe first and shoot
questions later, as evidenced by the various hatchets, tomahawks, and
other cutting/chopping implements hanging conveniently in my shop. 8^)

Old January 5th 04, 08:35 PM
RU ok

3. Although I do enjoy and his line of reasoning....
I would be more than a little surprised for Pac and BWB
to be one in the same. Don't 'axe' me why......
might hafta' kill ya'.

I just don't see the resemblance between Pac and Bill. There are some
things missing which would come through no matter how hard Bill tried to
conceal his true identity.

I couldn't agree more.

My policy is to axe first and shoot
questions later, as evidenced by the various hatchets, tomahawks, and
other cutting/chopping implements hanging conveniently in my shop. 8^)

Del Rawlins-

Keep this up and you will definitely qualify for....
the coveted Barnyard Seal of Approval. )

Barnyard BOb -